Delaying Raiding in MoP

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 10 11 12
Quoted my post, but didn't read it.
GG!

I read it champ. But I don't need a babysitter for WoW since I'm an adult. Let mommy tell you when it's time to go to bed and to eat your vegetables or no desert. Or maybe, you can learn to manage your own time and life.

Alcohol is addictive, way more addictive and dangerous than video games. Lots of people drink alcohol and do just fine without someone telling them when to stop. Just because some folks don't know when to stop doesn't mean every bar should impose a 2 drink maximum on every patron.

Rather than gate content so people don't raid before you, they might as well just give everyone 3 hours of playtime a day and then you can't login anymore. Because, that would more adequately address your point. The OP's post isn't about people playing too much, it's about people prioritizing leveling and raiding and not doing other things.

GG!

Your post got read. You tried to use addiction to lobby for a personal agenda, and you brought up 2 sides of the same issue but only suggested professional help for the side you aren't part of.

It was a pretty arrogant and foolish post, really.
06/28/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Poena
a couple people who rush to max level and want to raid... causing a chasm in the guild and unnecessary drama.

this i feel is the crux of your argument, so i'll address it like others have. if your guild fractures and good people leave because you can't raid right away due to personnel not all hitting max and raid ready as fast as a select few people it absolutely is a leader management issue.

as one of the people in my previous guild (raided with them from t10 to mid t13) i rushed to max level along with around 2-3 others in my guild and we simply found some others from other guilds who had done the same to group up and attempt content and then WENT BACK TO OUR OWN GUILDS BECAUSE OUR LOYALTY WAS TO THEM. if you have loyal players, they will have no problem coming back when everyone is ready and the content clearing will be better for it because they will be more experienced.
06/29/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Poena
Why did Cata make it worse than any other expansion? No gating and 10mans. So yes, the problems I describe are people problems... but they are problems Blizzard created with WoW 4.0.

Gating has never existed with the entry tier other than some simple attunements. Kara's was somewhat lengthy (five instances total needed and quests in four different zones) but could be done in an single afternoon or evening by anyone with either a helpful guild or a decently populated friends list.

The availability of ten mans did contribute to the guild attrition and implosion we saw with Cata release but that's a whole different thread than this one here.
Firestyle wrote:

blah blah blah

blah blah

blah blah

GG!

Hypocrisy at its finest.

DON'T GATE ME BRO. No reason for a gating system to prevent people who want to spend their time leveling and raiding to do so. I know a lot of people who wouldn't touch all of the other things the OP mentioned unless we literally had nothing else to do. As would happen if there was gating. And they wouldn't do it very much. They would dabble, have minor fun, and then leave it alone. Likely stop playing once they get all the gear from heroics they can.

The only thing gating does is make hardcore raiders feel unwelcome to the start of the expansion. It's kind of rude, to be honest. Would you gate arena/RBGs in the same way? No access until raid content is also available? That would allow better gear and plenty of people would do that with their time instead of raiding if you wouldn't gate the PvP.

P.S.

06/06/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Judgeharm
c) it would remove the weird progression curve from the 1st tier. With cata as soon as your raid hit the critical amount of gear all of a sudden nothing was really a numbers challenge as the raids had to allow for certain quest blues in the raid atmosphere.

I didn't see this. I was in on the third day of Cata, raiding t11 bosses. There wasn't a "weird" progression curve. It was tuned for having some blues, some epics. Shockingly enough, when you pass the gear it was tuned for, it becomes easier. Imagine that. Hardmodes were tuned for full epics. The best players were killing them with many blues still. Does that mean it was all undertuned? Of course not, they're the best. They won't have the same limitations. They never will.

Gating is silly. Gating the start of the expansion because YOU can't play as much as others who take the time off/set it aside for this purpose...is selfish.

P.P.S. Didn't read the rest of the thread minus a few posts, so I may just be reinforcing other points. Don't care~
Why did Cata make it worse than any other expansion? No gating and 10mans. So yes, the problems I describe are people problems... but they are problems Blizzard created with WoW 4.0.

Gating has never existed with the entry tier other than some simple attunements. Kara's was somewhat lengthy (five instances total needed and quests in four different zones) but could be done in an single afternoon or evening by anyone with either a helpful guild or a decently populated friends list.

The availability of ten mans did contribute to the guild attrition and implosion we saw with Cata release but that's a whole different thread than this one here.

And remember 1 player in 10 needed to be attuned for kara, and they didn't even need to be in your raid. They just had to open the door. AAAAnd a rogue could do it tooo!
GG!

I read it champ. But I don't need a babysitter for WoW since I'm an adult. Let mommy tell you when it's time to go to bed and to eat your vegetables or no desert. Or maybe, you can learn to manage your own time and life.

Alcohol is addictive, way more addictive and dangerous than video games. Lots of people drink alcohol and do just fine without someone telling them when to stop. Just because some folks don't know when to stop doesn't mean every bar should impose a 2 drink maximum on every patron.

Rather than gate content so people don't raid before you, they might as well just give everyone 3 hours of playtime a day and then you can't login anymore. Because, that would more adequately address your point. The OP's post isn't about people playing too much, it's about people prioritizing leveling and raiding and not doing other things.

rofl, +like for you sir.
07/02/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Firestyle
And remember 1 player in 10 needed to be attuned for kara, and they didn't even need to be in your raid. They just had to open the door. AAAAnd a rogue could do it tooo!

Initially, everyone had to have the key. It was only in patch 2.4.0 that this got changed.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_2.4.0#Karazhan

Hey look another person who cannot read and doesn't know what they are talking about.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5568806276?page=9#164
07/03/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Poena
Hey look another person who cannot read and doesn't know what they are talking about.

As I pointed out earlier this is not the manner of gating anyone here is talking about except for you. Attunements are technically gating but they aren't a gate in the sense that raiding itself is actually delayed. You can do an attunement when ever you feel like doing an attunement whereas if raiding is delayed the doors the raid will not open until X date no matter what you do. If you want to try and make the SSC argument its a bad one because kara was already out and thus raid content was not gated at the start of the expansion, it was tiered. There is a big difference.

Hey look another person who cannot read and doesn't know what they are talking about

There's a difference between gating, attuning, and tiered content. What you want is a steel gate that nobody can pass until Blizzard decrees it. What your posted link there details is the process of attuning, where players set the pace.

Also, again, there's no real difference. Either way you're going to be behind, because the guys that you want to block out don't just have more time, they're simply better than you are at the game. If you took your guild and TopGuildX and stuck them in front of Boss Y with the same gear and no prior experience on the boss, TopGuildX would kill it first.
Gating is silly. Gating the start of the expansion because YOU can't play as much as others who take the time off/set it aside for this purpose...is selfish.