Can't delete a character

Customer Support
I have a character I'd like to delete, but every time I try to delete it, it says "this character has mail or has an heirloom in their inventory and cannot be deleted". I've already cleared the character's mail, there isn't an heirloom in the inventory, and the character isn't even out of the death knight newbie zone so void storage isn't even unlocked.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Do you also delete the letters that came with any mounts or pets? Letters in the mail box still count as mail.
Oh, I tried that and it worked. It wasn't like that when I was last playing WoW.
Thanks for the help.
can somone help me, i deleted the mail and everything but i still cant delete my chars
If your mailbox is empty (as in, totally devoid of contents, not just lacking a 'new mail' icon), you have no heirlooms on the character and any mail sent BY the character you wish to delete has been collected, you can put in a ticket asking for a GM to assist you.
08/13/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Raxuis
can somone help me, i deleted the mail and everything but i still cant delete my chars

Did you delete any notes that were attached to items you received? Do you have any heirloom gear on the characters you're deleting?
yes i deleted everything and i dont think a level 1 would have any heirlooms.
08/13/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Raxuis
i dont think a level 1 would have any heirlooms.

If people own heirlooms, they generally send them across as soon as the toon is created..
so yes, there are many level 1's with heirlooms.
08/13/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Raxuis

I see two level ones freshly deleted, so I'm making a presumption you found the source :)

Locking this now due to age.