Will the Blood Elves ever have a King?

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next

Opinion.

But the Blood Elves WERE wrong.

For what? Trying to survive? Kael'thas was wrong, they were lead down a path that was undesirable. They, Blood Elves as a whole, weren't wrong. Unless you're looking at it in a very shortsighted view.
See, the main problem is, the Blood Elves were wrong, and the High Elves were right.

That is pure personal opinion. Nothing more than that.

....How is it pure personal opinion. I'd think the Blood Elves were wrong in what they did. For what? Trying to survive? Kael'thas was wrong, they were lead down a path that was undesirable. They, Blood Elves as a whole, weren't wrong. Unless you're looking at it in a very shortsighted view.

For sucking on Fel magic.
They don't really need a king or royalty, just make Lorthemar the official leader.
05/08/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Lothor

Opinion.

But the Blood Elves WERE wrong.

Neither were wrong IMO. Imagine if there was never a Naaru around to fix their Sunwell or some far off ancient race of aliens to purify their well? To the entire population at the time of the schism between them neither of these existed. The Blood Elves acted in order to survive while High Elves presumably survived only in small populations in areas rich in magic where they passively drew on the magic around them. Blood Elves lived in Silvermoon and actively drew magic from wherever they could find it in order to keep Quel'thalas going.

In the end the High Elves did what was right in order to keep themselves pure and the Blood Elves did what was right to keep Quel'thalas from dieing.
I'm partial to the idea of establishing a High Elf presence in Silvermoon, either as part of reparations from the Horde to the Alliance following the Siege of Orgrimmar or after a time of relative peace between the two factions. Following this tensions would eventually spill over and a lead to a cease fire. A cold war follows in which the elves as a whole are 'neutral' as far as being able to play as Alliance or Horde. Blood Elves are still strongly Horde and High Elves are still strongly Alliance. Some Blood Elves would have to convert over to High Elves in order to even out the population or the High Elves would need to have Alliance troops stationed in the city to deter the possibility of violence.

This is unworkable. Alliance troops allowed to stay in Horde territory? Trying to split Quel'thalas damages the Blood elves position in the Horde a LOT. It opens them up for charges of treason as well as drastically increased spying. It would also mean the Blood elves would be cut out of all Horde military decisions since they now pose a massive security risk.

Exactly. That's why it would be a brilliant move by the Alliance when they come demanding concessions after the Siege of Orgrimmar. I doubt it would be worded as blatantly as I put it could work IMO. I also doubt there would be a true Alliance presence allowed in Silvermoon though.
05/08/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Lothor

That is pure personal opinion. Nothing more than that.

....How is it pure personal opinion. I'd think the Blood Elves were wrong in what they did. For what? Trying to survive? Kael'thas was wrong, they were lead down a path that was undesirable. They, Blood Elves as a whole, weren't wrong. Unless you're looking at it in a very shortsighted view.

Speculation, it was a means not an end and their survival was at stake. You're staring at the tip of the iceburg and ignoring what's under water.

In the grand scheme of things it was the right thing to do. Without doing that they never would have gotten their Sunwell back.

No more than the orcs did for drinking demon blood and the Blood elves, unlike the orcs, were able to stop it a LOT sooner and with far less damage done to the world and themselves. Unlike the High elves, the Blood elves worked to rebuild their homeland and they did it. While the High elves sat on their asses and did -nothing- to help.

Err except the Orcs weren't addicted to Fel. The High Elves and still train themselves not to be addicted to said source of magic.

Speculation, it was a means not an end and their survival was at stake. You're staring at the tip of the iceburg and ignoring what's under water.

In the grand scheme of things it was the right thing to do. Without doing that they never would have gotten their Sunwell back.

I don't really buy it because of the High Elves could train themselves how come the so called Blood Elves couldn't. Sorry, I'm just confused here and find this backwards.

No more than the orcs did for drinking demon blood and the Blood elves, unlike the orcs, were able to stop it a LOT sooner and with far less damage done to the world and themselves. Unlike the High elves, the Blood elves worked to rebuild their homeland and they did it. While the High elves sat on their asses and did -nothing- to help.

Err except the Orcs weren't addicted to Fel. The High Elves and still train themselves not to be addicted to said source of magic.

I don't really buy it because of the High Elves could train themselves how come the so called Blood Elves couldn't. Sorry, I'm just confused here and find this backwards.

Well, for one, they'd don't overcome their addiction. Most of them died, and many turned wretched. The only ones who actually "cured" their addiction was the ones with plot armor.

Also there are far fewer numbers of High Elves. They're together in small groups so they can make more use of smaller magical sources and items to feed off of.

This may be speculation on my part but I think the High Elves also had to stay in very small groups unless they were in places like Dalaran. The Blood Elves sacrificed their souls for the sake of Quel'thalas while the High Elves sacrificed Quel'thalas for the sake of their souls.
Well, for one, they'd don't overcome their addiction. Most of them died, and many turned wretched. The only ones who actually "cured" their addiction was the ones with plot armor.

Also there are far fewer numbers of High Elves. They're together in small groups so they can make more use of smaller magical sources and items to feed off of.

I wasn't really referring to Veressa. Those at Quel lodge DID get turned into Wretched but not the rest of them that weren't there.

This may be speculation on my part but I think the High Elves also had to stay in very small groups unless they were in places like Dalaran. The Blood Elves sacrificed their souls for the sake of Quel'thalas while the High Elves sacrificed Quel'thalas for the sake of their souls.

Well I'm not saying give Quel'thalas to the Elves. It was merely a suggestion. I still believe High Elves should come to the Alliance.

I wasn't really referring to Veressa. Those at Quel lodge DID get turned into Wretched but not the rest of them that weren't there.

The ones at the lodge you're referring to were also a lot closer to the corruption, right in the middle of it actually. It's a wonder they lasted as long as they did.

The ones at the lodge you're referring to were also a lot closer to the corruption, right in the middle of it actually. It's a wonder they lasted as long as they did.

I'm aware of them being turned into Wretched(Almost said Worgen O_o). Which is why I clarified.

I'm aware of them being turned into Wretched(Almost said Worgen O_o). Which is why I clarified.

I know, I was just adding to it saying that the other lodges were in places like Hinterlands and Loch Modan where the plague hadn't screwed up the environment like it did the Wretched lodge. I was just saying that it might of had something to do with it.

Well I'm not saying give Quel'thalas to the Elves. It was merely a suggestion. I still believe High Elves should come to the Alliance.

Start naming High Elven lodges in the EK and I'll start naming the ones that are either dead, under attack or wretched. lol It's 90%(exaggeration) of them. The only High Elven survivors are in Kul'tiras, Stormwind, and Dalaran. The ones in Theremore are about to be "there a less".
High Elves and Blood Elves are both addicted to Arcane Magic. Blood Elves ,the majority, followed Kael'thas, who in was following the advice of Illiadan. Kael'thas' primary objective, before he turned, was to save his people because he thought they were dying. High Elves, the minority, couldn't stomach the idea or weren't even in Quel'thalas to begin with.

Or it could be the base of a neutral storyline in which the High Elves are granted Quel'thalas once more and the Blood Elves find their souls and are thus redeemed. The Alliance still gets High Elves and the Blood Elves still serve the Horde. This also sets up a believable lead in for some Blood Elves converting to Alliance which I think would have to happen to equalize the population of those serving the Horde and those for the Alliance.