Melee Caster Class?!

General Discussion
I want a melee caster class that uses Ninjutsu. Like have a melee attack but have it have a cast bar. Like Rasengan and stuff like that.

"But what if your target moves in the middle of the cast? You just dont hit it?"
No, you lunge at that !@#$% with some melee sprint action!!

-Sincerely, Rogue
I've played other games with classes like this

they sucked
I've played other games with classes like this

they sucked

Then they did it badly.
So Monks with a variation of the Warrior's Slam?
It's called Slam

It stunk so badly, Blizzard buffed it to cast while moving.
05/12/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Adelaide
A class like that would suck against ranged, or well, anyone that can just walk away from your cast.

did you even read the entire post? A lunge would fix that.
Like Rasengan

Oh please no.
05/12/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Onmitsukido
A class like that would suck against ranged, or well, anyone that can just walk away from your cast.

did you even read the entire post? A lunge would fix that.

Then they would have too much mobility, if they got a lunge tied to every single spell cast.

But overall, casters get a long range but can't cast most of their spells while moving. Melee has close range but can keep hitting the boss while moving. Melee casters would literally be taking the worst of both worlds.
make a fire mage
stand in melee, spam scorch and dragon's breath
everybody wins
since the title is asking for a melee caster class....have you met enhancement shamans?
I am imagining those rock flayers from Stonecore when they flurry. I take a step back & your dude is going all out on the empty air in front of him, lol.

If you have a lunge though, it would have to have a cooldown, or else it would be an OP gap closer. So I could step back, you lunge, then I step back again & you'd be stuck casting your punch while I hit you from a distance.
05/12/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Jacè
since the title is asking for a melee caster class....have you met enhancement shamans?

Exactly and that is how any other casting melee would have to work. Melee have to do a bit more moving than ranged in most encounters so they have to use cool downs instead of cast times.

Also...

If you have a lunge though, it would have to have a cooldown, or else it would be an OP gap closer. So I could step back, you lunge, then I step back again & you'd be stuck casting your punch while I hit you from a distance.

This would happen.