Gaming Build!

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Hey everyone,I currently use a mac book pro to play WoW. After close to a year of playing in low/fair settings, I have decided that it's time for an upgrade. However, having never bought/built a desktop computer before so I don know where to start. My price range is anywhere from $400-$700. If I could get some feedback on which parts to buy or just a pre-built computer, that would be great! I am hoping for something that can run wow in Ultra or high, but I understand if there is not a build that can do that with my price range. Thanks!

Also, I already have monitor, mouse, and keyboard, so do not count those to the price.
I think I am looking for more of a pre-built system, since this will be my first desktop. I was curios to know which of these computers will run wow the best:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229296

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229285

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227367

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229310

If you could also include what setting and fps you predict each one will run at that would be greatly appreciated.
None of these will run WoW well. The custom build I have in my guide would utterly destroy all these PCs for the similar price.

That said, if you had to go with a premade, the best bet is to take the i3-2120 iBuyPowerPC, then buy and install Radeon HD 7750 graphics card. This would be the best choice. That would let you play WoW @ ultra settings (shadows high) with good FPS.
How is this? I set it up using your guide.

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Submit=view

Also, how much fps do you think I would get running all settings in high? In ultra?
Just realized you will not be able to see that...here is a list of the parts.

DVD Burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Case: HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition ATX Mid Tower Computer Chassis Gaming Case w/ Front Blue LED 120mm Fan & Top 120mm Fan

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Power Supply: SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC

RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Motherboard: ASRock H61M/U3S3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX

Processor: Intel Celeron G530 Sandy Bridge 2.4GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor
I would get a weaker graphics card, then get a stronger CPU.

IE) GTX 560 / HD 6870, then upgrade CPU to i3-2120.

DDR3-1600 is not really supported on H61 motherboards. You may be able to save few bucks going with a DDR3-1333 RAM. It does not hurt to keep DDR3-1600 however.

You need a stronger power supply. The 300W is ONLY for Radeon 7750 graphics card. You need a 500W power supply like PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 500W.

You also need a copy of Windows 7 if you do not have a copy of OS.
Fixed everything but video card. The one you Radeon 6870 was not available on newegg :(
Do you have any other options?
Radeon 6870 is available in a large quantity. Are you sure:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006519%2040000048&IsNodeId=1&Description=hd%206870&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20
How does this look?

DVD Burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Case: HEC Blitz Black Steel Edition ATX Mid Tower Computer Chassis Gaming Case w/ Front Blue LED 120mm Fan & Top 120mm Fan

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: HIS H687FN1GD Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP

Power Supply:PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 500W

RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Motherboard: ASRock H61M/U3S3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX

Processor: Intel Core i3-2120 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics
HyperX Blu RAM is 1.65v operating voltage. I'd go for ones that have 1.5v for maximum stability, especially on an H61 motherboard.

Otherwise, looks good.
Thanks you so much for your help!
Just curios, what kind of FPS do you think I would get running WoW on high? and Ultra?
Ultra (shadows high), comfortably high FPS
Ok thank you very much for all your time and advice
Hey, I ordered all the parts and they arrived. I have gotten to the point where I am securing the motherboard to the chassis. It seems that the raised parts of the case where it seems the screws are supposed to go in, do not line up with the indicated holes on the motherboard.
Do you have any idea why this may be?
Hmm, it looks like that case has some sort of "screwless assmembly" thing going on... I can't really figure it out from the picture, though. Most cases have little metal "standoffs" that screw into the holes that match the board and then the board screws to those. If it has the proper threaded holes for Micro-ATX, I'd probably just buy some regular standoffs/screws and then smash those raised metal things flat, TBH...

Failing that, you might just have to figure out HEC's silly mounting system, or send it back and get a different case. I usually try to defeat and bypass proprietary stuff like that, but sometimes it's impossible and sometimes it's worth it to figure out the system and use it.

Prolly have to wait for someone who has that case to explain the system.
I'd also google around for a solution -- this is actually a first time someone told me the case is having a trouble with a microATX motherboard.
Fixed it, turns out I was just not placing it correctly. Now there is a new problem though...
I set up everything in the computer and I have it running fine. But when I try and run wow, I am barely managing 30 fps "fair" settings. Do you think that there could be something wrong with the way that I set it up? Or maybe a faulty part?
Have you downloaded latest drivers from manufacturer websites, rather than from drivers?
No...do you think that could be the problem? Also, Internet applications like Netflix, YouTube, etc. are working fine.