can you transmog heirlooms?

General Discussion
i wanted 'the element' set for my shaman...but i just noticed that all of those pieces can be bought for heirloom gear with the same design...if i bought all the heirlooms would i be able to transmog them onto my gear?
I believe heirlooms can be transmogged to and from, however, the gold charge per piece is very high.
Yes. As long as you can equip both items, you can transmog it.
like how high? why would the gold charge be so much?
05/27/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Cerylidae
I believe heirlooms can be transmogged to and from, however, the gold charge per piece is very high.

Transmogging the head piece is around 350ish gold, from memory. Chest/weapons/shoulders are all as cheap as any normal piece.
05/27/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Lucifaz

The cost is based on the vendor price of the item. The Heirloom helm costs about 300g or so to transmog, but I'm not sure if that is the cost of transmogging into it as well.
i guess the only two i need that is not an heirloom is the kilt $ gloves for the set...and since it's no longer in game i'm guessing i'd have to get replicas from darkmoon faire? i've never been there...how long would it take to get enough prize ticketss?
yes heirlooms can be transmogged I have the Lightforged red set for my ret set blue for my tank set.
Yes, you can mog heirlooms. However, mailing heirlooms will wipe the mog off of them.
05/27/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Lucifaz
if i bought all the heirlooms would i be able to transmog them onto my gear?
Yup. You can change any slot you have into an heirloom.

05/27/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Sharkon
Yes, you can mog heirlooms. However, mailing heirlooms will wipe the mog off of them.
Not entirely.

Apparently, you can transmog BoAs into quest rewards and have them retain their look. I think you have to hold onto the quest reward, though, as I did this with a char that I deleted and the transmog was taken off even though it was on another char already.

05/27/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Lucifaz
Transmogging and reforging bases their prices off of the items sell price. The BoAs purchased from a guild vendor have a very high sell price and thus have a large transmog price.
The looms can be transmogged? I tried before, but it never works unless I'm doing something wrong.
Not entirely.

Apparently, you can transmog BoAs into quest rewards and have them retain their look. I think you have to hold onto the quest reward, though, as I did this with a char that I deleted and the transmog was taken off even though it was on another char already.

No, all heirloom mogs are meant to be wiped when mailed. If the appearance was not wiped, it was a bug.
(Item not found)
This thread has been dead for 13 months.
The boa's are xmogable. the costs to do so is hundreds of gold though. Transmog costs are equal to the vendor sell price of the item. Since the boa's will vendor for hundreds of gold xmogging them is not cheap.

Keep in mind also that if you transmog a boa on a character then mail it to another character the xmog is stripped off.

Yes. As long as you can equip both items, you can transmog it.

You forgot the fine print of armor type must match armor type to xmog. And gear must have at least one of the base stats to xmog as well.
07/02/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Traleda
This thread has been dead for 13 months.

I just Googled the topic and read the thread for the first time. I guess it's alive again!
Nice to see relevant info still out there. Was just wondering this morning about changing my look. Saved me lots of gold knowing appearance would wipe on mailing.
09/28/2016 12:34 AMPosted by Hellary
Nice to see relevant info still out there. Was just wondering this morning about changing my look. Saved me lots of gold knowing appearance would wipe on mailing.
I was wondering about this subjest just this morning for the first time ever and was happy to get this info. Lot's of info is timeless! Thanks all.