Anduin goes Neutral - Really?

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next

Because I'm right.
Obsessed would be a little more accurate imo.

You can use a better word than that, use mine. (Fits a lot better)
Obsessed would be a little more accurate imo.

I'm sorry you feel that way. But I don't really think anyone's done much to refute my points and it doesn't take a lot of effort for me to formulate them. I occasionally get a nice discussion out of it, as well.

If you view me as obsessed, that's fine. I can be obsessed and right at the same time.

It doesn't matter what anyone presents to you because you already have you own mind made up.
Please, keep on topic and avoid attacking others personally ==.==
05/04/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Enekie

It's...not Horde-only. They've only datamined half of the event. The Alliance's MoP event hasn't been released yet, probably because they're making absolutely sure the forums won't go into an uproar over it. :p

That wasn't confirmed. The only thing confirmed at this point is the Horde's role. Until we hear otherwise, it's Horde-only.

hmm, that's what he just said....
"The Alliance's MoP event hasn't been released yet" = it's not been confirmed

That said, 3 Xpacs of both Horde AND Alliance pre-Xpac event is pretty close to confirmation that the Alliance will have an pre-MoP event. Are you suggesting that only the Horde get an event?
05/04/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Khaerys
Please, keep on topic and avoid attacking others personally ==.==

your ugly!

... that aside, seriously having the kings freaking son going neutral makes no sense at all.
05/04/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Enekie
'm suggesting that it's a little unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past Blizzard.

Come on Enekie even you must know Blizz isnt stupid enough to do something like that, and we all know we ARE getting a MoP event.
Anduin was always being developed as a pro-truce peacetime leader. He's the guy who was trying to get his dad to form a truce with Thrall. He's practically friends with Baine. He dislikes war. Anduin is all about peace.

Also, re:Tirion, just because a character is human doesn't mean he's Alliance. Tirion was exiled from the Alliance in the very same novel he was introduced in.
05/04/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Zagden
I wiped out a Forsaken invasion force in Gilneas, then wiped out the orcish invasion force that came to assist

You do realize that the continuation of that story is through the undead and they win, right? Gilneas is evacuated. So you can strike that off your list. The other 4 I concede.

05/04/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Zagden
I was questing in territory that was formally solidly Horde!

I can only think you're referring to the Barrens, but it always had Ratchet for Allies to quest out of. The zones are now mostly split half and half, except for southshore, which used to be split and is now Horde only. And Azshara, which used to be split and is now Horde only. Not that it bothers me. I believe it was done to offset imbalances in available areas for questing.

Anyway, I have two Loremasters, this guy from prior to Cata, and a Hordie post-Cata. Horde's story is stronger. Any debate over it is a farce.

I think we can all agree that when it comes to the war during MoP Blizz needs to turn up the heat. What I fear is that they're afraid to do anything crazy, like Sylvanas kill another Horde leader, one of the Dwarf Council kill off another member, or have an Alliance leader go rogue and take out a Horde leader. Seems to me they're playing it safe with the Anduin story.
Anduin was always being developed as a pro-truce peacetime leader. He's the guy who was trying to get his dad to form a truce with Thrall. He's practically friends with Baine. He dislikes war. Anduin is all about peace.

Also, re:Tirion, just because a character is human doesn't mean he's Alliance. Tirion was exiled from the Alliance in the very same novel he was introduced in.

well considering that
A. MOP is going to be the "horde vs alliance war" (quotes the size of a skysc!!*#r) expansion, having him giving dailies to everyone makes no sense.
B. hes the son of the king of the alliance (alliance = human) so why would be giving out quests to the horde?
let's face it in real life not all father's and son's see eye to eye and u peeps no it! so in game which is part fantasy but also with character who have there own free will thing can always change like thrall loving a human or varian son choosing peace over war!it doesnt matter i play both sides and every time i on either side it horde get favoritism or when im on horde side alliance get favoritism! i really wish there was way for blizz to show they dont favor a side but in the world of warcraft anything goes cuz of human programmers free will which then get program into npc free will as well of our on we dont have to kill every dang boss they throw at is we can simply sit with are head up are u know whats and die if we wish just saying!
My position is already that Blizzard wrote a very bad story and does a very terrible job of addressing player concerns about it. But a position isn't necessarily immutable. I've been convinced to accept other forms of thought (some in this very thread, in fact).

I was really pro-alliance in WC and WC II. I leaned Horde in WC III. In WoW I have characters on both factions and enjoy the story line from both. While not equal, we see conflict, gain, and lose on both sides. I have loved the story ever since building my first town gaurded by footmen, archers, and clerics in Humans vs Orcs.

I probably cannot connect with your mindset because I don't associate myself with a faction. I see myself participating in a story and have enjoyed the story. I can read Tolkien and be perfectly fine that he is heavily biased toward men, the eldar, and dwarves. I can read GRR Martin and see he tends to play a more even hand towards his various factions. Not all authors are the same, and that's what gives the spice of the story. My concern with WoW as a player is that racials are balanced so that neither faction has an advantage in PVP or raiding.

As far as the story goes, suffering trials and tribulations tends to make the story stronger. I have no problems rooting for an underdog or role playing as one as the story goes. I would much rather be aligned with John Conner than the machines if World of Termination was every created, even though the machines are heavily favored in that story.

The best advice I can think to give you is, if you get upset when role playing a faction that is being oppressed and doesn't appear to have the upper hand...change faction. If the tables turn, you can always change back. Try to keep in mind you are playing a part in a story, but the story isn't about you.
btw in vanilla we where killing dragon of all color now we work for them go figure!
Honestly , the alliance/horde thing is tired. ... Time for some new lore and open the way for neutral race/faction stuff and updated character models for the classic races. Shake it all up, make this 8 year old game not seem 8 years old! Still fun as hell, but it would be cool to have a massive shake up.