Protection pally losing buffs

Paladin
for a while now my protection paladins have been losing some or all of their buffs in pvp & dungeons. it is random but seems to occur most often when I am fighting melee fighters (warriors, dks, etc) and also when my health gets really low. It has also happened after I have left dungeons or battlegrounds. I had the buffs before leaving but when I am back in Stormwind or wherever, I no longer have the buffs.

I know I lose other players buffs when I leave a dungeon. But I sometimes lose my own buffs after leaving a dungeon. And I never used to lose buffs in pvp and my other players (hunter & rogue) do not lose their buffs unless they die.

this issue along with a number of others all started around the same time, which was straight after an update.

I have posted bug reports about it but nobody seems to be able to shed any light on it and they suggested I try here in the paladin section.

I do not believe I am being dispelled.
You should make a poweraura specifically for Kings and Might. Have it alert you whenever you lose them. That way you can narrow down when/how exactly you are losing your buffs.

In PVP you are most likely being dispelled. A wide range of classes can dispel us:

Priest
Mage
Hunter
Shaman
Warlock
(prot) Warrior

Remember Kings is overwritten by Mark of the Wild so that's why you lose it if there's a druid in your party.
Also, when you lose "your" buffs, are you sure they're yours? If you cast Kings and someone else in your group casts Kings, their Kings will overwrite yours, and when you leave the dungeon/battleground Kings will fade because it wasn't your Kings.
05/16/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Keten
Also, when you lose "your" buffs, are you sure they're yours? If you cast Kings and someone else in your group casts Kings, their Kings will overwrite yours, and when you leave the dungeon/battleground Kings will fade because it wasn't your Kings.

This. I use powerauras and i have NEVER had MY buffs fall off after a dungeon.
thanks for your responses :)

I have no idea what a power aura is. Could you please elaborate on that?

re: am I sure the buffs I am losing are mine. Yes I am certain I am losing my buffs as well. I have been in a number of bgs where I was the only alliance paladin and I use Blessing of might. Nobody else could use that on our team and it goes.

I have lost buffs when fighting dks and paladins and no other players were around except of a mage who was some distance off and did not appear in my combat log.
Powerauras is an addon that tracks:
buffs
debuffs
cds
abilities
timers
targeting
in fact just about everything.

It is extremely customizable and one of the most powerful addons you could install. That said it is known to take some time to configure.

I have used it to make warnings for when i had bad debuffs, to track cds, track when abilities are ready, make dot timers, make cd timers, to make rotation helpers, and to replace several other addons i did not need.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/powerauras-classic
Keep a log and then you can see exactly where your buff faded.