MoP raid releases will be staggered

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
08/01/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Crithto
Just curious, why is raid finder being released a week after normal version?

This is a matter of striking a balance between preserving the feeling of guild progression and making the content accessible to players outside of organized guilds. We definitely want to see everyone have a chance to experience Mists of Pandaria raid content, so holding Raid Finder mode for a week feels like a reasonable window of time to accommodate players of all stripes.

For everything that thinks this is a good idea: Get ready to wait months for the second set of raids.

We thought our intent was made pretty clear in the Blizzard Insider article, as well as in my original post. But, if it’ll ease your concern, I’ll be more specific!

Raid dungeons Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring are scheduled to be released on normal difficulty four weeks after Mogu'shan Vaults has been opened. ;)

Why are you trying to limit how much we can raid? I just don't get it. You guys(Blizzard) keep going on about how casuals/bads should be able to see content at their own rate when they want to, ie LFR, but hardcore players get screwed over now and it's "We think it's better this way" Why are you guys going out of your way to take a shot at the loyal customers?

I know there are some loyal people who aren't raiders, but I know that almost all raiders are loyal or they wouldn't be playing anymore with how raiding has been lately.
I'll assume by this post then that 463--483 is apparently "reasonable," though I fail to see how.
Four weeks? Why? That's a little silly. That's a lot waiting. Hope you don't get stuck on a heroic MV boss I guess or you'll have a long couple weeks.

Don't get me wrong.. I really liked the idea of a week delay, but not 4 weeks for the 2nd set of raids. I don't see how that can be viewed as anything BUT extending content length. People will gear up much slower with such a small number of bosses.

Makes you wonder how far out T15 will be if they want to delay 2/3 of T14 for a full month.
So to be clear, the full schedule for US realms is:

September 25: MoP launches
October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.
Raid dungeons Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring are scheduled to be released on normal difficulty four weeks after Mogu'shan Vaults has been opened. ;)

4 weeks? I was supportive of the decision to gate the raids because I assumed you would unlock Heart of Fear 1 week after Mogu'shan Vaults, and Terrace of Endless Spring one week after Heart of Fear.

Doing it this way is going to break up progression in a very frustrating way where high end guilds are going to end up clearing Mogu'shan vaults on regular the week it is opened, and then spending 2 weeks progressing on the heroic version of those encounters, just to shift back into regular modes for the other two raids.
08/01/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Telepathy
I just don't get what Blizzard wants me to do all week.

08/01/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Telepathy
Leveling will take 12-15 hours judging by beta. Gearing for raids will take 12-24 hours. Then...... nothing to do until Tuesday. I almost have more to do each week now than I will at MoP release, sweet, just what I was hoping for.

You have 40 hours of things to do right now on live? What should you do all week? 40 hours ISN'T ENOUGH!?!?! 40 hours is the playtime of most single player games.

Honestly, I am glad Blizzard isn't catering to people like you. You really have lost all sense of reality. But here's an idea of what you can do after you spend ~40 hours in one week getting ready to raid... LOG OFF THE GAME.

good to know

Bit longer than i was expecting, but hey. No rush.
08/01/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Vêx
Eneia, I show your first raid achievement dated in like last december after release with your first clear in mid-January. Based on that time table from Cata, a week isn't really going to impact you much.

Artificial gating is a crock.

And it's not the same guild that we started with in Cataclysm, we're set to do much better this time around.

Hopefully the week isn't going to impact you that much.

It won't really. We killed our first boss on day 7 of that first week, after midnight no less. I thought about it over the past week when they tentatively announced the delay, and I realized that it was unlikely to really have any big impact. Instead of raiding Monday night, I'll raid Tuesday night. One day won't kill me, and so I said since it doesn't really impact me much, and others feel much more strongly about having this week - then let them.
You have 40 hours of things to do right now on live? What should you do all week? 40 hours ISN'T ENOUGH!?!?! 40 hours is the playtime of most single player games.

