Thinking of Beta...

Paladin
Alrighty, I don't have a beta account but I had an idea that my guild liked so I thought I'd post it here. The big hub bub on the forums is that we feel we need a gap closer in pvp. What about something unique about paladins that no one else has? We Judge. What if, when we judge seal of Justice a scale appears above the targets head. By scale, I mean the ones lady justice holds in her hands btw.

I'm player A. I judge Player B. Player B was running forwards and strafing right when I judged. The scales now tip right above B. B will start to run in a 10 yard circle unless they start to turn left. When B gets back to what would be a straight line from when judge was cast, then it switches sides to the scales tipping left. This effect lasts for a short duration. Makes Judge when seal of justice have a longer then normal cooldown. Or make it it's own spell. All I know is normal judgement cooldown is too low.

I know these types of threads aren't liked by the community... Or at least I know I don't usually like them. But as the saying goes in fps games, the worst shot is the one you don't take. Thanks for reading and salutations.

Edit: And in case anyone asks " What if B wasn't strafing right when I judged?" Then it picks a direction for the scales to tip at random.

Edit 2 : When the scales make the person run in a direction, to cancel it you need to turn in the opposite direction. Think the boss in firelands that you need to steer.
How do you see it as a penalty? Like I said, if it needs be, make it it's own ability. I just think that it screws with people too much to put it on judgements short cd.

But by all means, be helpful and post what you don't like about it.
how does having a short cooldown on judgement screw with people? It needs an even shorter one IMO.... I havent played the MoP Beta but Judging gives you Holy Power so youd want to judge as much as possible. It also puts a movement slowing effect on the target if you take that talent and it also makes you run faster if you take that talent as well..... whats not to like? and why would you want it on a longer cooldown? I dont understand your logic at all.
Speed of light and burden of guilt, effectively a sprint and 30 yd hamstring, only downside is you get no repentance or fist of justice but I'm not a fan of those.

If you don't want another CD from speed of light You can always go long arm of the law that's a 50% uptime 45% increase, mix it up with burden and you can get to targets really fast.

I personally don't feel pallies need a gap closer like Grip, charge or ShS.
The base cooldown on judgement in the beta is currently 6 seconds anyway, so it's a more frequently used spell than it is now, along with the extra effects it gains through talents and specs, and it being reduced by haste for all specs.

Regarding the initial post, this kind of effect seems really strange and honestly without reading it over a few times I couldn't quite comprehend what it actually does, and seeing how most new players may find the game itself rather confusing with abilities they have to think about using, this is probably just making that worse.

If making people go in the opposite direction they are currently moving is the intent of it, then in most cases you would just be shooting yourself in foot by using this if say someone was running towards you, the only fantastic thing about this would be the double sided effect of repelling people away or pulling them in your direction, which would change upon the situation, but the fact that it is not influenced by the player judging and more by the player being judged, it just seems like a random and not always useful ability.

A reliable ability is what is needed by Paladins if they truly need a gap closer like other melee classes, not something random or easily counter-able which isn't fun at all.
The base cooldown on judgement in the beta is currently 6 seconds anyway, so it's a more frequently used spell than it is now, along with the extra effects it gains through talents and specs, and it being reduced by haste for all specs.

Regarding the initial post, this kind of effect seems really strange and honestly without reading it over a few times I couldn't quite comprehend what it actually does, and seeing how most new players may find the game itself rather confusing with abilities they have to think about using, this is probably just making that worse.

If making people go in the opposite direction they are currently moving is the intent of it, then in most cases you would just be shooting yourself in foot by using this if say someone was running towards you, the only fantastic thing about this would be the double sided effect of repelling people away or pulling them in your direction, which would change upon the situation, but the fact that it is not influenced by the player judging and more by the player being judged, it just seems like a random and not always useful ability.

A reliable ability is what is needed by Paladins if they truly need a gap closer like other melee classes, not something random or easily counter-able which isn't fun at all.

Thank goodness someone understood what I was trying to say. I admit, it is gimicky. I was just trying to think of something unique to paladins. Who wants a charge or deathgrip with paladin icing on it? I agree the way I describe things is overly confusing. And while the ability may not have been practical or useful in every situation, I felt it would at least make the recipient possibly screw up some. If you got it applied to yourself, you'd have to devote some attention to it, possibly making you slip up in another area.

Anyways, thank you for being able to understand what I was going for Carina. IT was easy to explain over vent, but hard to put into writing.
our judgement in beta has a 50% ranged slow dont need this overly complicated system that would not work well in the judgers favor in the first place.

Edit - and we have both a 75% speed buff on a 1 minute cd or a 45% increase to our speed when we judge on top of the 50% slow effect.

dont know what more you want.