Camping/Griefing

Battlegrounds
Just now ran a random BG with a guildie and we got Twin Peaks. Normally a fairly fun one to run. This time however there was a group of people that decided that after people get killed to stand at the bottom of the graveyard and range dps as they spawn with melee waiting when they would jump down so that they would instantly be killed from low health from range. Doesn't matter that people were killed trying to capture the flag, that's part of it but to be continuously camped as we were, ranged and then melee'd with no chance to even try to fight back is NOT FUN. Not to mention that the horde team was getting HK's off of it while we were getting zero.

We decide it's not worth it to stick around after a few mins of this so we leave, then we get the debuff so we have to wait to que again. Blizzard how is this fair to us? Ya they got the upper hand but really we should've just stood there and let them kill us repeatedly, farming easy HK's off of us and stuck it out to avoid the debuff? Ya that's a real good time for those it's happening to.

Something needs to be done about the current system and how it's implemented, it's not working out to be "fun" for all your players. Whether others think it's right or wrong not giving the other team a chance to come back or even try to fight back is not in the spirit of any kind of good competition what-so-ever.

We knew better than to report the players as no action would be taken against "griefing" like this but you guys should plan out your maps and graveyards better. All this does is turn people off of doing things like this and then the community wonders why que times are so long or why they don't have more people sticking around to pvp on a regular basis.

No I don't think Blizzard can be there in every instance to take care of every situation that comes up like this but there should be some kind of recourse for the players that are obviously being taken advantage of. All I can say is we had a very bad time due to a few people blocking our attempt at trying to play. It's not so much that we weren't going to win, they weren't even trying to cap the flag, never picked it up once. It's more of the fact that they were doing this and it was "fun" for them to keep us from playing at all.
"NERF PVP IN PVP!!!!!!!"

Working as intended.

I never said anything about a nerf. What this is about is the fact that other players find it fun to block people from trying to play the game. Killing people during BG's happen, that's part of it but to do what happened to us repeatedly is griefing plain and simple and it was our entire team, not just a couple people.
obv mad he got rez camped. ran to forums

/end thread

if what transpired had happened to his opposing team he wouldn't be here
07/18/2012 03:09 AMPosted by Spørk
Killing people during BG's happen, that's part of it but to do what happened to us repeatedly is griefing plain and simple and it was our entire team, not just a couple people
They were farming you. They weren't blocking you from anything. You could have left at any second. Farming =/= greifing.

You call it farming, it's griefing and stopping our entire team from doing anything at all but dieing for their fun is blocking our game play and akin to cheating in my eyes. I'm not going to debate apples and oranges with you. This is wrong to do to people just trying to have fun and takes away from their game play. You don't have to agree it's a free world but if that's how it's done no thanks, not interested and if this is the attitude of the pvp player base I'll be glad to wash my hands of it and not return for more.
07/18/2012 03:15 AMPosted by Dewlyn
They were farming you. They weren't blocking you from anything. You could have left at any second. Farming =/= greifing.

You call it farming, it's griefing and stopping our entire team from doing anything at all but dieing for their fun is blocking our game play and akin to cheating in my eyes. I'm not going to debate apples and oranges with you. This is wrong to do to people just trying to have fun and takes away from their game play. You don't have to agree it's a free world but if that's how it's done no thanks, not interested and if this is the attitude of the pvp player base I'll be glad to wash my hands of it and not return for more.

the other people are having fun so would it be right to take away their fun to make due with your fun? horde or alliance. we're all people behind computer screens sometimes the random people who q'd in with you aren't as good as the other team get used to it if you're just now realizing this you haven't done many battlegrounds at all
k bye, now lets go back to graveyard farming.
farming teams is the reward from out playing them. Deal with it. If you want to queue up in full pve gear or ruthless gear, expect to not have a good time.

In every battleground every player makes a big impact on the outcome. Especially Twin Peaks, Warsong Gulch, and Battle for Gilneas. You need to be aware of everything that's happening in the game and react in the best possible ways for you to win. You cant expect pugs to cap bases, kill EFCs/return flags, Defend nodes... you have to do everything in every single bg to be successful including all dps and all healing. If you just go in thinking wins will be handed to you for being you, you're sadly mistaken and need to learn to play.

Couple general BG tips for you

-Teamwork wins BGs. straight up. If you find yourself alone a lot in bgs, you're not doing it right and need to go to your alli's.

-Little things make big differences. CC the free casting holy paladin, Grab the Beserking buffs, buff your teammates.

-Abuse any advantage you have. Exploit the hell out of any LoS you can, split their rezzes up, make them fight in an unfavorable position.

-Click flags/graveyards. Again, dont expect some pug to cap Lumber Mill while you're Mind Spiking the hunter to death etc etc. Graveyards make huge differences in AV/IoC/SoTA. One person can single-handedly determine if AV will be a turtle or quick game depending on graveyards.

-Dont get frustrated at dying or losing the game. It's a BG, you WILL die. Accept it and enjoy yourself.
First of all....you qued for PvP and that is what you got.

Second...GY camping is a viable start.

Third and most imporantly...TP has 2 Graveyards, here is a novel thought, jump down while a ghost and spawn at the OTHER Graveyard.

Newbs...can't play with em...cant report them AFK fast enough (stuipd truckers always run face first solo into a group of enemy players before they get the deserter debuff).
Funny, just because I made the post on this toon doesn't mean it was this one that was in the bg. Further more I did go as a healer, but I only died once, unlike most of the rest of the team. I stay there trying to keep people healed.

But this is fine and apparently I'm wrong for thinking like I do or expecting anything to be fun or fair. So I'll end what I had to say and not come back to reply. Dragon slayer or not, I just wanted to play all the game not just one part of it.

Thanks for the warm reception and I'm glad I'm not going to be doing this any more. Not worth the headache or trying to talk about what's on my mind here. I'll keep my "mewling" to myself and not bother any of you with my rehtoric any further. Obviously I'm a blithering idiot who should be strung up and skinned alive for even trying to say something.

Thanks for putting me in my place. Such a nice crowd.
I'm leaving now. I'm sure you'll be happy about that.

Very much appreciated.

Newbs...can't play with em...cant report them AFK fast enough (stuipd truckers always run face first solo into a group of enemy players before they get the deserter debuff).

can't play with em can't play without em
love/hate noob relationship
@ Dewlyn

I am sorry....I did come off a bit 'harsh'. PvP is like a puppy....It’s cute/fun until it starts chewing up the house and pissing in your shoes.

With hard work (grinding the gear) and discipline (learning to play not only your class, but also understanding all the OTHER classes and how to counter them) killing dragons will seem VERY dull/boring.

Don't give up...but also don't expect people in PvP threads to join you for a pity party about being GY camped.
TLDR

Welcome to randoms man. We've all been there, both doing it others and taking it ourselves...If you can convince Blizz to permaban botters, then maybe the deserter debuff might not be as necessary.

07/18/2012 03:28 AMPosted by Aurellian
God I hope Blizzard never succumbs to this level of mewling and groveling

Unfortunately they do man.
The way I see it, gy camping is in fact doing you a favor. You wouldn't stand a chance even if they weren't spawn camping you. Therefore, if you get your team to not res, jump down as a ghost before you res, then eventually they will give up and just cap 3 flags and get the game over with :P Although there's always the 1-3 bots per match. But is 1 or 2 people worth killing over and over for 20 minutes?