So in MoP Paladin's get Blinding Light....

Paladin
Really?
Out of all the possible abilities you could have given paladins at lvl 87 you give us Blinding Light?
An ability which deals no damage, and an effect which really only has a use in PVP?

Pretty much this ability is only useful for PVP paladins...
Atleast every other classes lvl 87 ability has uses in PVE content... or atleast do damage...

GG Blizzard..

I can't be the only one who's annoyed by this...
BOOM 70 bazillion people are dazed for 6 whopping seconds.

Paladins are going to be <3'd in Rated BGs.
Really?
Out of all the possible abilities you could have given paladins at lvl 87 you give us Blinding Light?
An ability which deals no damage, and an effect which really only has a use in PVP?

Pretty much this ability is only useful for PVP paladins...
Atleast every other classes lvl 87 ability has uses in PVE content... or atleast do damage...

GG Blizzard..

I can't be the only one who's annoyed by this...

If you're not PVPing, why are you still playing this game? PVE is as dull as it's ever been, and with Blizzard's moronic method of making gear from old raids obsolete the millisecond a new raid hits, you only ever have one raid to do a week. Then that raid is nerfed on a schedule so there is no incentive to even gear up or play better if you get stuck. Just wait a month or two and the boss will do 30% less damage and you'll have some new heroic that throws even more insanely powerful gear at you.

So yes, give us more PVP abilities. Flesh it out to the fullest.
Same with pvp gear, next season comes and you have to get a whole new set of gear. So yeah there goes your argument.
I guess some people missed my point...
If you go look at ANY other class's level 87 ability you'll see that it either:

1) Does damage
2) Is useful for your current spec
or 3) has a potential use for PVE content..

This ability while it will work on mobs in dungeons and stuff really isn't THAT useful in comparison to other classes lvl 87 abilities..

I mean yeah, this is great if your a Pally who does PVP, but to those of us who DON'T PVP its a kick in the teeth..
I CANT BELIEVE THAT GIVE NON PVE PALLYS HAND OF SALVATION.
THIS IS A KICK IN THE TEETH TO ANY PVP ONLY PALLYS.
i'm not annoyed i'm actually happy :)
It has it's uses in PvE aswell, maybe just not raids. Ret is looking great pvp and pve wise in MoP, stop complaining. And MoP seems a little more PvP based than the last expansions, so it's what to expect.
Is there a list of latest changes and all updates for MoP somewhere?
Add-heavy raid encounters are going to love this spell. 6 seconds can mean a LOT in raid time. This isn't a minor stun we're talking here, like Glyph of Holy Wrath on live. 6 seconds is the same duration of Hammer of Justice. And Repentence. And now Blinding Light. The nice thing about Blinding Light is that it's not target sensitive. It just hits everywhere around you, no matter what. The only REAL down side is that it's a disorient effect that would probably be removed by any damage. And the cooldown might be a bit lengthy.
Blinded by the light...cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night.

The Boss says you will be blinded.
05/07/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Maeltum
Add-heavy raid encounters are going to love this spell. 6 seconds can mean a LOT in raid time. This isn't a minor stun we're talking here, like Glyph of Holy Wrath on live. 6 seconds is the same duration of Hammer of Justice. And Repentence. And now Blinding Light. The nice thing about Blinding Light is that it's not target sensitive. It just hits everywhere around you, no matter what. The only REAL down side is that it's a disorient effect that would probably be removed by any damage. And the cooldown might be a bit lengthy.

I can agree that add heavy Raids MAY find a use for this spell... however as you also said the Cool Down is 3 minutes, the range is only 10 yards and it costs 23.4% base mana.. which is a fairly high mana cost..

Aside from Warlocks, its the most mana heavy lvl 87 skill, but then agian Locks can cast their one before a fight and regen the mana back before the fight starts..

05/07/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Anaik
It has it's uses in PvE aswell, maybe just not raids. Ret is looking great pvp and pve wise in MoP, stop complaining. And MoP seems a little more PvP based than the last expansions, so it's what to expect.

Just because MoP has more PVP content does not mean that I should "Suck it up and deal with it" I personally do not like PVP and I play this game purely for PVE with my firends... Why should the class I choose to play get an ability who's only decent use is in PVP content?

I know i'm currently in Ret spec, but its for questing purposes only.. my main spec is holy..
You know what the level 85 Skill in Cata was?
Inquisition..

