MoP Gold Cap

General Discussion
Will the gold cap be increased in MoP?

I understand that with everything being added (Higher cost for mounts, BMAH ,etc.) that Blizzard wants people to use those gold sinks, but the gold cap is increased every expansion, so I'm very curious.

EDIT: Typo in the title. -_-
999k is still quite an insane amount for normal people though.
07/19/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Ireneus
999k is still quite an insane amount for normal people though.

So was 214K.

I understand that with everything being added (Higher cost for mounts, BMAH ,etc.) that Blizzard wants people to use those gold sinks, but the gold cap is increased every expansion, so I'm very curious.

I could be wrong, but I think the first time the gold cap was raised was when Cata came out.

I could be wrong, but I think the first time the gold cap was raised was when Cata came out.

Due to increased research of mine, I believe you're right. I thought 214k was only in Wrath.

Well, that answers my main question from this thread!
I thought gold cap was like 2 million or something like that
07/19/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Glìtterstorm
I thought gold cap was like 2 million or something like that

It's sort of 2 million, you can have 1 mil on a player and then 1 mill in a guild bank that the character is in. so the hypothetical gold cap for one realm is 20 million. with mists adding another character slot it would be 22 mil
NO!!!!!
All my characters are dirt poor! If Blizz raises the price for mounts, I'll NEVER get Artisan Riding!

Jogging is good
NO!!!!!
All my characters are dirt poor! If Blizz raises the price for mounts, I'll NEVER get Artisan Riding!

Actually with the expansion coming up you'll make more money because mobs will drop more gold, items will sell for more but the price of artisan flying will stay the same so reaching that goal will be more attainable for you.
Wow has now made gold so easy to get... i remember back in BC my only 70 that had fast flying was my farmer... i have just recently made 35k in about 24 hours playing time, just farming cloth with the relevant potion and selling it +all the disenchanting mats that go with the farming... you just feel like getting fast flying is another grind now and not a reward...

Stop making wow scrub friendly gold, raids are all getting way to easy... only thing that lives on is PVP!
thatnecro.jpeg
How do you even find a thread this old?
2 years old... What dark hole did you have to climb into to find this?
07/15/2014 11:56 PMPosted by Snipertaco
How do you even find a thread this old?

Go to the very back page.
You can google WoW related topics.
07/15/2014 11:57 PMPosted by Alzar

I'm not sure I want to know...how the heck do you find 2 year old threads anyway?
07/16/2014 12:37 AMPosted by Vralok
07/15/2014 11:57 PMPosted by Alzar

I'm not sure I want to know...how the heck do you find 2 year old threads anyway?

By going to the last page of topics.
You really shouldn't necro old threads, but...

07/15/2014 11:54 PMPosted by Kablucharrio
raids are all getting way to easy

The only MoP raid achievement that you even have is Guardians of Mogu'shan. Did you just step into LFR, have some higher iLvl characters breeze through the place, and think that was the end-game raiding scene? ಠ_ಠ

Sure, there's plenty of easily accessible content in WoW, but there are also challenges for any player if they're up to it.

Also, just because gold is easier to come by doesn't mean that each piece has as much buying power. Inflation is a thing.
I love necro threads.

It's like a little treasure hunt just scrolling down to find the post that inevitably comes years later. Makes me feel all giddy inside.