MoP raid releases will be staggered

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
This would make it easier to get monks raid ready easier.
07/30/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Petriim
Assuming they allow RaF boosting the time it'll take for a serious player to get a monk raid-ready will be only slightly more than the time it takes to get an existing 85 ready. Doesn't really change much.
07/30/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Petriim

Well if the release is September 25 and the vault is avilable one week later than would be October 2 which is plenty of time for Monks to level and be raid ready. I'm a little miffed at having to wait seven days but it isn't that big of a deal.

The real questions are:

-If the first raid is available on October 2nd will heroic be available the next lockout (October 9th)? Any delay greater than that is probably unneccesary.

-What do they mean by a few weeks on the rest of the tier? October 9th? October 16th? I hate the idea of any delays but if they have to October 9th (14 days after release) for normals and October 16th (21 days after release) should be plenty of time for people worried about "staying competitive" to be done leveling and ready to go.

I think even those dates are excessive and there really is no reason to not have everything playable immediately on September 25.
07/30/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Mcbenys

Well if the release is September 25 and the vault is avilable one week later than would be October 2 which is plenty of time for Monks to level and be raid ready. I'm a little miffed at having to wait seven days but it isn't that big of a deal.

The real questions are:

-If the first raid is available on October 2nd will heroic be available the next lockout (October 9th)? Any delay greater than that is probably unneccesary.

-What do they mean by a few weeks on the rest of the tier? October 9th? October 16th? I hate the idea of any delays but if they have to October 9th (14 days after release) for normals and October 16th (21 days after release) should be plenty of time for people worried about "staying competitive" to be done leveling and ready to go.

I think even those dates are excessive and there really is no reason to not have everything playable immediately on September 25.

At the very most I hope that HoF/ToES are delayed a single week. That would allow a choice of knocking out normal mode HoF/ToES or doing heroic Vaults. This would make for a pretty interesting strat choice for a lot of high end guilds.
I missed the delaying the start of raiding part on my first read through. Not a huge fan of waiting a week for raiding to start. I do think that holding Terrace and HoF for a couple weeks after launch could be nice. If they are only held for 2 weeks for the really hardcore the week of sept 25 would be for normal vaults, oct 2 for heroic vaults and then into regular HoF and Terrace on Oct 9. If they do delay raiding for 1 week so the tier starts on oct 2 then I would hope we see HoF and Terrace open on Oct 16th at the absolute latest.
07/30/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Mcbenys

The real questions are:

I definately agree theres no reason to delay the heroic modes.
07/30/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Telepathy
I play to raid. I give 2 !@#$s about doing lame %^- dailies or horrible pet battles. I log on to raid that is all.

I'm mostly in the same boat in terms of what I play WoW for, but I actually like this idea. Having 14 bosses available at release was worrying me, was thinking we'd have to skip clearing some bosses each week for progression time.

I'm probably biased because we only raid two days a week, though.
07/30/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Suzushiiro
Assuming they allow RaF boosting the time it'll take for a serious player to get a monk raid-ready will be only slightly more than the time it takes to get an existing 85 ready. Doesn't really change much.

Well even if people had to lvl 1-90 for raiding starting immediately that wouldn't stop the truly devoted for the monk class but I have to think that there are those who wouldn't level a monk 1-90 because of not getting geared in time for raiding compared to playing their current main.

I'm not saying that they absolutely should gate it for 1 week I'm just giving a positive for delaying it. Obviously there are lots of serious raiders who want to start raiding immediately and don't want to wait a week. There are many negatives to gating it. Most specifically that it doesn't effect those who don't take advantage of it. And hurts those who want to raid immediately.
I would be perfectly fine with them delaying Vaults for 1 week and Heart/Terrace for 2 weeks after that. A suitable timeframe to situate oneself with the expansion, get many people on relatively the same page and make a game plan. Waiting too long for Heart/Terrace is probably the biggest risk they could take, waiting too long will definitely be cause for complaints.

So long as when these raids do unlock, everything is unlocked. Extra, artificial gates just cause even more problems. Except for clearing normal to unlock heroic, which has always been reasonable.
I would be perfectly fine with them delaying Vaults for 1 week and Heart/Terrace for 2 weeks after that. A suitable timeframe to situate oneself with the expansion, get many people on relatively the same page and make a game plan. Waiting too long for Heart/Terrace is probably the biggest risk they could take, waiting too long will definitely be cause for complaints.

So long as when these raids do unlock, everything is unlocked. Extra, artificial gates just cause even more problems. Except for clearing normal to unlock heroic, which has always been reasonable.

Artificial gates is what they are doing to it if they delay it at all. Why do people need a delay on raiding? Any actual raiding guild will have all normal content cleared week 1 no matter what, we have before and plan to again. I don't see why Blizzard feels they need to step in and screw with things. If we want to play 72 hours on MoP release to clear raids, why the hell can't we do it. My enjoyment for the game comes from doing things quickly.

