MoP Healing Priest Pre-raid Gear guide

Priest
^Hmmm While I understand the bonds of friendship, this assumes facts not in evidence and is most unlike you.

Know it's a huge responsibility to be you Iritha, but on behalf of myself, and I'm pretty sure others, please continue to be Iritha.

We depend on you to be the breath of fresh (fair) air that you are.
Hey who can I be?
07/13/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Nixx
Oh this is good. I suppose you're the leading expert on Irithaness, even more than Iritha.

Not at all.

You're right, I apologise.

Edit: I would delete that post, unfortunately it's timed out. Again, my apologies. Ignore it and move on.
I'm so glad I made it to the first page in this epic thread.
07/13/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Iritha
One post 5 months from now if the post is maintained, yes (since it's likely tweaks will be made to both the spec *and* the gear between now and then, making what is posted here inaccurate).

And posts can be edited to accomodate for tweaks made to gear and spec, as is commonly done with guides. Go look at most of the other guides/stickies, I'll best most of them have been edited continuously long after their original post date. Copy, paste and tweak into a new thread isn't that hard either. Honestly, stop giving him a hard time for being helpful and post some constructive feedback, objecting to him starting 5 months early is a little ridiculous. If the post is still inaccurate and poorly maintained 5 months from now, then it will vanish into the forum abyss. No harm, no foul.
^Hmmm While I understand the bonds of friendship, this assumes facts not in evidence and is most unlike you.

Know it's a huge responsibility to be you Iritha, but on behalf of myself, and I'm pretty sure others, please continue to be Iritha.

We depend on you to be the breath of fresh (fair) air that you are.

Really, because I think it assumes that a very possible scenario: stuff will change between now and MoP, and the OP may not update this thread.

I don't think that has anything to do with friendship. Nevermind that I know Iritha understands that friendship means letting someone know that they're wrong.

I'm sure some people are going "lol territorielly". I'm not. I'm going "here's to hoping this is updated when the content is relevant, and maybe Blizzard will already have stickied a pre-existing guide".
Aerr, apology accepted/your concern appreciated though it's ok to feel like a post reads a certain way.

Hershe, it's always nice to see you around the forums; love your Lightwell Buddy mod so much it made me pick up Holy for a little bit ;) All I intended to say in that post was that forum regulars are as close to convinced as you can be that Elethia will be an active advocate of all things priest here on the forum. And the "problem" with a guide that ends up not being maintained and does fall into forum obscurity is that people *do* come along and necro posts, which are almost always full of outdated information which is then passed along to people who happen along looking for info.

Zolvolt, by saying that, I don't mean to imply that I have any certainty that you *won't* be around to continue maintaining your guide, but you haven't been active on this forum for long and thus I have no baseline to imagine whether you'll continue to spend time posting here. Surely you can see what it "means" to people who've stuck around to discuss priesting and to answer questions, if someone who has a long history of working with the forum writes a guide? I apologize if my initial post was taken to be some kind of veiled insult to you. It wasn't indended that way.
Hershe, it's always nice to see you around the forums; love your Lightwell Buddy mod so much it made me pick up Holy for a little bit ;)

Ya, I always like Disc better as well, I just hop on holy every so often for fun or to put a well down in the middle of Org :-P

All I intended to say in that post was that forum regulars are as close to convinced as you can be that Elethia will be an active advocate of all things priest here on the forum. And the "problem" with a guide that ends up not being maintained and does fall into forum obscurity is that people *do* come along and necro posts, which are almost always full of outdated information which is then passed along to people who happen along looking for info.

You could say I'm more worried about "problem" of alienating someone who put a lot of time into a guide and is trying to be helpful, thus denying the good information he can provide later.... than I am about someone who can't look at a time stamp necroing an old post. The OP indicated that the thread was created pre-MoP, if someone can't read that or a time stamp, then I don't think there's much we can do for them... old information exists all over this forum and the internet in general. IMO, complaining about a thread that has the potential to become old news is akin to complaining about someone threatening to over-flow the ocean by pouring a glass of water in it.

It's a good thread, I hope he maintains it. If not, oh well, off to the heep with all of the other old and out-dated threads and information.
The important part is this thread was absolutely annihilated with pointless, petty posting and people trying to speak for Blizzard. People who have thrown fits over the same thing happening to their precious threads in the past.

nbd

Not sure how it was annihilated, or how anyone attempted to speak for Blizzard, or to what fits you're referring, Heck, if anything, we've drawn more attention to the thread.

There isn't much else to talk about, since loot isn't finalized.
As you wish, Nixx. What would you like me to carry on about?

PS: In all seriousness, what are you carrying on about? I didn't attack the OP, or in any way try to "annihilate" the thread.
07/13/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Elethia
I didn't attack the OP, or in any way try to "annihilate" the thread.

its true ;)
This has gone on far too long. Blizz stop this nonsense!
Drama queens.

I appreciate the effort, Zolvolt.
07/13/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Nixx
The first post you made is pretty much like, "Hey, !@#$ this guide. My thread is going to be the sticky." Maybe it's just me, though I'm not alone in thinking this, but a lot of your posts seem to come off as helping people to show off or validate your own adoration of your intelligence, rather than helping to help. Your guides and over-protectiveness of your sticky attempts are an extension of that. I might be wrong and I try to avoid telling people what they're thinking, but that's how you consistently come off to me.

Actually, the first post I made is pretty much like "Hopefully Blizzard will have my guide stickied in 5 months." I don't really care whose thread is stickied as long as accurate information is available. I don't even know how a person can be protective of sticky attempts. I've tried to get my threads stickied. So what? I've also tried to get Ashley's stickied, and have tossed votes and requests for any quality thread that comes along.

As for the adoration crud, you're mental. I'm not here for accolades or to flaunt anything. I'm here to do what I can to improve the forums and offer help to people. Can i get a bit superior with people who seem to be reveling in ignorance? Sure, but just about every regular I've seen does that--yourself included.

@Zol: I'm glad you get it. As it's your thread, yours is the only opinion that probably matters. That and Blizzard's, I suppose. I'll go back and edit posts if this resurfaces when MoP hits.
I would recommend deleting the contents of this and remaking the guide as a new post. I have a feeling a guide with non-mechanics-related arguments on the first two pages is not going to do it any favors later on, and we can hopefully avoid bickering in the next one. This series of posts does not make the community look good for the people who would be wanting a reliable guide.