Lets see, an ability which increases damage done and lasts for x seconds based on how much holy power you use...
everyone will agree that this is pretty much a Ret ability, Prot's CAN use it for more threat... but then again their better off using their Shield of the Righteous
But for Holy paladins this skill his USELESS (unless in PVP and your playing a shockadin)

So thats why i'm annoyed because for a second expansion in a row, it seems that only Ret paladins get a new spell that they can use effectively...
Looking at the Shaman Ascendance ability and then Blinding Light makes me sad. Theres a Guild Wars 2 ability for Guardians where you get rooted but turn into a holy avenger and have 5 crazy damaging spells and cc. I'm not saying do this but it would be cool to have something iconic or at least make our 1 new ability from leveling in the expansion different for all specs like Shaman's have. I really don't like the idea of adding ANOTHER cooldown to Ret because the current 3 cd system works well, however I can't think of anything else to be put in especially as a rotational ability that wouldn't make us rather clunky.

Maybe we had a 1 minute CD ability that consumes stacks of Censure on the target and applies a huge DoT like Combustion for fire mages.
05/06/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Friendabull
and an effect which really only has a use in PVP?

MoP is going to be more focused on world PvP than Cata was, at least for PvP realms. This will be an extremely useful ability in that sense.

There are going to be scenarios that are PvP that reward PvE (from my understanding) players, so it will be in PvE players interest to learn to hold their own in PvP to an extent.

If you hadn't noticed, most classes get a movement talent and a CC talent.
05/07/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Friendabull

I can agree that add heavy Raids MAY find a use for this spell... however as you also said the Cool Down is 3 minutes, the range is only 10 yards and it costs 23.4% base mana.. which is a fairly high mana cost..

Aside from Warlocks, its the most mana heavy lvl 87 skill, but then agian Locks can cast their one before a fight and regen the mana back before the fight starts..

Just because MoP has more PVP content does not mean that I should "Suck it up and deal with it" I personally do not like PVP and I play this game purely for PVE with my firends... Why should the class I choose to play get an ability who's only decent use is in PVP content?

I know i'm currently in Ret spec, but its for questing purposes only.. my main spec is holy..
You know what the level 85 Skill in Cata was?
Inquisition..

Lets see, an ability which increases damage done and lasts for x seconds based on how much holy power you use...
everyone will agree that this is pretty much a Ret ability, Prot's CAN use it for more threat... but then again their better off using their Shield of the Righteous
But for Holy paladins this skill his USELESS (unless in PVP and your playing a shockadin)

So thats why i'm annoyed because for a second expansion in a row, it seems that only Ret paladins get a new spell that they can use effectively...

I didn't say "suck it up" I said it was what we can expect. You can use it in pve, just not useful in a raid. We got moves to make us do more damage it's just not the level 87 move. Sorry every move in the game can't be used to deal damage.
05/07/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Anaik
You can use it in pve, just not useful in a raid.

If Blinding Light doesn't have a maximum amount of mobs it can hit, then I can tell you one place where I would use it in PvE: Heroic Spine. Third plate. 50+ bloods easily.

Just shame about the absurdly long cooldown on it.
Blinding Light will be less than useful, for the most part. It might be a decent respite for someone taking major damage, but it definitely won't be too useful. Especially on it's CD timer.
As has been said yes it can be used on Mobs in raids etc...
but here's the catch 22 on that...

In most cases where you have mobs the mechanic is to DPS all the mobs down...
So dazing them wont do much because when their dealt damage the effect ends...
People also don't seem to notice its high mana cost...
but I digress..

As Ruadh said: I would personally prefer a level 87 skill which is Simulare to the Shamans, an ability which has an effect based on what SPEC your in...
Heck, if Ret Paladins love this ability then they could have it as their Ret spec talent, but Give Prot and Holy Paladins something we can actually USE in PVE raiding content (Not trash / mobs)

05/07/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Anaik
I didn't say "suck it up" I said it was what we can expect. You can use it in pve, just not useful in a raid. We got moves to make us do more damage it's just not the level 87 move. Sorry every move in the game can't be used to deal damage.

To clear the misconceptions up, I said that all the other classes lvl 87 talents either DO deal damage (Hunters, DK's to name 2) OR Increase damage output (Rogues, Shamans) OR the effects have a superior and or more logical PVE application (Druid, Warrior, Warlock, Mage, Priest)...

I'm not saying EVERY ability should do damage, i'm just pointing out that currently Blinding light Does no damage, and it's effect is hardly useful in PVE raids, unlike every other classes talents which are useful in raids..

This is of course my opinion and people are free to disagree with it, but for those who share my opinion this thread is here to allow us to discuss this talent and perhaps even how we would like to see blizzard change it.
If Blinding Light doesn't have a maximum amount of mobs it can hit, then I can tell you one place where I would use it in PvE: Heroic Spine. Third plate. 50+ bloods easily.

Just shame about the absurdly long cooldown on it.

This. Then again, you only really need to stun the bloods once if the kiting tank is doing his job, also you could use more than 1 paladin if you feel it's vital? 25-mans will more likely than not have 2-3 pallies anyway.