Ten epic ways to die in WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
The three funniest ones I have seen. When I first started playing, I was a Tauren named Welldun. One day I was on the zeppelin with a bunch of other players and this one Undead guy was jumping around, yelling nonsense and generally being an annoying jerk. Well, he wound up accidentally jumping off the side over a remote mountainous area and falling to his death. A bunch of us started getting whispers like this, "Help! I fell on top of a mountain and there is no way to get to my body to rez myself, what can I do?" Nobody answered him.

The second one was actually a Raid wipe. My guild was a laid back group and we allowed having companion pets out in raids. I happened to have Egbert out and as he is wont to do, he suddenly ran off directly towards the boss we were about to fight. One of the players thought we were pulling and opened up. After the ensuing wipe, and a lot of laughter, I informed the guy that my Egbert was not Prot specced.

The third was when my Dwarf Rogue, Fadeaway, was standing on the dock at Menethil waiting for the ship to Theramore. He was standing too close to the edge and when the ship came in, he was picked up and wound up standing on the anchor on the outside of the ship. I thought, "Hey , this is cool, I'll just stay here". Everything was fine until the ship pulled away and sailed a fair distance. Then, when it zoned, poor Fadeaway was unceremoniously dumped into the sea where he quickly drowned.
I disagree. I think a male Tauren would rather enjoy being milked.

Edit: Although, come to think of it, death would probably be a likely result anyways, due to mechanical issues...
07/05/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Eliezer
go to Northrend for the first time in a another toon, mount up and try to fly off the zepelim... than in the midle of the way u remeber "oh didn't learned Cold Weather Flying"

I did that fairly recently actually. Thankfully I didn't die. Mine would be jumping out of the Dalaran sewer pipe. While not exciting. I enjoy doing it.
07/05/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Xigwa
7. Go out on a blind date with an undead.

Hey now, the guy I went out with last week wasn't that bad...

Of course I did make his skull into a vase.

*cough*
Yeah. Fight Arthas and die. How much more epic can you get.
07/05/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Kwasa
13. Go afk underwater for around 15 min as a shammy/warlock

... Or druid.
07/05/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Xigwa
Got anymore epic ways to die in WoW?
While waiting for the rest of the guild to show up at Ulduar, tease your wife about being a whiney, no dueling wuss until you piss her off and she mind controls you off the cliffs. You are unable to find your body and have to take the res hit at the spirit healer. All that lovely purple tanking gear ...

(this was before they made repair costs equal across the board)
07/05/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Danielfboone
I happened to have Egbert out and as he is wont to do, he suddenly ran off directly towards the boss we were about to fight.

I hate it when my guildies do that. No warning, Egbert takes off and I see the movement, shift to bear and start running. Then I realize who it is and the rest of my group is just standing there, going, "Uh.... What are you doing..?"
Way back in vanilla my guild leader persuaded about 20 guildies that he had something awesome to show us. He had us all fly to Thelsamar and then told us to all put him on Follow so he could run us to where he wanted to take us. This was probably the second week the game came out and most of us were pretty clueless so we did as he asked. He ran all the way across the zone and jumped off the Stonewrought dam. Since we were all on follow and were not expecting anything odd, we all fell to our deaths as well. We laughed about that for years afterwards, although at the time there was a fair amount of cursing.
take an arrow to the knee............
ya i went there lol
07/05/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Allaisa
Way back in vanilla my guild leader persuaded about 20 guildies that he had something awesome to show us. He had us all fly to Thelsamar and then told us to all put him on Follow so he could run us to where he wanted to take us. This was probably the second week the game came out and most of us were pretty clueless so we did as he asked. He ran all the way across the zone and jumped off the Stonewrought dam. Since we were all on follow and were not expecting anything odd, we all fell to our deaths as well. We laughed about that for years afterwards, although at the time there was a fair amount of cursing.

The best part about that trick was how they would all die at least one or two more times getting back to the Wetlands if they didn't have a hearthstone or summon available.
Most vanilla hunters should remember this one:

Feign death the full six minutes.
As a level 6 night elf, try to see how far you can jump down the exterior of Teldrassil, branch by branch. If (when) you die, and should you miss the jump to your body, have your ghost die of fatigue as you walk across the sea toward Darkshore to spirit rez.

That is an incredibly specific thing that I have never done.
Or these as a priest:

SW:D while enfeebled on Prince Malchezaar

SW:D while tormented on Baleroc (only works without the tier 13 shadow 2-set)
07/05/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Healmore
SW:D while tormented on Baleroc

That was funy the first time.... :) the second not so much... i confess i had too remove the sw:d from my bar after the third.
Die to Angwe