H madness, Adds Phase 2

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
So a few moments ago on my guilds last attempt at H Madness for the night, We got Deathwing to 1 HP and kept hitting him for 10 seconds, but he wouldn't die we wiped from the AE damage. Do we have to kill the Terrors that are up?
Sounds like a bug, can you post the log?

We had a weird bug once, after killing the third platform it went straight into Phase 2 with DW at 40%. It was just a straight burn from 40% to 15% with no raid damage other than the Fragments and Terrors on their regular spawn timer.
It's just a bug, unfortunately.

You can have Terrors and Fragments and Congealing Bloods up and the boss will still die at his certain spot. But yes, just a bug. Shame, really :/
Have never had that happen, have had mutated corruptions not actually spawn at all and no damage actually go out to the raid for the last 5% a few times.

I think the stacking debuff actually effects the fight in weird ways sometimes.
From what I've heard (and this could be wrong, I've never taken the time to search any further on this), it's a bug that occurs when he regains health by eating some of the congealing bloods. I don't know specifics, but this is what I imagine is happening (though keep in mind this is just my speculation, so take this with a grain of salt):

When a blood reaches Deathwing, he regains 1% health. I assume there's some kind of redundancy somewhere in the code, so that his "health" is kept in 2 different spots, one being the HP that is shown to you, and the other is hidden somewhere. What I think is probably happening, is when a blood reaches him, the HP that you are able to see on your screen calculates the 1% regained health properly for each nerf, but the hidden one is hard-coded based on the pre-nerf health. So you end up with the hidden health value being higher than what you get to see. The fight then can't end until you've done enough damage to bring the hidden number to 0 (or whatever the number is that you kill him at, I think he dies somewhere close to 1% but it's been so long since I've paid any attention). Along the same lines as this though, I think it might also be possible that it has nothing to do with bloods but that there is still a hidden health value somewhere that for whatever reason isn't getting decreased by the 30% debuff, so the game thinks you still need to do more damage to kill him.

This could be (and probably is) 100% bull !@#$, it's just a combination of things I've heard and my speculation. I haven't cared enough about it to look into it further since the only way it's affected us is by making our kills take a second or 2 longer.
Have never had that happen, have had mutated corruptions not actually spawn at all and no damage actually go out to the raid for the last 5% a few times.

I think the stacking debuff actually effects the fight in weird ways sometimes.

Why don't we ever get the cool bugs that make fights easier?

All we get is ball sticking/spawning under zon'ozz, the last hagara pillar not chaining, warmaster fire not going away/still spreading in p2/fight randomly despawning/Falling on the way to the 4th platform
07/23/2012 03:10 AMPosted by Ðemolition
Why don't we ever get the cool bugs that make fights easier?

You do get bugs like that. They're called exploits.
Falling on the way to the 4th platform is avoidable by stopping or changing direction just before jumping

Some have said the Blackhorn buggy fire can be controlled by deliberately dodging Barrages until the first Fire spawns, and then soaking the next few

Zonozz ball spawn bugs can be caused by someone being higher on threat than the tank; and if it hits someone immune it can stick. (That's not the whole story of course)