Helm enchants...

General Discussion
06/11/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Magecole
So i'v been thinking about blizz's idea to get rid of helm enchants. now it's not that big of a deal but REALLY? take out helm enchants because some ppl are to lazy to farm rep?

/sigh

No, no, no, no, no....you and everyone else thinking that is the reason for removing head enchants are completely wrong......

This is why. (Quote from a blue post)

We decided that putting head enchants on the various faction vendors wasn't working well with our design intent for the factions. There is a lot of max-level quest content in MoP, much of it focused around the reputation with the new factions. I think it's really cool stuff -- worlds away from the old Argent Dawn scourge stone days.

In previous expansions, the head enchants on the faction vendors served to force players into that content. You couldn't even choose which reputation to pursue -- you had to pursue the one with your specific head enchant. Our design intent for MoP is to give players options in how to play, and the head enchant design wasn't compatible with that.

i believe i stated i was wrong about that already and that it became more about why they are as of current an upgrade to your helm and couldn't figure out why evedently your helm = x and x+say 60 still = x and not y. it is an improvment to your helm NOW as your helm doesnt just come with it you have to add it to that IS an upgrade regardless of how small/ insignificant and disliked it is. I gave up and no longer care peronally i like helm enchants maybe i just like more numbers on my gear idk the orignal post was more about if they remove one thing because ppl feel forced to get it then whats next. they are doing away with talents trees because they are cookie cutters. so what i was trying to say and was missed and i flew into a blind rant and never got across was. what if say i feel forced to buy gems / enchants ? I think my point is that you are forced to do lots of things in this game to make your character the best it can be and if blizz starts removing stuff because ppl dont wanna do it or feel forced to do it there wont be much of a game left to play. you are forced to be lvl capped and have atleast decent gear to do lfr and see the end game right, poor example i know. i feel forced to set my hearth to SW and i like IF better.

do you like spending money or mats to gem and enchant or do you do it because your forced to by the fact that it has a gem socket. the fact it is provided by a profession is irelevent the profession exists to gem sockets not sockets exsist so you have use for a profession that wouldn't exsist if it didnt have a purpose.

now I already admit i was wrong about the reasoning behind it being removed and over reacting to something very small.
my apologies if there is still something im missing or am miss understanding plz point it out if so I dont make a bigger !@# of myself. Ijust dont get how x+y=x and not x+y=z regardless of if everyone else has it or if you wanna buy it. but it's moot point i guess as the arguement will no long exsist once they are removed and then i can stop being confused :)

This isnt even an attempt at a slippery slope argument anymore, hes rubbed a inch thick layer of bacon grease on the side of a mountain and is currently sliding down it with a rubber suit on and a pinwheel in each hand seaming...

"Weeeehhhhh!!!"

loved this. sorry for the wall of text.
Either roll it into Engineering like someone else mentioned, or they could of merely just made it so that every faction available to grind for the current expansion in play has every version of the helm and shoulder enchants.

That way when you are grinding the rep you want, for the faction you want it with, for the items you want out of the grind, you can pick up your head and shoulder enchants at the same time as a bonus.
Why don't they just make them craftable?