New Beta Build Coming Up Later Today (May 8)

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
So I guess there was another patch today. I tryed to log in after patching up to date tonight and now I can't get into the game. I get past the password screen and end up at the character screen and pick my level 88 to play, but when the loading screen comeing up while I am trying to enter the game, the game crashes and throws me completely out of the game and brings up the crash report window. Is anyone else having this concern?
You discribed my problem exactly
If you're crashing when entering on a character, try switching to using the 32-bit client (turn on the "load 32-bit client" (under Options->Game Preferences).

I was having problems before with the 64-bit client on my druid, but not my mage or other characters, now with the latest patch it crashes on entry on at least those two, haven't checked to see if all of them fail. 32-bit client still works fine.
Even with 32bit enabled the application stops responding after the character selection screen. No errors, no messages it just stops responding. :(
05/11/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Growltiger
If you're crashing when entering on a character, try switching to using the 32-bit client (turn on the "load 32-bit client" (under Options->Game Preferences).

Thanks. That worked for me.
05/08/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Oyness
Spoken like a true shut in. I enjoy my Mac and get with the times. Desktops are going obsolete...

Mac is to PC, what Betamax was to VHS.
Figures..it's always the 64bit peeps that get the blunt end of the stick.
So i try to log on and i cant find a server? Servers down right now?
32bit worked for me
I highly doubt that, go for a walk threw Microsoft or a Mac tour if yer in to that but desktops will allways be around they hold more junk in the trunk sistah! =))
A word to you tho there BOTH great OP systems.....not as good as "Ford" tho =))
By the way Blizz Beta team the LOG-IN process is booting tons of ppl maybe run a FIX huh!!
yea Bolz same here!

yep I have for 3 days man so sad to pay my rent but cant sit in the livin room eh mate?
I JUST tried that and Im in..like way to go Pawdummy<<<<=)) tytyty
I am not sure why people would hijack a beta test thread to begin hating on Mac/Pc...

but while that's the discussion at hand, ...

how can people say macs are inferior? I don't know much about computers...ALL I know is that I had PC after PC crash, become infested with viruses, need constant updating, freeze all the time; I had to spend a lot of money on antivirus software that needed constant updating and was annoying beyond belief.

then, I got a mac, simply to see if i could do my work without interruption.
I have both a laptop and a desktop. they are both elegant and beautiful. they have never frozen, never crashed, never done anything but run smoothly in the years I have had them...with photo editing, music editing, voiceover work, illustration/image editing, manuscript editing,....

no problems. zero.

how can people possibly even compare the two? It sounds so ignorant.

"LOL get a real computer."

really? If you don't have one, don't have one. Telling others who have one that they are somehow wrong is really juvenile. It just makes you sound like you lack education, or are so caught up in a mob mentality (more people have PC therefore it must be "better" somehow?) that it actually makes you feel good to write such silly, reactionary posts wherein a clear lack of any thought process at all is glaringly evident.

Now. can we talk about beta, which is what this thread was for originally?

If you don't have a mac, don't have a mac. If you do, do. But either way, yapping on a forum about how you are better just makes you look silly. :o)

I don't think mac makes me better. I just fail to see how having a computer that doesn't frustrate me by freezing and breaking and getting in my way is a bad choice. It does what I need it to do. that makes me happy. You don't like it? don't buy one.
Spoken like a true shut in. I enjoy my Mac and get with the times. Desktops are going obsolete...

AAAHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

HAH... HHAHAHA

Heh... hah, oh wait you're serious? But starbucks' coffee isn't even any good....

lol! so when you get tired of your subpar proformance you just go buy a new laptop, I upgrade my vidio card and keep my high res, high frame rates. No thanks, Ill just stay behind the times thank you
my beta hasent worked since day one and ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it about 6 times now. when i get to the realm screen its just blank and has always been blank since the begenning. when i go to battle net, all the copys i requested a transfer for are still "pending" but only one says complete. i dunno wtf im doing wrong
I did the whole 1 year contract which of course came with the beta really not liking it you would figure you guys would try to come up with something out of the ordinary. You guys made the pandarins horde or alliance that is why i played the game before this the different races for the faction made the toons and exp unique blizzard has destroyed wow. I dont know about everyone else but i got diablo 3 and its already down blizzard has had how long to work the bugs out and wow every other day there is some sort of maitenance of some sort which i am just so dissapointed with how the games are being ran.