Doesnt anyone get it?

General Discussion
1 2 3 21 Next
This expansion and all hereafter will not be nearly as fun and entertaining so long as there is a little thing called "Dungeon finder" In game.

This has single handily ruined all sense of community within the game. Every time I log in I do the following:

1. Que for a heroic
2. Que pops
3. I do the heroic in less than 30 mins with little to no communication
4. I log out

I dont talk to my guild, they dont talk to me, why is this? Why do we need to talk? what CANT you do by yourself anymore? Is there anything?

I get it, you have a life you can't spend all your time looking for a group just so it fails half way through and you have to do it all over again.

Was it really that bad? The game was fine 6 years without dungeon finder why is it such a necessity now?
I agree with you completely.

Blizzard figured they could make more money by allowing casuals with little free time to play for just a little while and still find groups. Now they're trying to balance the amount of casual players buying the game, with the amount of dedicated players leaving.
or at least I think they're trying to balance it.
Its true, but it will never change. Like the world now, everything is fast paced.
Yeah spamming trade chat for hours was sure fun.
The tool itself isn't the problem, it's the barrel of rabid monkeys who don't know how to use it responsibly that are.

They are regrettably loud, even in their minority.
05/12/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Cerx

Hours? More like one hour?
05/12/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Breadisfunny
wrong dungeon finder is the best thing to happen to wow.

Explain.
05/12/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Dedria
I dont talk to my guild, they dont talk to me, why is this? Why do we need to talk? what CANT you do by yourself anymore? Is there anything?

That's your fault. See who's online and if they want to run with you before you do LFD all by your lonesome.

Hours? More like one hour?

Some people feel doing that for one hour before they can even start playing is a tad ridiculous.
Ehhh? If your guild never talks to each other, that's your problem. My guild chats about all kinds of things, all the time. And I've had some pretty entertaining conversations in random dungeons.

Spamming 'LFM for Heroics' in /trade for an hour is not legitimate conversation, nor does it foster a sense of community. It just means it takes longer to find people that are just as likely to be awful and/or completely silent as LFD.
Yes, it has ruined the community.

But there are pros and cons. Getting a pug together for a 5-man used to be hair-pullingly frustrating, particularly for the low level dungeons. Nowadays it's easy-peasy. But the trade-off is that the server communities ceased to be important.

Personally, I think the only way to go these days is guild, guild, guild. It's the only way. Now, if only they'd get rid of those damnable guild perks. Personally, I think they've ruined guilds. People join for the perks these days, rather than for social/grouping reasons. I'm glad I found a fun, active guild, but they're rare as hen's teeth these days.
05/12/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Cerx

stop exaggerating. hours? really? were you playing on the lowest population server in the game?
it obviously wasn't a big deal if you still continued to play the game.
"Sitting in capital waiting for que" = bad

"Sitting in capital spamming LF2M, need tank and healz then g2g" = good community

Don't think so
That's your fault. See who's online and if they want to run with you before you do LFD all by your lonesome.

It's My fault that my guild has no reason to run with me, a new recruit? I have asked countless times, in different guilds who wants to que for a dungeon. Why would they? they can do it anytime they want and enjoy there brain dead run.
I hear that content exists outside LFR and LFD.

Confirm/Deny?
05/12/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Breadisfunny
dungeon finder has bought life back into dead servers and enabled them to do 5 man content.

dungeon finder was a terrible idea. instead of the more practical solution which would have been merging low pop servers.
05/12/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Dedria
This expansion and all hereafter will not be nearly as fun and entertaining so long as there is a little thing called "Dungeon finder" In game.

I remember the good old Vanilla days. Sitting in Ironforge, spamming world chat looking for 9 more people to run the dungeon with you. 30mins passed, group not full.. an hour passed, oh look, I finally got a decent group.. oh damn two of my DPS are AFK.... 15mins later u get a non afk group.. nice.. lets roll!... you take an 5min flight path to Plaguelands.. land.. 5min mount ride to your dungeon, arrive.. open the door, get inside...

"where is everybody else"
"oh hey im sorry I was doing something can you summon?"
"um.. we have no warlock"
"oh darn ok ill be on my way"
*15mins later*
"u almost here?"
"yeah I just went to the bathroom while flight path and got some food im running now"

oh yeah.. Blizzard totally destroyed WoW with dungeon finder, I wish we can all go back to that ^... life was so much more boring yet better... or something

Confirm/Deny?

Sure, Daily quests. Soloable.

Confirm/Deny?

uh, yea. I'm gunna go ahead and deny that.
I remember the good old Vanilla days. Sitting in Ironforge, spamming world chat looking for 9 more people to run the dungeon with you. 30mins passed, group not full.. an hour passed, oh look, I finally got a decent group.. oh damn two of my DPS are AFK.... 15mins later u get a non afk group.. nice.. lets roll!... you take an 5min flight path to Plaguelands.. land.. 5min mount ride to your dungeon, arrive.. open the door, get inside...

"where is everybody else"
"oh hey im sorry I was doing something can you summon?"
"um.. we have no warlock"
"oh darn ok ill be on my way"
*15mins later*
"u almost here?"
"yeah I just went to the bathroom while flight path and got some food im running now"

oh yeah.. Blizzard totally destroyed WoW with dungeon finder, I wish we can all go back to that ^... life was so much more boring yet better... or something

This isn't vannila anymore, 10 million people play this game, not half a million. Also groups are 5 mans, not 10.