Hatred toward retadins? (DPS advice)

Paladin
I know for a fact I'm not the only one to notice the HUGE retadin nerf with powers of light or whatever. I mean, I don't want to complain, but my DPS is complete crap. I know I'm not geared right or maybe even not specced right, but back in BC when a paladin's gear was equivalent to mine they'd be dropping mobs left and right. Is there any recommendations anyone could throw me? Btw i know my current weapon is crap but I'm working on getting another, they just never drop.
You still have a 333 blue weapon...

Replace it with something-- anything better, and I guarantee you you'll do a lot more damage.

Replace it with something-- anything better, and I guarantee you you'll do a lot more damage.

I've been doing Hour of Twilight non-stop and I can't get a replacement.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441833

You have quite a few problems, read that and follow it. Then you can ask specific questions if you're still having trouble.
You glasses are awfully rosy. Back in BC if you had gear like that (ie; a random mix of 100/115 blues, 125 epics, and a quest-level blue weapon), everyone would be laughing at you for being ret, and you'd stand around autoattacking for 7 out of 10 seconds not really killing anything. That gear wouldn't get you into BC non-heroics and you're trying to do ZA.

You have random agility, caster, and tanking gear. If you're using them to pad your item level, you don't actually need to wear it to use it to queue for things.
05/16/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Hâvoc
gear was equivalent to mine they'd be dropping mobs left and right.

No they wouldn't.

But, humoring you basically what you're saying is "Blizzard why is it that my damage sucks when I don't gear, spec, enchant (and therefore probably don't use the proper priority system)...? I mean come on, it was that way before so bring it back please. Kthxbai."

Also, nice glyphs.

Get it? It's a joke. Because you have none.

05/16/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Astaeri

The guy may be flailing at the class, but at least have some reading comprehension please...
Please read up a bit before assuming it's the big bad Blizz behind your dps woes. There are many times in the past you would've been right, fortunately, this is not one of them. Ret is very strong this tier, arguably stronger than its been all expac and is very competitive with other classes.

A couple specific points:
-Let's get the big one out of the way first, you have no glyphs. These were not implemented as a fun little bonus feature, they are integral to your DPS. Glyph of TV, SoT and Exo, buy them, learn them, love them.

-Second, you aren't really meeting your baseline caps atm. You are way over on hit (you want 8%), and a bit under on expertise (you want 16 before glyph). I realize you're in the high turnover period for gear, but forging for these will make a big difference. On the subject of forging, skewing towards mastery after meeting your caps will also go a long way.

-Finally, you are missing a lot of enchants and a few gems. Also the gems you do have are pretty much all wrong. For your meta you want the strength and crit (reverberating I believe). You should pretty much exclusively be using Str gems and ignoring socket bonuses. The only time you meet a socket bonus is if the bonus is the same or more Str than you're losing by meeting it. For example, you lose 20 str going from a 40 str gem to a 20 str/20 mastery gem for a 20 str socket bonus. You lose no str and the 20 mastery is free lunch.

Again, high gear turnover, I understand. But just realize that this is also a massive hole in your damage before you go off blaming Blizz for not letting you do high damage with no care taken for your gear.

On a side note, your talent tree is pretty close to spot on, so no worries there.
Yeah, your gemming and lack of it along with your gear is scary bad. Also, what's up with 10% hit? It's like you have no clue what you are doing
05/16/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Bubblenrun
The guy may be flailing at the class, but at least have some reading comprehension please...

I'll admit, I just jumped to his weapon to see how bad it was. I expected at least a 359 weapon.

When I look at his overall character... I'll be surprised if he isn't trolling. I mean, nobody can be this bad. Right?
05/17/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Astaeri

I'll admit, I just jumped to his weapon to see how bad it was. I expected at least a 359 weapon.

When I look at his overall character... I'll be surprised if he isn't trolling. I mean, nobody can be this bad. Right?

I've met a dk once using a purple two hander with mostly agility stats... I only knew this because he was showing it off to me.
5/10

On the DK topic, weapon damage is very big for DKs, a higher-damage agi weapon can be better than a lower-damage str weapon. In fact some of the WOL top ten parses for Frost DKs have them wielding No'Kaled.