Last Day on Azeroth

General Discussion
Day 1971

It's almost over. My death has been a slow, tortuous process over months, but now I've only hours left. To anyone who finds my journal and recovers its scattered pages and entries, I hope you'll forgive what seems to be the ramblings of a lunatic. None of it is delirious or without intent, I assure you; it's just... there's always been too much to tell, and too little time to tell it.

We all have our own grand tales, us Heroes of Azeroth. Mine are of course no greater than anyone else's, yet they are mine, and as we each accumulate our own experiences, we treasure those individually. Especially now, as the world of Azeroth has changed more than any could have foreseen, the more change we witness the more we endear to past adventures that cannot be recaptured. It is simply the way of things, neither right nor wrong, it just is.

The journey has been long and arduous, but I've no regrets, only extraordinary experiences with long-lost comrades which I'll carry with me into the unknown realms beyond Azeroth.

To the countless Heroes I leave behind, I wish you nothing but the grandest adventures. And to my friends, I am sorry... even I could battle the darkness for only so long. I shall miss this world and its epic adventures, but they are in the past, and Azeroth moves forward in a new direction without me, leaving me -- and others like me -- behind.

Of all the worlds I have encountered in all my travels, the soul of this one was, at one time, the most... human.

Bards from a distant land captured all this better than I ever could, so I will end my 5-year journal here.

And all this could be
Just a dream so it seems
I was never much good at goodbye

Goodbye
Farewell Kylereese and best of luck to you in the future.

/salute

♥ Aune

Wonderfully written :)

/salute

♥ Aune

i agree

♥ lavinnelly

/salute

♥ Aune

i agree

♥ lavinnelly

Quite.

♥ Ripley

Of all the worlds I have encountered in all my travels, the soul of this one was, at one time, the most... human.

I usually ignore "Goodbye" threads, but I dig the line from Wrath of Khan you threw in there. Happy trails.
No fair only the people that post the poorly written goodbye threads should be allowed to leave.

I'm going to life grip him. You guys each grab and arm and we'll pull him back in.
/tear

Beautifully written. So long and enjoy life :)
May you go your with a bang and not a wimper, godspeed.

/bow
Veiled expansion QQ.
May your feet fall upon new roads untraveled and life present you with new adventures, whatever and wherever they may be, good luck in lifes journey's:)

i agree

♥ lavinnelly

Quite.

♥ Ripley

I concur.

♥ Billd

Quite.

♥ Ripley

I concur.

♥ Billd

I am really ♥'ing all the ♥ in here ^.^

You will most definitely be missed OP. Your writing is awesome and you bring ♥ to the forums.

♥ Aune
That is a very well-written and dignified exit. As a fellow hero of Azeroth, I am proud of you.

Farewell and may your WoW-less life be filled with success and more adventures to come.

I concur.

♥ Billd

I am really ♥'ing all the ♥ in here ^.^

You will most definitely be missed OP. Your writing is awesome and you bring ♥ to the forums.

♥ Aune

You should see my dru....I mean yea he is bringing love here.

/hugs OP
/salute

♥ Titan
See you in MOP. You'll be back.
How about you take off your dress and let's end this tea party. We do not need pansies in WoW. Go shed your tears alone in your parents basement.
A noble farewell from an even nobler warrior...

I leave you with these words that aren't mine, but convey their meaning better than this soul ever could.

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay...forever young

Peace.