Mount cast time

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Dear WoW devs:

Please get rid of the cast time for mounts and make them instant.

TERA has instant mounts and it works beautifully.

Thank you.

Signed:

A happy and grateful fan of WoW
No reason to make them instant.
05/10/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Bretherezen
Instant mounting is wonderful.

Waiting to mount so I can begin traveling fast is not wonderful.

That is plenty of reason for me.

Thank you for your input, however.
SWtoR has light sabers. Please give us light sabers!!!!
Idk why it matters. Just bc Tera has it?
05/10/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Bretherezen

No reason for mounts at all, is there?
05/10/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Bloodbliss
SWtoR has light sabers. Please give us light sabers!!!!

I have a Blade of Wizardry in my bag.
From Vanilla to WotLK, it took 3 seconds to mount then it become 1.5 seconds and now you want it 0.0 seconds?

Also: TERA has a couple things different that makes instant mounting work. Namely a much different combat system. WoW? Not so much.
I remember when the cast time for mounts was 3 seconds, and you had to be on land to mount, and going in the water for just a second dismounted you.
Tera has an E in its name please change warcraft to also have an E it would be so much better if it did....different game doesnt effect this one mounts have a cast time here no reason to change it because another game does it differently.
05/10/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Orengreen
I remember when the cast time for mounts was 3 seconds, and you had to be on land to mount, and going in the water for just a second dismounted you.
Me too.

I want to be able to mount instantly, however, since it is so much more wonderful then waiting to mount.

^_^;
05/10/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Sectualhealn
Idk why it matters. Just bc Tera has it?

WoW also has it, already, right now. STOP DRUID BIAS, INSTANT SWIFT FLIGHT FORM FOR EVERYONE!!
I would support this. Why not? Because druids want to feel special? If it works for them, it could work for everyone else.

However, whenever someone puts an idea out on the forums, most of the responses are very unhelpful and inane, like "there's no reason to" or "just because another game does it doesnt mean wow should".

There's no reason for mounts at all, so the whole "there's no reason" excuse falls short when we're talking about luxuries.
And the whole "other game" idea fails, because while another game doing it doesn't mean WoW should, it also doesn't mean WoW shouldn't.

I'm not dying over it, but I'm certainly not gonna go off on a rant about how it wouldn't work/shouldn't be implemented just because I like to argue on forums.
05/10/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Missanthrope
TERA has instant mounts and it works beautifully.

go back to playing your loli mmo plzzz
05/10/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Missanthrope
since it is so much more wonderful then waiting to mount.

When 1.5 seconds is to much time waiting around, you have a problem.
I wish it could be like that IRL with live mounts as well.

"Tired of spending 2-10 seconds just getting on your horse? Come to Jeff's horse mounting lessons! Within a month, you'll be able to fly onto your horse's back and begin riding immediately!"
since it is so much more wonderful then waiting to mount.

When 1.5 seconds is to much time waiting around, you have a problem.
Yes, I do have a problem - I am waiting to mount when I could be mounted instantly and already on my way to get where I want to go quicker.

Instant mounting is very wonderful.
yet another idea that only takes the OP into account and not how it would effect the rest of the game

can you not even begin to comprehend the numerous issues that would arise from such a change ?

sure you may see it as a minor inconvience to have to wait all of a couple of seconds to mount up

But what about say .. PvPers .. who rely on that slight dely to make it so people have to actually fight .. they cant just run away until they see a sure win

not to mention classes with an instant "out of combat" skill would immediatly have a huge advantage in pvp AND PvE ( imagine post Xpac first zone where every rogue or hunter can get to the next mob before you .. everytime)

think out your ideas before bothering to post them .. seriously .. theres alot more to it than just a minor annoyence
yet another idea that only takes the OP into account and not how it would effect the rest of the game

can you not even begin to comprehend the numerous issues that would arise from such a change ?

sure you may see it as a minor inconvience to have to wait all of a couple of seconds to mount up

But what about say .. PvPers .. who rely on that slight dely to make it so people have to actually fight .. they cant just run away until they see a sure win

not to mention classes with an instant "out of combat" skill would immediatly have a huge advantage in pvp AND PvE ( imagine post Xpac first zone where every rogue or hunter can get to the next mob before you .. everytime)

think out your ideas before bothering to post them .. seriously .. theres alot more to it than just a minor annoyence

Oh yeah, an instant mount would break the game.
coughdruidflightformcough
05/10/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Denegroth
what about say .. PvPers
What about them?

You cant mount in combat, and if you are not in combat, you are not PvPing.

Are Druids not allowed to PvP or something?

To which I say back to you:

05/10/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Denegroth
think out your ideas before bothering to post them .. seriously