I've been server first leveling for, at a minimum, my class each xpac. I don't like slow leveling or slow raiding. Sunwell worked nicely due to how hard it was as majority of guilds weren't at the gate by the time it was opened anyway. If every guild is sitting at the same point for no reason other than Blizzard wanting to "pace raiding" is just dumb. If they can't make hard raiding content, then we'll be bored, but don't try to "pace" us and cover it up with wanting everyone to be on the same playing field.
That sound you heard was 1 and 2 night guilds breathing a collective sigh of relief. =p

A 16 boss tier would have been brutal for them.
Looks like there are multiple tiers of content within one tier, as stated in the preview.

My guess is Vaults is unlocked on October 2nd (normal) and the heroic mode is unlocked whenever you defeat normal, which for high end raiders would be October 9th. As long as there isn't any sort of gating limiting the number of bosses we have access to, I think this is perfectly fine.

They mentioned that the other two raids would be released weeks after Vaults. It's suppose to be a two part story so I have no idea if there is going to be a gap between the next two raid instances either. What they did say is that these raids would have higher iLvL loot as they plan for us to be geared from Vaults. As long as it's only half a tier higher this wouldn't obsolete Vaults at all, at least for those of us who are killing heroic bosses.

To me this doesn't sound bad at all, as long as the grace period between Vaults and the other two raids (which contains 10 bosses) isn't longer than say, a month. I can certainly chew on leveling, heroics, challenge modes, normal vaults, two world bosses and heroic vaults for the first month or so.

For those interested in a race it would likely play out more like a three part race. The race starts when heroic vaults is unlocked and then starts up again when the next two raid instances are released weeks later. I have no idea if the second to third raid has a gap, but I presume not.

I think even some of the guilds who raid 5-7 days a week (for brutal amount of hours) during high progression periods might be breathing sighs of relief as well. I remember complaints of how brutal T11 was with just 13 bosses, 16 bosses of that caliber would be even worse, naturally.
To Blizzard;

Stop Lowering everyone to the lowest common denominator with handicaps being put in constantly.

Next expansion, would you delay releasing content 6 months, because Jimmy is slow at leveling, but deserves a shot at WORLD FIRST?

Also, STOP RUSHING YOUR EXPANSIONS.
It's ridiculous that you're planning to release the game with 1/3rd of the endgame in tact, you should learn from past mistakes and know that this pisses off the target demographic that does your raids.

Your deadline of beating the annual pass is hurting your game's quality, and you're going to just hurt your reputation and loyal customer base. (Coming from someone who's enjoyed Blizzard entertainment products since the 16 bit days)
This sounds like a good idea.
Having a gap between the release of Heart/Terrace and having one be a requirement for the other (which I doubt they will do) will definitely make for a more compelling story line for these raids.

I am actually glad that the raids will be gated. A full week to prep for raiding is going to be nice, it definitely changes our plans around, lol.
A full week to prep for raiding is going to be nice.

I don't think anyone is concerned about a week. The concern is about more than a week. If October 2nd means vaults is open a reasonable timetable is the later two raids normal modes and heroic vaults are one week later (October 9th) but note that blog said a few weeks.

There's no reason to slow down the fastest guilds.
07/30/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Mcbenys
There's no reason to slow down the fastest guilds.

Maybe it's not about slowing the fastest guilds but instead not overwhelming the regular/slow guilds.... as well as helping prevent burnout by staggering content releases and therefor having less down-time between tiers as well as more time spent on new content.

As I asked in the thread a ~month ago... how does it hurt you if you have to wait a little for your raid content? Why is waiting such a big deal?
I think this is a fantastic idea. It lets people that like both raiding and stopping to smell the roses as they level up not feel like they have to choose, helps guilds that want to switch to using monks not be at such a huge disadvantage, and relieves the pressure to take off work and play unhealthy levels for the good of your guildmates if you don't really want to.

However, I'll echo a few comments already made that bear repeating:

- The gating shouldn't be TOO long. 1 week for normal mode Vaults is sufficient. 2-3 weeks after that for the next tier to show up should be fine - anything more is pushing it. I'd also be fine with spreading it over 4-6 weeks total, opening up only Heart of Fear next, and waiting a short while after that for Terrace.

- Heroic modes should only be gated with the specific instance (so clearing Vaults opens up heroic Vaults, clearing Heart of Fear opens up Heroic Heart of fear, and so on).
Mains AND alts at 90 before raiding begins! Sweet, gotta love dat leveling experience, pretty much the reason I play this game. Not to mention mop leveling is so freaking awesome with how long it takes and how fun it is to fly, wait no, RIDE to different quest hubs because quests dried up.

At least the raids are staggered. Hopefully they fired whoever had their "hand on the dial" with DS nerfs and the new guy can release sizable chunks of content at a reasonable enough pace.