408 ilvl Protection Warrior, seeking guild!

Tichondrius
Ragnarr, if you decide to go Tichondrius Alliance, get in touch with me. I wouldn't pay much mind to the sub-par players flapping their fingers around on their keyboard, with their delusional sense of superiority because they've looked at the "percentages necessary to look like you know what you're doing" on Elitist Jerks. Especially someone like Nyfaria who is a really bad / pretty clueless at / about the only class he plays, who also pawns off terrible play / talents to his Raid Leaders discretion.

You won't find a Prot Warrior better than me on the realm. I might be stepping down to SPriest in Cata, but I won't be doing that unless I can find a replacement that's as good as me, or has the potential to be. The only thing that worries me is that you said you aren't as proficient as Arms as you are Prot. I understand being a main tank and not having to spec anything else, but there's no reason a player (especially a warrior) shouldn't be able to do both roles at the same level of play.

If you're interested in Tich Alliance, let me know. I'm usually on after 3 PST.
07/17/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Mutiilation
Especially someone like Nyfaria who is a really bad / pretty clueless at / about the only class he plays,

Oh yes, i am terrible, worst !@#$ing prot warrior in the world! and how would you know if this is the only class i play?
Well, you play(ed) that Paladin too, I'm not sure if you still do.
07/17/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Mutiilation
Well, you play(ed) that Paladin too, I'm not sure if you still do.

Prot warrior is my Main atm, i have 6 other 85s ive played at different intervals, I am still fairly new to the prot warrior world, and its changing hardcore in MoP, so i will have a lot more to learn, i actually only have a prot warrior because Most Wanted asked me to Level a tank for them, my only experience with prot warrrior was Level to 85, gear up from dungeons and Jump into Heroic/Normal Dragon Soul 25 with Most Wanted. i Far from claim to be the best, but i would not call myself terrible.
I just remember doing a DS with you on my bear and you died a few times to Ultrax and were hilariously bad on Gunship.

That was a long time ago, I'm sure you're better now.
I just remember doing a DS with you on my bear and you died a few times to Ultrax and were hilariously bad on Gunship.

Was that in the DS 10 with Most Wanteds group of rag tags/not good enough for the better group people? like my second week even entering the instance? because that is the only time i can remember doing a DS with a bear tank on Tich.

Yeah, i was and will admit i was a terrible tank when i first made this toon, its been a learning experience all of its own.

No, you had an accurate assessment of his abilities the first time.

No, you had an accurate assessment of his abilities the first time.

Who are you to make that judgement?
Shield block rolls over into critical block. If you mouse over the actual buff you will see how much extra critical block you are getting at the time period. With my current set up it is 29% more critical block chance, although with mastery trinkets I believe it pushes up to 32-34%.

Also, I don't normally use SSV. I just like to play with it with lower dungeons and such. What tank doesn't like to play with his health pool? ;)
Normally I'd use fire of the deep for this set up. The Idea was to guarantee at least 60% damage reduction when necessary. Compared to the paladin I tanked with who gemmed stamina entirely and was equally geared, the health difference is pretty minimal.

Personally I'd like to balance my character out, but I'm going to wait til I get into a guild to do so. I quit back in late May and gave my 60kg to the guild bank >.> I didn't exactly anticipate coming back, so now I have to save up for gems. Good times.
Ragnarr, if you decide to go Tichondrius Alliance, get in touch with me. I wouldn't pay much mind to the sub-par players flapping their fingers around on their keyboard, with their delusional sense of superiority because they've looked at the "percentages necessary to look like you know what you're doing" on Elitist Jerks. Especially someone like Nyfaria who is a really bad / pretty clueless at / about the only class he plays, who also pawns off terrible play / talents to his Raid Leaders discretion.

You won't find a Prot Warrior better than me on the realm. I might be stepping down to SPriest in Cata, but I won't be doing that unless I can find a replacement that's as good as me, or has the potential to be. The only thing that worries me is that you said you aren't as proficient as Arms as you are Prot. I understand being a main tank and not having to spec anything else, but there's no reason a player (especially a warrior) shouldn't be able to do both roles at the same level of play.

If you're interested in Tich Alliance, let me know. I'm usually on after 3 PST.

Hey, I'll definitely contact you. I'm not as proficient in arms, but I'm still manageable. It's been a work in progress. I tanked from T4-T9 and didn't bother dpsing until T10 in which i picked up fury as my off spec. The first time i touched arms was for dragon soul, so I'm still figuring out how it's to be done. I learn best when talking to those who know how to do it though.
We're fine with a Shield tank that MTs and doesn't have to DPS. We've already got a solid OT/DPS. We also have an "actual" tank spot, as opposed to a "maybe" spot open.

Hey, I'll definitely contact you. I'm not as proficient in arms, but I'm still manageable. It's been a work in progress. I tanked from T4-T9 and didn't bother dpsing until T10 in which i picked up fury as my off spec. The first time i touched arms was for dragon soul, so I'm still figuring out how it's to be done. I learn best when talking to those who know how to do it though.

Gotcha. I've never had as much fun DPSing as arms as I have this tier, you should really look into it. It's viable (WOL rank-wise) and playing correctly while able to stance-dance is extremely rewarding.

Gotcha. I've never had as much fun DPSing as arms as I have this tier, you should really look into it. It's viable (WOL rank-wise) and playing correctly while able to stance-dance is extremely rewarding.

I really like it, I just never got much a chance to work on it. I always dpsed Hagara, that's it. With my luck I got chosen for icetombs almost every time too. Gotta love 25 man luck.
I actually have all my abilities in arms macroed in such a way that I'm always going to be in the correct stance to maximize damage :) It stance dances for me, it's pretty awesome I think.
It'd be nice to talk warrior with you in game at one point. my real id is gstuck750@live.com. You should add me and let me know when you do so I can edit the email address out of this post :p

You won't find a Prot Warrior better than me on the realm.

You're lucky I retired qt. ;)

Also, Rag seems like a gentleman, and more than capable of tanking current tier+.
If you are interested in playing alliance with a guild that is 6/8 HM that just came back to the game after a bit of a break, I would like to talk :D. We raid Fri-Sat 8:30-11:30 PST.
BUMP

Apologies. I disappeared for a while due to difficulties finding an apartment!
I am looking still for a raiding guild to go into MoP with!
My main post is updated with the alternative characters I have to offer since warriors seem to be at a disadvantage with the recent patch!
Villians is recruiting players like yourself. There is a major part of the guild that all know each other in real life. We recently decided to take the reins of a guild of our own, so we dont have anything to brag on guild-wise for achievements or accomplishments. We were 6/8 heroic in our old guild that we recently left.. (We are mostly all in our 30's, married, and with kids.) We plan on being more casual but still maitaining an active raid schedule.

If you are interested or have any questions, feel free to hit me up on here or in-game and I will do my best to get back to you. You can also search Villians in the "Who" search and ask any of us for an invite.

We are currently inviting anybody for leveling purposes when MoP releases but will be setting up at least 1 raid group if not more depending on our turn out of raiders.
What are your ideal raid times?