Noob Question

New Player Help and Guides
I have just recently started to play WoW and get into it and I've just been getting relatively bored with my Tauren Warrior and was just wondering, what class do you more experienced players find the most fun and which race to go along with it? I've really not tried anything else but I would like to hear your feedback.
05/06/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Azmel
I have just recently started to play WoW and get into it and I've just been getting relatively bored with my Tauren Warrior and was just wondering, what class do you more experienced players find the most fun and which race to go along with it? I've really not tried anything else but I would like to hear your feedback.

I suggest taking the class questionnaire from the sticky at the top. Fun is relative, I have tons of fun with my Tauren warrior, so if you use the sticky we'll know more about your preferences and be able to recommend something that fits your style.
05/06/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Monmonn
I suggest taking the class questionnaire from the sticky at the top.

This. You can find the sticky here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021054075

Copy + paste it here and fill it out (be as detailed as possible) and we'll do our best to make a recommendation for you.
Only Classes I like anymore are Warriors, and Priests
05/06/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Easystuff

Not very helpful to the OP.
I <3 my:

<----- Nelf hunter

Nelf druid
Draenei shaman
Draenei mage
Worgen rogue

Draenei death knight
Worgen warrior
Worgen druid

Belf rogue
Belf death knight
Belf priest
Belf warrior

caveat: I choose my class/race combos based entirely on looks and the feel of play, not for any considerations of which racials make the best combos
05/06/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Easystuff

And as if proving the point Ry made (and what I made in my sticky, which he linked) you couldn't pay me enough money in the world to level those two classes because I dislike them so much.
In case you're on a trial, bear in mind that feelings for a class at 85 can be different than feelings for the same class at 20.
05/06/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Sariä
if you have the wrath of the lich king expansion you can make a death knight those are pretty fun too.

Blech.
I usually love whatever I am leveling the most.

Currently I am loving my NE warrior.

Before her, during Cataclysm, I have loved my: Gnome Mage; Gnome Warlock; Worgen Rogue; Draenei Paladin; Draenei Shaman; Draenei Hunter; Worgen Druid; Human Priest; Human Death knight; Human Hunter; and Worgen Druid.

While at this moment my favorite class is warrior, of all the classes I've level capped -- and while I'm between leveling alts -- my favorite has consistently remained druids. I love them enough that I've leveled two of the same race/class combo. I also have a level 52 druid, which sits idly for when I feel like enjoying lower level dungeons. The only problem that I find with druids is that they take a bit to "come into their own." By this I mean that they're more fun to play at higher levels than they are at lower levels. Though, if you plan to level all the way up though his is a good thing, since their fun only increases as they get stronger and acquire more abilities.

Beyond boomkins, trees, bears, cats, cheetahs, and seals being super silly and highly entertaining, I also think epic flight form may be one of the neatest and funnest in the game; it also feels incredibly smooth to go flying around as a bird and makes it an extremely enjoyable and addictive thing to do. Likewise, while I primarily play a tree, I think silly owlbeasts and their comical dances, treants, moonbeams, tidal waves, falling stars, and hurricanes are also unbeatably goofy and cool with their abilities.
05/06/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Nok
In case you're on a trial, bear in mind that feelings for a class at 85 can be different than feelings for the same class at 20.

True Dat.

Early in the game, you're pretty much a Melee or a Ranged, and that's all the differentiation there is. A warrior, paladin, rogue ... they'll each feel pretty much the same, just as a priest, warlock, mage and hunter will feel pretty much the same. As your character levels up and gains more and more abilities, it starts to feel like a different class altogether.

It's a game, so play. Try another class. Then another. Then another. If you like the game, eventually you'll find the class that you like, and you'll stick with it. (Until you decide that the alt you'd forgotten about sounds like fun.)
05/06/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Sariä
I had alot of fun leveling a hunter and mage and once you hit 55 on a character if you have the wrath of the lich king expansion you can make a death knight those are pretty fun too.

this coming from the death knight LOLZ
Become an altoholic. Because it's just ONE more, what can it hurt?
Depends on what you're wanting to try. Since you stated you're getting bored of your warrior, I'd suggest on trying a caster, or a hunter...something ranged. If you're wanting to stay with the Horde, I'd suggest using a troll. Pretty easy starting area, cool looking race(in my opinion), and they're able to be every type of ranged combat class; actually, any class besides a Paladin.

Now, it all depends on what sounds appealing to you. Would you prefer to cast spells that deal direct damage? Any spec mage, a destruction Warlock, a hunter(although Survival is kinda DoT heavy), or even an Elemental shaman. Would you prefer to cast spells that deal Damage over time while you're casting your other spells? A warlock, shadow priest, or a Balance druid may be what you're looking for.

Honestly...I'd give a druid a shot, they can literally do everything...and be pretty good at it later on in the game. Feral: You can either be a bear to tank, a cat to be kind of like a rogue, a mutant chicken if you wish to take the caster route, or there's always the Healing Over Time heavy Restoration druid.

Whatever you decide to go with, I wish you fun times, and good luck. Toodles!
05/06/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Nok

This. For example, core components of fury rotation (raging blow, bloodsurge-slam and Colossus smash) does not come about until level 39, level 59 and level 81, respectively. Similarly, for arms, regularly usable overpower comes at level 33, slam comes at level 44, and Colossus smash comes at level 81. At low levels, most specs are reduced to spamming a single spell or two, and can feel very, very different from the same spec at level cap.