To the Ground!

Achievements
Defeat Commander Springvale without allowing him to receive Unholy Empowerment in Heroic Shadowfang Keep

This is the only achievement I'm missing for Glory of the Cataclysm Hero. I don't even understand the achievement fully, much less a proper strategy for doing it. Any help?
Um as I recall, you just have to burn the adds/interrupt them so they don't get a cast off. I'm 90% sure they're the ones that give him the unholy empowerment.
It's all about add control. Unholy empowerment is a buff they put on the boss, so if you can kill or interrupt them before they can cast it, you've got the achievement. If your group has mostly 378 or better gear and knows how to play their class, this should be fairly trivial to do now, though it was a bit of a challenge when tier 11 was current.
Assign a dps for the officer and the other guy (cant remember his title) for interrupting them. They don't hit hard for anyone in the 378 or better gear, so its pretty simple to kill them quickly.

When the adds come out, 1 dps to the officer, 1 to the other and kill them asap while getting an interrupt on each of them. It really is easy at this point.
So if I have a group full of 390+ raiders, put the tank and the squishiest DPS on boss, and two melee/interrupter DPS on an add each, have the healer heal everyone and we should get it no problem?
05/08/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Pogo
So if I have a group full of 390+ raiders, put the tank and the squishiest DPS on boss, and two melee/interrupter DPS on an add each, have the healer heal everyone and we should get it no problem?

If you have a group of 390+ raiders just hero(if available) and burn boss + original adds. He should be dead before you have to worrry about new sets of adds.
05/08/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Nerfbatt

If you have a group of 390+ raiders just hero(if available) and burn boss + original adds. He should be dead before you have to worrry about new sets of adds.

Yea, that's what people have told me. This didn't work.
05/08/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Pogo

Yea, that's what people have told me. This didn't work.

If you kill the first 2 adds at the start of the fight and kill the boss before more come then you will get the achivement baring any bugs. I have done it several times in LFD pugs. It does work.