Mages: This is what I do.

Warrior
I don't even know if this is right. It works really well for me.

First off survive until you can get a charge right after a mage blinks. Reck Bladestorm and add a CS if possible.
If they ice block shatter it and fear them right after.
If they don't.. Well the mage is pretty dumb.

This will give you the upper hand on the battle giving you another charge after the mage blinks again. This keeps your upper hand for a while giving you a good chance to beat the mage.

That is what I do and it works. Mages are easier to kill than rogues and blood dks for me lol.
Oh and do your typical spell reflect and defensive cds if needed but usually I have the good offensive hand so I don't need it.
So your advice is not to charge until the mage blinks. That's actually a great idea.

So...how do you force the mage to blink?
You forgot about heroic leap

That is of course if your on flat ground.... man that ability really grinds my gears.... after I shatter ice block if he didn't blink I just try to get imp hamstring off.
Yeah. I hate heroic leap. Not conceptually, or anything like that, it's certainly a neat ability. I hate it because it's unreliable and the addition ended up costing us a great deal.

Basically the arc went something like

"We have enough mobility, we don't need this ability."

Blizzard puts charge and intercept on shared CD.

"You do now! =D"
So your advice is not to charge until the mage blinks. That's actually a great idea.

imp hamstring and throwdown dork

imp hamstring and throwdown dork

Trinket, Cone of Cold. ROOTED. Your move.
Reflect deep, or bladestorm when you think the mage is about to deep.

Also OP you are missing many variables such as ring of frost and a second ice block. Good luck trying to reflect against a decent mage lolol.
I was not making a perfect guide lol at you people. I was just saying what I do to start. When a mage puts ring of frost I go into defensive stance and get read to pop either a defensive cd or spell reflect. The stuff in between what I left out is pretty much basic stuff. Know when to use your cds and stay on him.

depending on how far away I am I usually trinket the first deep freeze so I can make the mage blink.
05/08/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Hellstrike
A good mage wont blink until you charge. /endthread

Well then he will die without blinking if he fights me.
I try to open on mages on my mount, allowing me to be on them and still have my charge. I then use hamstring/rend and continue to wail away until of course they gain their distance using nova or pet's cd/cone of cold. I then charge in, use improved hamstring and wail away with deadly calm. If they don't blink they should be taking a solid amount of damage. Once they gain their distance again, which good mages will, I will heroic leap and then use throwdown/bladestorm with cds for solid damage. Most mages immediately iceblock and if you use shattering throw they will break it before your cast is over. I then fear and charge/chase them down.

This allows me to win sometimes, but I still end up losing to a lot of mages. On my frost mage you won't see a warrior kill me 1v1, it's incredibly easy to counter them.
05/09/2012 04:07 AMPosted by Çorrupted
A good mage wont blink until you charge. /endthread

Well then he will die without blinking if he fights me.

Sadly, no. He doesn't need to blink to keep you off his !@#. Ice armor, nova, pet nova, and CoC are more than enough.