Reasons for war between Alliance/Horde

Story Forum
Prev 1 23 24 25
Well "Blizz is dumb so they never thought of any of that" sorry.
12/10/2012 05:52 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
In the Horde's defense, the reason their once pretty thriving forest in Durotar is gone is because of Daelin Proudmoore.

I thought it was only partially wrecked by Daelin Proudmore, and finished off by demons what wanted the orcs to go to Ashenval;e and annoy the Night elves living there.
I think that his idea going into it may have been "This way my people will be forced to trade with the races of the Alliance and through that we can have peace."

It apparently never occurred to him that the Orcs might just invade and take the resources instead of trading for them, or more pertinently, that accepting the Forsaken into the Horde would antagonize the Alliance so much that they wouldn't WANT to trade with him

I have no idea why Thrall figured the Orcs would be more inclined to trade anyway. They spent the past 10+ years ravaging the countryside and taking whatever they wanted? Why on earth would they give that up? Especially, in their minds, they were strong enough to effectively take whatever they wanted?

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I am blaming Thrall, for not seeing what his people were really like on the inside, demon blood or otherwise. Not that what the Orcs are is necessarily bad either. It just means they're going to fight, and take what they want through conquest. Which sucks for the Night Elves, meaning the Orcs and the Night Elves will basically be at constant war.

The Orcs, and the Night Elves too, actually, have been completely painted into a corner, lorewise, and the only way out of it, is to go back and say that their past didn't have as big an impact on them as we thought it did, effectively rectonning the galvanizing forces that shaped these two groups. Said forces are also arguably the most interesting thing about them.
In short Azeroth's screwed so we might as well try to deal with the threat at hand.
12/10/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Kynrind
I thought it was only partially wrecked by Daelin Proudmore, and finished off by demons what wanted the orcs to go to Ashenval;e and annoy the Night elves living there.

Not that I know of, although the Burning Blade was in there it wasn't related to the trees that were there, if memory serves.
Mainly focusing on the event of war ... garrosh tells a lie that oggrimmar was low on resources ..therefore taking action by invading and taking and also breaking peace treaties..thrall...the rightful warchief did not think that war was an option and did not want to take action against the Alliance Vanguard. The lust of war and battle and the sweet taste of victory intrigued garrosh so the orc battled and feuded up to this day..alive not yet killed for the crimes he has commited against the orcish horde. Thrall ....would never betray his allegiance but i know he wants to battle grom..who knows. Alliance ..a peaceful people unlike the horde they are more civalized and reffered to as the modern day armies whereas horde is that of B.C The alliance had no choice but to attack and fight. Therefore the war begins and the feud is continued. During the war sacred energies and beings eg. Deathwind, The Sha, Lich King, Illidan,Burning Legion etc. has been released and ressurected...stopping the war and letting the alliance and horde work together to defeat their enemy..afterwards their hatred continues..and goes on for eternity fighting and planning till their souls leave their damged bodies. War is all we have...we will embrace it and fight till we die. this i pledge . FOR THE ALLIANCE! #PVPDOPEFRESHNATION #WOWGAMERZ
no they r smart..that plain *sorry* will destroy World of Warcraft and the war itself. WoW is based on war so players will leave the game if the alliance or horde says sorry like a bunch of babies so war is everything..its all alliance and horde have to survive
01/05/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Dezen
garrosh tells a lie that oggrimmar was low on resources

It wasn't a lie. IIRC, Orgrimmar has had to be bailed out twice, once by Thunder Bluff and once by the Darkspear, just to prevent food/water running out. Then there are all the monetary problems that Thrall left Garrosh to deal with after the place burned down, and the lack of trees in the area.

Durotar really sucks.
Well yeah Garrosh did provoke most of the war. But sometimes you have to fight for what you need. Garrosh started off caring about his people(he may be a jerk to other races but he cares for the orcs.) Now he kills orcs but he also demands loyalty. He is a strong Orc leader and I stand behind him. He just sucks at warcheif.
I love how not having any resources isn't apparently a good reason. people love to be criticial when they are reaping the benefits but never when they are in a position of starvation or need. Its like people who claim wars for oil are evil and then drive a Hummer and keep their electricity ont he whole night. So you may be right that it would be more moral to not do so, but then you as a part of that society need to stop being the problem. The difference though with food is that you can never stop needing food, and likewise with wood, you will never stop needing heat and shelter. Oil is a luxury to sustain a society based on luxury, whereas a war for food and shelter is a war for basic necessities of life. Thus by your logic the only way the Horde could be moral was by dieing, and even if you hate the Horde you can see that no society is going to willingly just lay down and die when food is out there being controlled by the greedy Alliance who complain about expansion when they control most of the world's resources and good land. it's like having the one good farm after an apocalypse and wondering why the marginalized masses are trying to steal your cabbage.

Also why don't the Night Elves share their secrets about lumber? Noone would ever need to cut down a tree again if those selfish arses would jut send everyone wisps. I blame the Night Elves
It's easy to point fingers when you're the one watching.
In the Horde's defense, the reason their once pretty thriving forest in Durotar is gone is because of Daelin Proudmoore.

False.

This is correct.
FELINE NECROMANCERS!!!!