Honestly, I am glad Blizzard isn't catering to people like you. You really have lost all sense of reality. But here's an idea of what you can do after you spend ~40 hours in one week getting ready to raid... LOG OFF THE GAME.

My plan is probably 6 hours a day Tue-Thu, and hoping to hit 90 on Friday with a longer shift. That leaves Sat-Mon for gearing and professions, etc. It's a tough week, especially on top of a job - but it's once every 2 years.
08/01/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Poena
I just don't get what Blizzard wants me to do all week.

Leveling will take 12-15 hours judging by beta. Gearing for raids will take 12-24 hours. Then...... nothing to do until Tuesday. I almost have more to do each week now than I will at MoP release, sweet, just what I was hoping for.

You wonder why I don't play many single player games.

So because I choose to take time off of work for expansions because they are the only real fun I have in the game due to the rush of starting raiding that I have no sense of reality? Or because I am doing a lot of arena right now I have no sense of reality?

Trust me, if I'd have known this was Blizzards idea I just as hell wouldn't have taken time off for it. I'm not asking Blizzard to cater to me at all. I'm merely asking why they are taking away things from me.
08/01/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Iwas

4 weeks? I was supportive of the decision to gate the raids because I assumed you would unlock Heart of Fear 1 week after Mogu'shan Vaults, and Terrace of Endless Spring one week after Heart of Fear.

Doing it this way is going to break up progression in a very frustrating way where high end guilds are going to end up clearing Mogu'shan vaults on regular the week it is opened, and then spending 2 weeks progressing on the heroic version of those encounters, just to shift back into regular modes for the other two raids.

Overall I have no issues with the plan, but I agree here that it's going to feel very disjointed when many guilds are going to already be attempting heroic raids before suddenly normals on the same tier are unlocked. Four weeks is just overkill. Two weeks would be more reasonable. If you're already in heroics in that time frame, then normal is already nothing to your group.
Four weeks seems a bit too long, two to three weeks would fit much better.
Looks like they read 2 posts out of the couple hundred in that thread.

Unfortunately it was the troll posts they read.

The reality? The raids won't be completed for September 25th, and they're giving themselves an extra month to actually finish them.
08/01/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Trogdoroth

This.

I could get behind two weeks, but four weeks feels excessive.
4 weeks is ALOT. Not for the normal type of guilds, but for the more competitive, that are the most affected by this, this is actually bad for them. That means that Paragon and other top guilds will basicly have to stay super active on a very long period of time between mogu'shan and the last 2 raids. I doubt all these people can deal a 2 months vacation at their job.
I could have sworn I heard at Blizzcon that heroic mode was going to be open from the beginning and wouldn't require a normal clear to please the top guilds who don't see the point and zerg the raids on normal anyway.
08/01/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Fierydemise

This.

I could get behind two weeks, but four weeks feels excessive.
It's fine as long as H-Vaults isn't such a joke that more people than the front page of WoWProgress clear it in the first week or two. From what I've tested it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Solid plan. Will be nice to not have to cram every aspect of getting ready for raiding into a day or two and start raiding the following. Carry on
I support the raid release schedule 100%. It was way too stressful and actually took the fun out of trying to clear so much content in a short amount of time. Keep it at 4 weeks as this makes the most sense. GJ Blizz.
08/01/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Telepathy
So because I choose to take time off of work for expansion

08/01/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Telepathy
I'm merely asking why they are taking away things from me.

... sounds like they just gave back to you. Now you don't have to waste your vacation on a game. Recall your vacation days and use them for something important like visiting your family/friends/some place new... rather than a game you could have enjoyed without taking off from work to play.

Seriously... just because they aren't releasing the raid at launch doesn't mean they ARE TAKING THINGS FROM YOU. It is a game and You aren't losing anything. It is a game and You aren't losing anything. Repeat this mantra to yourself over and over until it sinks in.