What's so bad about Kingdom Roleplay?

Moon Guard
I've noticed a great deal of dislike for Kingdom RP both IG and in the Forums, and seeing as I personally find it a very interesting way to Roleplay (If RPed right, admittedly) and might try it with Dwarves one day, I wondered why it was so disliked?

Discuss.
Because most kingdom RP you see advertised is on the same level as college/family/whatever ridiculous RP you can find advertised by sitting in Trade District.
Because it's abused. If Kingdom RP was the base for a guild that wasn't claiming to be "HUR HUR I R TEH KING OF GILNEAS HURRRR" It would be fine, but seeing as how that's the case, that's where the hatred comes from.

EDIT; This isn't making fun of Made's SELF PROCLAIMED TITLE.
Most Kingdom RP is not thought out correctly, that and they alway tend to ignore on important detail - lore.
Hrm, so... Advertising, Powergaming, and Lore, basically?
It tends to be just a fancier word for "City" Roleplay, with nobility instead of townsfolk and wee peasants.

I don't mind a bit of National pride...Dom's Kul Tiran and the daughter of a naval Captain/nobility cross.. But, city RPers.

Shudder. I realize in my own more well-written way I too am probably playing some complex version of house. But agh.
It's boring.

There's no bloodshed.
>2012
>Not indulging in Termite RP

ISHYGDDT
06/26/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Domnai
Shudder. I realize in my own more well-written way I too am probably playing some complex version of house. But agh.

Though I don't think this is what you meant, it should be noted that there is a huge difference between "kingdom" and "house" RP.
I'd participate in kingdom-style roleplay, especially if it were similar to Game of Thrones (where there are different factions/families fighting for power). And the roleplay was in-depth and well thought-out. But, I have not seen anything like this.
People like to judge other people for how they play pretend.

It makes them feel that their method of playing pretend is less childish than someone else's. Sad, but that's roleplay.

You're sassy.
06/27/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Binor

Though I don't think this is what you meant, it should be noted that there is a huge difference between "kingdom" and "house" RP.

I'm not talking about the various 'kingdom' related guilds. I more meant the people who shout "LFM GILNEAS RP."

So yes, what Magdaleine said. There is a huge difference. I wish there was a decent Kul Tiran or appropriate guild to stick Domnai in. But, so far I have nothing. I already experienced the horror that is the city Roleplayers who have invaded Theramore D:
Holy RP snobs batman.

Some people enjoy that kind of RP. Some don't. To each their own.
>2012
>Not indulging in Termite RP

ISHYGDDT

good god at least save green text for when it actually fits
I just hate how so many people spam it all the time. In trade, yell, general, local defense even. And no I can't just ignore them. They're like those nats. They're everywhere! Fair enough to say to each their own, I just always have that feeling it's like those college rp types of people.