Macro (Help)

UI and Macro
Hey everyone. Have a rather stupid question. I just started working on some macros and have that working fine, but when I cast a macro during battle the code is showing up on the screen as if I were chatting with someone and it appears in the chat box as (Say: Flemster casts and the code in white letters). I'm thinking that I have the Say/ on from chatting and it is causing this. I don't know how to get it to stop. Can anyone help out on this or is this suppose to be happening?

Thanks
Paste your macro.
My guess is you've left the slashes off the beginning of each line, or put superfluous characters before them.

/cast Awesome Spell
will cast awesome spell.

cast Awesome Spell
/cast Awesome Spell
./cast Awesome Spell

will all send those lines to whatever your current default chat channel is.
OK, so I did paste the macro in when created. I have no odd characters. The macro works fine, but I just don't get why the code text comes up on the screen every time I execute one. Is there any way to clear the chat log. I think that Say/ is what's making it do this, but I just don't know how to make that stop.
It's because you probably have a space at the beginning of your macro lines and those are getting interpreted as chat.
07/16/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Unkle
It's because you probably have a space at the beginning of your macro lines and those are getting interpreted as chat.
Thanks for the help everyone. Entered the marco screen by typing /macro on the text line. Deleted all of my macros and re did each one. They all are working fine with no text showing up. Not sure but for some reason it had something to do with the /say on the text line. Good to go now.

Thanks again for the help
07/23/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Flemster
They all are working fine with no text showing up. Not sure but for some reason it had something to do with the /say on the text line.

That's because /say means to say something

/say stuff goes here

will cause your character to say

"stuff goes here"

That's what the /say command does.