AUSTRALIAN SERVERS massage to blizzard.

Oceanic General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
this is a massage to blizzard. We need some Australian bassed servers.

why is it that all australian and Probably New Zealander WOW players have to deal with huge pings (200MS +) when we are paying $15 per month. for a payed service we should be getting servers bassed in our own country with low pings. i think it is a lode of crap that we have to deal with huge pings and not be able to play the game as it is ment to be played. and just so you know its not my internt connection as i have 30MB down and 19MB up.

WE NEED BETTER PINGS!!!!!
Having 200ms isn't stopping you from playing the game as it's meant to be played.
5 years ago this was a possibilty, but wow is nearing the end of its life cycle, it wont be done. if you want aussie servers for a blizz MMO you will have to wait till titan is released, tbh i would be very surprised if they dont offer legit oceanic servers for that game
I'm sure Blizzard would appreciate a nice massage.

why is it that all australian and Probably New Zealander WOW players have to deal with huge pings (200MS +) when we are paying $15 per month. for a payed service we should be getting servers bassed in our own country with low pings. i think it is a lode of crap that we have to deal with huge pings and not be able to play the game as it is ment to be played. and just so you know its not my internt connection as i have 30MB down and 19MB up.

You really think that, Blizzard, are going to take notice of a thread with very poor grammar and spelling?
Im pretty sure I have seen in past thread's where this issue has been brought up that the problem is with telstra and there fee's & charges associated with running server's over here. Apparently the costs are sky high and that's what turns blizzard off setting up server's over here.

Shame really my MS was jumping between 180 - 1300 last night, kept dying during boss fight because of the lag, wasnt a pleasant experiance.
Blizzard can give Australia servers for the oceanic area but other countrys in the Oceanic area will then 'suffer' the same high ping that we have now which would be pointless.
There is a smaller player base in Australia than any other country.
Its called supply and demand. As long as there are more players in other countrys then they will have the servers. Easy.
Also, in previous years I believe that Blizzard have tried but Telstra made it harder than it was worth.
OMG, the servers are talking and offering massages? Truly it is the end of days.
Why not instead add servers in the ACTUAL oceanic region , not necessary in Australia but why not nearby countries , surely it would be cheaper to host a server in Indonesia or Singapore ? or maybe even further Philippines or Vietnam?

Thanks for reading
Congrats you are the 1000th aussie to post ''we need severs''. It would be nice to play at some decent latency so we could actually compete on par with the other countrys.

You really think that, Blizzard, are going to take notice of a thread with very poor grammar and spelling?

No but if there's alot posts on this topic each month, maybe just maybe blizz will consider it and pigs will fly.
This is never going to happen. If it ever was going to, it would of happened a long time ago. Sure its abit annoying playing against americans in PvP to know sometimes they are killing me from a mile away. But doesnt bother me that much.
Jesus Christ buddy, where did you learn to spell. If your going to rant make sure you can post sentences that don't need to be deciphered. This topic has been done to death.

Not to mention your really making us look like a bunch of brainless uneducated morons. Please do a better job next time.

Harsh - YES, but if the shoe fits.....!
now way u live in aus with that net
Even if the topic is done to death surely there is a way around it , Australia-Asia is pretty close to each other , I have read that Australia charge absurd prices for inet but what about south-east asia? player base there and in Australia surely would be a good investment to host a server there , SWTOR isnt doing bad and they have SYD based servers?
07/06/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Lazymofoz
SWTOR isnt doing bad and they have SYD based servers?

They are closing the Australian servers and merging them with some other country because they don't get played enough and are not worth it. They are moving the servers to other countrys that have the high amount of players to actually make it worth it.
You all do realise that if they opened Oceanic servers we'd be stuck on our own right? No queuing for LFD/LFR with North America, so we'd wind up having some nice, long queue times for both. There really just aren't that many of us to begin with and we'd likely wind up losing any US residents who play on the Oceanic servers (because it would be a brand new client that would require a brand new account).

Long and the short of it is that Blizzard have very specific (and expensive) requirements for their server farms, and these cannot be met with adequate return for their outlay.