Title for Vanilla wow players

Achievements
I'm not sure if someone has already mentioned in another thread, but I've had this idea for a while now. I would like to see a feat of strength achievement for players who have started wow in vanilla. A special title for all characters on that account; or maybe a pet, or mount, or something that distinguishes players who started their journey from the beginning. Just a suggestion, hope blizzard takes it in for consideration.
I think a veteran reward system might make more sense, I mean, there are MMOs just as old, some even younger than WoW that have one implemented
I agree 100% and I'm so glad you suggested this! I was just thinking about making a post like this myself, and I'm glad to see someone else already has.

I think having a feat of strength and a title would be excellent. I have been playing since day 1, and I would love for my characters to reflect that!
How about "Special Unique Snowflake"?
05/05/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Shalura
How about "Special Unique Snowflake"?

I was about to post something like this, but you have beat me to it.
You guys had access to more content than somebody who started in Cataclysm ever will.

You had how many extra years to farm how many things?
You don't need anything else.
I disagree with schwert. Nowadays players have access to more content. In vanilla, it was time consuming to recruit players for dungeons, and most of the time pugs were fail. There was no dungeon finder, and the best gear you can hope for doing 5 mans was blue gear. Lets not forget 10 man scholomance. Forget about raiding; you needed a good guild and 40 solid players to run mc and you better have mc on farm before you even think about setting foot in bwl. As far as years farming things, after every expansion, the previous wow version's items are obsolete and really serve no purpose unless its for professions or purely asthetic reasons.
You're not getting my point:

-ZG
-ZG
-Naxx 40
-Revamped Zones
-Removed Mounts/Titles
-Doing content while current

Your reward for playing so long is getting those things.
"Was a Loser First"...what a glorious title.
I think maybe a title for when your account was first activated depending on what expansion it happened in.

Vanilla created accounts = x title
Burning Crusade = y title
Wotlk = z title

Im not a huge fan of such things seperating the community but some part of me deep down inside wants to see every single forum poster that starts their thread with "ive been playing since vanilla" run away and stop talking crap.
You guys had access to more content than somebody who started in Cataclysm ever will.

You had how many extra years to farm how many things?
You don't need anything else.

05/05/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Pyrogenic
pvp titles, zg, naxx, and all grandfathered items/mounts aren't enough for you?
Oddjob with Rose-Tinted Glasses

Kind of like it. Would go well with Ruby Shades as both have the same effect
Lotta jealousy in this thread. Just sayin'.
I've been playing since vanilla and don't feel I need to be rewarded for it. My reward was I got to do it.
05/05/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Pyrogenic
pvp titles, zg, naxx, and all grandfathered items/mounts aren't enough for you?

I do respect your opinion. However, I still would like to address your argument.

-Pvp titles, moot point since blizzard reintroduced the titles and are obtainable again.

-ZG and Naxx raids are probably the main reasons why blizzard made raids easier. Blizzard spends a lot of time designing and building these dungeons and realized a very low number of players actually got to see the content. The reason that most players never saw these raids was because there were maybe 1 or 2 guilds on the realm that actually were progressing through Naxx; even if you were recruited into the guild (which was like a job interview process), you were not guaranteed a spot in the raid. So like I said earlier, not many players saw much above the 5 man dungeons (even 5 man dungeons were hard to find).

-Grandfathered items and mounts. Not sure the argument here because I am not aware of any items that were taken out of the game. If there was items taken out, they were probably in the possession of a one or two players game wide, but I think the legendary weapons are still obtainable. Most items you are still able to farm out today. The mount you are referring to, I believe is the one from ZG, which again only a handful of players saw that raid, and even less got the mount. Deathcharger's Reigns from Baron Rivendare was the only other mount drop I remember, it was a 0.02% drop rate. But you first needed a group to get there; if you pugged it, forget it you might get passed the first boss or two but most of the times pugs failed. Guild group would be the best if you can find any of them to join you. A lot of the times it would take you half the night just trying to get a group together.

My point is; unless you played vanilla, with all due respect, you don't know what your talking about. Wow has been in easy mode since BC and more and more players are able to see most of the content. This is not meant to be a QQ or poor me. I'm just trying to inform everyone, and hopefully readers can see and understand my side of the argument.