Enough with Raid Finder

General Discussion
I think that raid finder should be gone completely. ya it helps lower geared players but it also ruins the fun and excitement of completing the raid the normal way. So rather than being challenged on every fight normally and finally seeing what lays ahead when you beat a boss, you breeze through the raid finder like its nothing and see the whole raid so its not that exciting. I like the idea of the large gear gap between heroic dungeons and the first raid. Makes it a challenge and not too easy. Which is what blizz is making this game less and less of. Raid finder is a good thought. But at the same time a terrible idea.

The idea of progression has changed so dramatically. Progression used to be making your way through the raid just to beat it because it was that challenging. NOW its progression through getting gear from raid finder. Progression through getting through the raid normally with no problem because the RF gear makes it so easy. THEN do heroic raids. Anyone see a problem here? So much repetition of raiding the same thing that it gets boring and stale so fast. I know that RF wont be gone but it has ruined the idea of raiding for me.
LFR is completely optional. Just wanted to remind you.
It's a good idea if it were implemented well.

Sadly it wasn't.
05/20/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Martouff

Right, no one is telling you to do LFR, if you dont want to know what's up ahead till you finish normal don't go.
05/20/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Hukgrave
ya it helps lower geared players

No it does not, lol.

Edit: After 70 boss kills I have had 3 drops, so that kinda blows.
05/20/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Arhagon

Right, no one is telling you to do LFR, if you dont want to know what's up ahead till you finish normal don't go.

that doesnt go to show for the rest of the raid. theyll be in RF gear, id be in lower gear so theyd be carrying me, which isnt what i want at all.
I'm sure they'll get right on that.
it adds a stepping stone in gearing that creates a higher standard for doing the normal raid, which means some times, you gotta do it.

but what do i know!

i am but a wee pvper lost in your sea of pve...
05/20/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Hukgrave
that doesnt go to show for the rest of the raid. theyll be in RF gear, id be in lower gear so theyd be carrying me, which isnt what i want at all.

Find a new guild?

Our guild has never done an LFR. LFR gear is in no way required to kill normal mode bosses. If your guild requires LFR gear, or requires your attendance in the LFR runs on a weekly basis even though you don't want to go, it doesn't sound like an ideal situation for you.
05/20/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Hukgrave
I think that raid finder should be gone completely. ya it helps lower geared players but it also ruins the fun and excitement of completing the raid the normal way.

...what's stopping you from not running LFR yourself?

Does your guild want to do it to help boost gear? Fine... you could just bow-out of the LFR run for that very reason.

Not hard really...
Honestly, I think either remove the final boss from LFR or add a extra phase of the fight in normal/herioc rather than making it same fight more damage.
I've done both and i enjoyed both.

LFR was fun where I could get the whole story in one evening and actually enjoy it rather than being sick of the experience by the time I finished.

Beating raids the real way gives me a sense of accomplishment of downing difficult content.

By seeing the story content quickly--true, i haven't "earned" it, but in many cases that might actually be impossible--I can focus on doing what I want in the game that is actually fun.
Or itd be satisfying if they took out tier gear in LFR.
05/20/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Martouff

Exactly. I didn't set foot in LFR even on alts until my main had beaten Deathwing on normal, and that victory was all the sweeter for it.
05/20/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Bloodbliss
ya it helps lower geared players

No it does not, lol.

Edit: After 70 boss kills I have had 3 drops, so that kinda blows.

RNG is a pain. Some alts, I have no luck with drops on. Then last night, took my rarely played boomkin to rage finder, second time I'd been there on her I think, and I got five pieces of upgrade gear just off of Wormrest Temple half of the raid. So ridiculous. I'm just glad the rest of the raid didn't complain.
05/20/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Pinkslip
Or itd be satisfying if they took out tier gear in LFR.

Why? It does not concern you.

Plus, for someone who is !@#$%ing about progression, it looks like you skipped over FL. Why am I not surprised?

sorry if i took a break lol. this is just my opinion hah. dont get your panties up in a bunch.
05/20/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Sharkon

Exactly. I didn't set foot in LFR even on alts until my main had beaten Deathwing on normal, and that victory was all the sweeter for it.

ya that was my mistake by doing it cause it was something new. Thats what ill be doing in MoP lol. sweeeeet sweeeeet sweeet victorryyyy!
So it seems that you want to be heard because you would like it that way. Unfortunatly many people will not. I for one think LFR has things that need fixing but I would not want it removed. Especially now that my server is more than dead. I honestly have nothing to do but play this as if I was playing a final fantacy game.