Paul Mccartney

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Totally just got caught lipsyncing. And on the Olympics no less...ouch.
He's old. His voice probably wasn't that great and they did it to save his vocal chords. I see it sometimes for Rammstein shows if the singer has to yell very loudly. However the rest of his singing is legit.

That or he's like Billy Idol and sometimes forgets the lyrics
Yea but $20 says the guy who started the backing track 10 seconds after he started singing never works in that business again.
07/27/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Rosenivy
He's old. His voice probably wasn't that great and they did it to save his vocal chords.

This.

I know when I went to see Elton John that he told everyone that he would sing Yellow Brick Road (a favorite of mine)

but he couldn't do the high notes like he used to, too much for his throat, so he changed it up a bit.
07/27/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Killercaitie
but he couldn't do the high notes like he used to, too much for his throat, so he changed it up a bit.

The good thing is not all artists give up so easily. Ever listen to Judas Priest? That singer can yell so high. I saw them around a year ago. Singer was sixty and did those screams for the majority of the concert. It was just amusing that his voice was great. Yet it took him a few songs to get moving around on stage.
When it comes to such enormous venues as that, most artists do lip sync. At the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Bjork also had to lip sync.

It's not like they built their careers on it, it's just for those very large venues.
07/27/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Killercaitie
He's old. His voice probably wasn't that great and they did it to save his vocal chords.

This.

I know when I went to see Elton John that he told everyone that he would sing Yellow Brick Road (a favorite of mine)

Oh man if you think that's bad, you should listen to how Bob Dylan sings his songs nowadays.
07/27/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Rosenivy

The good thing is not all artists give up so easily. Ever listen to Judas Priest? That singer can yell so high. I saw them around a year ago. Singer was sixty and did those screams for the majority of the concert. It was just amusing that his voice was great. Yet it took him a few songs to get moving around on stage.

Rob Halford's pretty amazing, especially since their shows can go 3+ hours
07/28/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Sansbury
Rob Halford's pretty amazing, especially since their shows can go 3+ hours

I know it was awesome. Every yell he did just made the crowd go into a frenzy. I was more happy when he came out on a motorcycle. That's my fav part.