The Steam Pools

General Discussion
I found a small Goblin village called The Steam Pools north of Silithus, south of Feralas, next to a lake. Is that part of some old content or what? There's some NPC's there including a head chef, but there's no quests or anything.
there are lots of abandoned villages and empty caves.I would guess that they were scrapped peojects
It's for the Grey Riding Camel
It's Cata content, new stuff.
It's a resort and I'm under the impression that it does offer some amenities.

If you find and touch the Mysterious Camel Figurine you will be teleported to am instanced version of the Steam Pools where you can get the Grey Riding Camel.
As a dedicated explorer of Azeroth I've found and documented in my map notes over 60 places like the one mentioned here. From abandoned camps unreachable by ground, to hidden lakes, caves, future hideouts, spooky stuff, forests and NPCs. I have only 4 words for you buddy...

Challenge yourself to travel..

Eye candy everywhere.
Some of us would enjoy a look at these map notes of yours.
06/12/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Polenzsky
there are lots of abandoned villages and empty caves.I would guess that they were scrapped peojects

What if they're completed projects...of abandoned villages and empty caves?
06/12/2012 04:29 AMPosted by Blazë

What if they're completed projects...of abandoned villages and empty caves?

not blizzard's style, they like linear content
It's called an Easter Egg. There are lots in the game.
To those looking for some adventures exploring the maps, these are my discoveries so far:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5755557259?page=1#0
06/12/2012 04:17 AMPosted by Ronjon
I found a small Goblin village called The Steam Pools north of Silithus, south of Feralas, next to a lake. Is that part of some old content or what? There's some NPC's there including a head chef, but there's no quests or anything.

It was probably intended for something for Cataclysm that ended up getting left out.

These things add flavor even if they aren't used for anything.
There are a lot of "easter egg" type type things hidden in areas where nothing is at.

I have encountered critters with weapons, an island with fishing gear and a skeleton, a faerie ring, dwarves skiing (not sure if I spelled that right) on the mountain that makes ironforge, a flag with a skeleton on the top of said mountain and other such things while exploring.
Surely it's Cata content, considering I flew over there at level 65 and got attacked by level 83 mobs.
06/12/2012 04:21 AMPosted by Terraphobic
It's for the Grey Riding Camel

Yep, the 3rd posting down and here is the correct answer. Yet it doesn't stop the parade of "know-it-all" and their "easter egg" is the answer.
06/12/2012 05:43 AMPosted by Bloodnightx
I have encountered critters with weapons, an island with fishing gear and a skeleton, a faerie ring, dwarves skiing (not sure if I spelled that right) on the mountain that makes ironforge, a flag with a skeleton on the top of said mountain and other such things while exploring.

WHERE!?!?!?!?!?!