Where are Death Knights Headed?

Story Forum
I am rather curious as to what the Knight's of the Ebonblade and DKs in general are up to lore wise after the LK's fall. The gave the Forsaken a new purpose if still rather veiled, why hasn't blizz done the same for DKs? I am really wanting some new DK lore after I read that book in beta that deals with warlocks and their new council where it mentions DKs. Considering DKs are currently going on 2 expansions with no lore maybe blizz should start adding some more?

So speculate away people! Would be nice if we got a blue giving us a clue on what is being done with DK lore too.
After their vengeance was won, the death knights found themselves without a cause and without a home. One by one they trickled into the land of the living in search of a new purpose.

Their story is the one they make. Adventuring or helping the Alliance or Horde, I don't think they're going to get much more special lore now that Wrath's done.

I do think that the Ebon Blade might do something about Sylvanas and Koltira eventually but that's just a guess and a hope.
Well I am more talking about the Ebon Blade in general. I would certainly like to see them move in some direction, after all factions like Shendralar and Dalaran got story up dates. I understand they aren't a player faction (not directly anyways) and so are probably pretty low on blizz's lists of updates for stories but I think they are too cool of a neutral faction like the Argent Crusade to just throw to the sidelines.

Heck the Argent Crusade even got updates after LK.
Dalaran's story update was minimal at best. More like they repurposed some mobs and called it an update
They really have said two things regarding death knights after Wrath. They're either rejoining their respective factions, or staying in Northrend to "clean up" the aftermath.

Honestly I'd believe that more stayed back in Northrend because they can slaughter all the Scourge they want and nobody will get angry about it. Back in EK or Kalimdor not so much.
I think an update they could do is having a story around the Death Knight generation from the second war, which where more magish. I know we killed one in BC, but theres one possibility. Unless theres some lore out there that I missed and that all those DKs are confirmed dead, then.....no clue really.
05/03/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Kendane
I think an update they could do is having a story around the Death Knight generation from the second war, which where more magish. I know we killed one in BC, but theres one possibility. Unless theres some lore out there that I missed and that all those DKs are confirmed dead, then.....no clue really.

That generation was dead human knights with orc warlock's spirits possessing the body.
Kind of hard to keep pumping those out without making Thrall angry.
05/03/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Uziyah

That generation was dead human knights with orc warlock's spirits possessing the body.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Death_knight_(Warcraft_II)

Any surviving DKs after WC 2 were captured by Kil'jaeden and turned into Liches

Only Teron Gorefiend survived, in imprisonment in SMV
05/03/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Aurriastraza

http://www.wowpedia.org/Death_knight_(Warcraft_II)

Only Teron Gorefiend survived, in imprisonment in SMV

Eh was just a suggestion, not sure where else they can take em, sure Blizzard can make up something though.
05/03/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Aurriastraza
Well, the ones that were with Ner'zhul, at any rate. At the very least, we know Ragnok Bloodreaver survived (until he ran into Jorad Mace), so it's possible there are a few others out there.
Well saying they are staying in northrend to clean up undead really doesn't sit well with me, its a cop out. And I am speaking about the Knights of the Ebon Blade faction, there are still plenty of DKs not rejoining their factions still. Not to mention Darion is a major lore figure like Tirion, wtf is he doing with the faction now?
Advancement in necromancy and more lich-type powers.

Maybe they'll get a fourth spec in two expansions where they gain the ability to become an Unholy Necromancer ranged caster. They could summon skeletons and ... well, pretty much just copypaste the entire skill list of the D3 Witch Doctor.

PFFFFFT. LOL. WHAT AM I SAYING. FOURTH SPEC!? NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Anyway!

Let the Ebon Blade do Bolvar's job while he takes a nap. There are Scourge after all outside the reaches of Northrend that are outside of his control. Let the Ebon Blade take control of them before they do too much damage.

And besides, that Grimtotem hag is getting a little too close to the Razorfens and there are still some Scourge in there...
05/03/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Èverfrost
Well saying they are staying in northrend to clean up undead really doesn't sit well with me, its a cop out. And I am speaking about the Knights of the Ebon Blade faction, there are still plenty of DKs not rejoining their factions still. Not to mention Darion is a major lore figure like Tirion, wtf is he doing with the faction now?

For the most part, the bulk of Death Knights have signed up to serve Varian and Garoosh directly. They're called to war again, only it's Horde vs. Alliance, just like it was for most of them when they were alive.
Wasn't there some lore mentioned in the new Warlock books appearing in beta about how the Ebon Blade was starting to learn how to control the lesser undead?

That could be the start of something, like Sylvannas getting a taste of her own medicine for Koltira.

Yeah according to the Council of Six the Ebon Blade are still working on some goal. The letter you get from him for doing the ICC achievements also hints to the Knights doing something behind the scenes.
05/04/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Vulpe
That could be the start of something, like Sylvannas getting a taste of her own medicine for Koltira.

The Ebon Blade couldn't take the forsaken alone. They'd need the help of the Argent Crusade as well. I don't think Sylvanas is any different than she's always been.

Also she was right to drag Koltira's stupid butt back to UC and rebuke him. The idiot made a truce with the enemy then when his back was turned they attacked him. He made a foolish mistake and he should have known better.
05/04/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Uziyah

The Ebon Blade couldn't take the forsaken alone. They'd need the help of the Argent Crusade as well. I don't think Sylvanas is any different than she's always been.

Also she was right to drag Koltira's stupid butt back to UC and rebuke him. The idiot made a truce with the enemy then when his back was turned they attacked him. He made a foolish mistake and he should have known better.

Uhhhh more like they made a truce and Slyvanas called in the Valkyr and back stabbed the Alliance.

And yes I know the warlock book that talks about the Council of Six Daggers mentions the Knights of the Ebon Blade are working on controlling lesser undead. But thats really only a teaser and not really a story continuing from Wrath. Also I am very interested in what Darion has been up too now. Tirion/Argent Crusade got his story continued, he went back to WPL got his home back and is working to cleanse EPL. Darion/Knight of the Ebon Blade haven't really been given much if anything at all.

Though that tidbit in the lock book might suggest they are gearing up for war? Possibly with the Forsaken or Argent Crusade. Though I think it would be war with the Forsaken, especially since Slyvanas is essentially becoming a new Lich King/Queen by using the Valkyr to raise fallen Gilneans and such. Not to mention the Knights hate undeath, even their own, which is partly the reason why they went after Arthas.
05/05/2012 02:10 AMPosted by Èverfrost
Uhhhh more like they made a truce and Slyvanas called in the Valkyr and back stabbed the Alliance.

Stop making stuff up. Really, how did Slyvanas back stab the Alliance at Andorhal?

As for the Ebon Blade their story is largely carried on through the individual Death Knights with their respective factions. I'm doubtful that we'll see a large amount of activity from the group for some time.

<3 Shudder: Oh, and please somebody just kill Koltira.
05/05/2012 02:10 AMPosted by Èverfrost

Actually it was the Alliance soliders who broke the truce and attacked the Forsaken. This from the Alliance side of the quests, btw.
The Ebon Blade is probably trying to control the lesser undead to use as fodder against the scourge. They're up in Northrend "cleaning house".

While I don't wan't all the scourge killed, the ones that Bolvar cant control need to be removed from existence.