"Suspicious Character"

General Discussion
I was just browsing MMO-Champ when a member of that site posted this story:

"I logged onto my freshly 85 Paladin last night, and just as a do I saw, what looked like, an NPC "Suspicious Character". He was hiding behind the General Goods Vendor in Nordrassil. He looked like a blood elf and was red but didn't appear to be attack-able. As soon as I tried to click on him he vanished.

I asked the guild about it and no one seemed to have any input. Then I searched the forums and didn't see anything.

Anyone know anything about this? Part of a quest or phasing? Maybe pre-MoP things happening like the earthquakes before Cata?"

He claims to have never played on a private server, and that it disappeared so quickly that he didn't get a chance to screencap it.

Does anyone know anything about this, or is this kid just wacko?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1125850-quot-Suspicious-Character-quot
Sounds like a bad rumor started by a guy who just made it up on the spot.
05/04/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Bergoan
It's part of an old quest. He disappeared because the game realized he wasn't supposed to be there.

Alrighty then. Do you happen to know what quest off the top of your head? :) I would just like to settle it for them since they're mostly accusing the poor guy of lying or of being looney tunes.
It was a GM testing out some things.
Hello, I am the OP who saw the NPC and posted the thread on MMO-Champ.

I think the quest you're referring to is Inciting the Elements and the associated NPC is Twilight Inciter. This comes closest to explaining what I saw, but I truly believe that I saw the name "Suspicious Character."