A Zombie Apocalypse Occurs...

Wyrmrest Accord
You all fail at Choose Your Own Adventuring.
Honestly... I don't know why people are so desperate to grab guns in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

Have we not learned what happens when you rely on guns in a post-apocalypse world where nothing is running?

You run out of ammo...

And then your really awesome gun becomes either a paperweight or a fancy, and heavy club depending on the type.

Grab a sword... keep it sharp and maybe get some armor for protection since you have to be up close and personal, then get to work.
05/03/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Aneve

I SAID B! NOW GO DIVE IN THAT SEWER >:(
But I did choose my own adventure!
Just I chose the ending where my boyfriend leads the undead hordes in and we all wind up being zombies or food. <_<
05/03/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Gellfoot
Besides, have you seen Ephie's cup size? Undead cuties got it going on.

Thank you for making me spit out my tea everywhere. :)
Giant Squids,

My plan is to be turned as quickly as possible. Then I don't have all that unnecessary stress that just adds to the aging process. Zombies seem pretty zen to me. Besides, have you seen Ephie's cup size? Undead cuties got it going on.

So a couple days ago I armoried LH Ephie and WRA Ephie at the same time, I messed up the skin color on the WRA one : ( You are probably the only person in this thread that's seen both in game : P

World Peace and Puppies,
--Eph
05/03/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Gellfoot
My plan is to be turned as quickly as possible. Then I don't have all that unnecessary stress that just adds to the aging process. Zombies seem pretty zen to me. Besides, have you seen Ephie's cup size? Undead cuties got it going on.

I support this sentiment, all of it.

My adventuring choice currently leads me to performing death metal for zombie hordes.
Evacuating to a nearby city? There is only one city on Oahu, under the terrible disguise of three or four. How about Option V...

Fight my way down to the harbor, find a boat, steal enough gas to last me for two weeks, than sail northeast.

Eat fish, drink rain. Yay.
Evacuating to a nearby city? There is only one city on Oahu, under the terrible disguise of three or four. How about Option V...

Fight my way down to the harbor, find a boat, steal enough gas to last me for two weeks, than sail northeast.

Eat fish, drink rain. Yay.

Eventually get eaten by a zombie shark...

Ya... wait...
Honestly... I don't know why people are so desperate to grab guns in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

Have we not learned what happens when you rely on guns in a post-apocalypse world where nothing is running?

You run out of ammo...

And then your really awesome gun becomes either a paperweight or a fancy, and heavy club depending on the type.

Grab a sword... keep it sharp and maybe get some armor for protection since you have to be up close and personal, then get to work.

Cricket bat.

That is all.
05/04/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Séngo
Cricket bat.

You've got red on you.

Keeping a gun maintained is crucial, even in a functioning world. These guns would (in a smart person's hands) only be used when confronted by the undead with no other options for escape.

You run out of ammo...

Yes, and after a long period of time, scavenging for ammo and the like, you will run out completely, but by that time you (should) have had time to develop effective weapons.

05/03/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Belzac
Grab a sword... keep it sharp

You'll need to find a blade with a full tang to it, otherwise, you're asking for breakage. Most swords in existence now are props and too many people would find that out too late.
I keep a few decorative swords, but in a pinch, I'd sooner grab my Louisville slugger than use one of those faulty things. You can melt the metals down from decorative swords and craft new, better blades. (Assuming you know what you're doing in so far as blacksmithing).

Even then, the force to swing through a zombie's neck, through muscle and bone, really wears on the weapon after the first few swings. I suggest heavy blunt force trauma to the head as it is easier to eave in a skull than it is to cleave through bone.
Also: Stamina.

Going against an enemy or several enemies that are tireless when most people have never had formal training or practice with a sword (most of which weigh 5-15 lbs depending on your blade composition) will wear most people out really quick.

05/03/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Belzac
maybe get some armor for protection

Greatly depends on your meaning of armor, but most of which has been designed nowadays to stop bullets to the chest because arms are non-vital. If you mean plate armor, then as with the sword bit: It requires conditioning to wear for extended periods, is rather burdensome, and can quickly become a person's demise.

Even if a person were to have no problems carrying that much tin-can-suit around, the quality of such items now-a-days is horrible.
Heeeey

C'mon now Thokk we all know there isn't actually going to be a zombie apocalypse, so lets just throw reality out the window and stretch the rules a bit >.>

Don't bring your logic in here, you'll ruin the dream :P
Thokk, you gave me an idea. Instead of the boot camp fitness training camps we need to start Zombie Apocolypse fitness training camps. I mean, if you're going to spend the time getting in shape you might as well be prepared to kill zombies, right? It'd be a full body workout!
05/04/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Belzac
Don't bring your logic in here, you'll ruin the dream :P

I operate on a speculative basis by establishing logic and reason on worst case scenarios.

This one being; we're all humans. Plain humans, and these zombies know how to run.
Outcome: Many of us are quite screwed.

05/04/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Jannit
Thokk, you gave me an idea. Instead of the boot camp fitness training camps we need to start Zombie Apocolypse fitness training camps. I mean, if you're going to spend the time getting in shape you might as well be prepared to kill zombies, right? It'd be a full body workout!

I practice every chance I get.
http://runforyourlives.com/

05/04/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Aethun
The day zombies take over I'm training bear cavalry and learning Russian.

Сделано и сделано.
Giant Squids,

05/04/2012 06:57 AMPosted by Thokk
keep a few decorative swords, but in a pinch, I'd sooner grab my Louisville slugger than use one of those faulty things

When I was eight I beat the hell out of a ten-year-old bully named Walter for making fun of a kid that had to wear glasses. My mom and his parents eventually got together and made me apologize for my inappropriate actions, we had to shake hands to prove that there wasn't any lingering animosity.

Then his parents told us why the police visited their son Walter every other week: in their previous neighborhood he beat a kid with a baseball bat that he had to be hospitalized.

My mom and I moved to a much nicer neighborhood that summer. No matter how much I doth protest she refused to simply buy me a bigger bat: http://tinyurl.com/6s94lhh

I still have one of those little t-ball bats made from them, they're scary as hell. I really need to buy a full-sized bat some day just for nostalgia's sake.

World Peace and Puppies,
--Eph
05/03/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Zieto

I SAID B! NOW GO DIVE IN THAT SEWER >:(

Just a reminder! Sewers.
What Thokk said
http://www.amazon.com/The-Zombie-Survival-Guide-Protection/dp/1400049628
Nothing.

Without nutrients the zombie's bones would just break with a small amount of force put on it.