Brewfest & MOP

Achievements
Well, I certainly felt slighted after coming across this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5035603686?page=1

Blue post on EU forums:
"Nakatoir
Community
Brewfest will be updated for Mists of Pandaria. This means that you will have approximately 10 days after the release of Mists of Pandaria to reach level 89 in order to queue for the Brewfest dungeon boss. Luckily though, a lot of the content does not have a level requirement so you will still be able to participate in a lot of the fun even if you are not level 89 :)

...We will not rule out the possibility of this changing, but currently the level requirements will remain the same through the entirety of the event. So you will not be able to access Coren Direbrew until Mists of Pandaria has been released."

So, Blizz, let me get this straight, your coming out with an all new expansion, lots of new zones and things to do, new quests, new factions...but you want us all to skim by it just to power level up for a Holiday event that's going to be half over before many people even meet the min level requirements...On top of that, casual players who like to take their time and experience the content, will be forced to wait yet another year to complete this holiday achievement for their meta.

"This is not a good idea, this does not even look like a good idea. Did you look at it? No, I couldn't even expect you to have looked at it! Take 3 seconds to spend some effort and even look at this idea and you would know it was not a good idea...Ohhhh you disappoint me"
if that is true that is pretty ridiculous, for anyone who already has both mounts, go eff yourselves you lucky SoBs -.- . ill be taking classes so 10 days to powerlevel 4 levels will mean i probably wont be able to enjoy my first 2 weeks of the game
Would be nice if they could extend or delay the event, I don't see how that could be a super hard thing to do. Even if it might be, it would be nice. Something like this would go a long way for people.
Seeing how they handled things for much of this expansion...this doesn't surprise me in the least. =/
Blizz, you have been striving as of late to make us go through the zones slowly to buy them time between patches and to have us experience the world you've created for us. To raise the level on Coren right now.. thats bull. Your being complete hypocrites here >_> Nor is it in any way fun for the people who want to enjoy the expac on their first trip to Pandaria and have a chance at the holiday mounts which both should be allowed! School's already started for those in ordinary school, as some of other posters on this forum and a forum i actively post on about WoW, semesters have already begun or are about to begin. The expac is seriously released almost a week into Brewfest which only lasts for 2 weeks and a couple days.

Edit: Had to edit wording around, i originally posted this on the forum i actively post on so it wouldn't of made sense to the posters here otherwise
This does seem pretty lame especially considering in the Pet Battles beta fourm there's a blue stating reason for limiting the sale of captured pets becasue they want people to go out into the world and find them. So people that want to do the Brewfest have to speed through leveling to 89-90, skimming through conent anyway. Monks are are just going to be hosed though I guess there will be a handful of nuts that get to 89-90 a week or less after release.

You just know that if Brewfest was left at lvl 85, you'd see people !@#$%ing about Blizzard not updating the stuff.
07/29/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Nyssa
You just know that if Brewfest was left at lvl 85, you'd see people !@#$%ing about Blizzard not updating the stuff.

And I think that's part of the reason for the level restriction. The brewfest trinkets and weapons have been updated to include some decent pre-raid level 90 gear.
07/29/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Mcbenys

And I think that's part of the reason for the level restriction. The brewfest trinkets and weapons have been updated to include some decent pre-raid level 90 gear.

Doesn't mean they should leave it on the date its set for, IMO they should delay or just bump it off a week or two. Shouldn't be hard.
It looks like they are delaying it now by "just over a week".

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5035603686?page=6#118
Apparently a few days is "just over a week" -

Here's to another year of no mounts and probably only because Blizzard won't have the 85 available for no reason at all.
It's not "for no reason". It's Pandamonium! The level cap is 90 now. If Coren was still dropping level 85 gear even more people would be complaining.
09/28/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Shalura
It's not "for no reason". It's Pandamonium! The level cap is 90 now. If Coren was still dropping level 85 gear even more people would be complaining.

It isn't hard at put a variable in to allow sub 89's to phase into the 85 instance and people above 89 to phase into the 90.

Sorry.
09/28/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Schwert

It isn't hard at put a variable in to allow sub 89's to phase into the 85 instance and people above 89 to phase into the 90.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Agreed, another gripe about mop, don't they look farther ahead then their nose?
While I agree this may not be hard to some, it is hard for me. I don't have time to play very long, and it really pisses me off that Blizzard seems to think this is OK. I have to assume they figure if I don't do it this year I can do it next. But with that kind of attitude, I have to say, I won't be here next year, hell I won't be here after my game time runs out in a month or two.

So, I'd lower the level req to 85. Last year the event was 80 as I recall.

Thanks.
I'm a bit baffled as to why they buffed the boss and trinkets to 90 but didn't touch the weapons.

So, I'd lower the level req to 85. Last year the event was 80 as I recall.

Negative. It was 85 with an 84 lvl requirement last year. It's been like this since they first even introduced holiday bosses. The main goal is and always will be level capped/end game. If you quit now over it? Lol, well whatever. Enjoy your newfound stressless free time. :)
Just adding fuel to my fire. I'm not anywhere near 90 and haven't even been trying for that yet. Now today I find some free time to do brewfest and see that I can't even get that achievement because I'm still 85. I don't have time to scan all the forums and posts and I just want to get on and play. I can't believe they expect us to be 90 in this length of time unless you have a LOT of playtime. I just had 3 achievements to get this done and now it will be another year.
The question is, do you desperately want the achievement this year?

If yes, you need to knuckle down and level to 89.
If no, do your thing and run it next year.

That's pretty much what it boils down to. Blizzard already pushed the holiday back and extended it. They can't do much else without screwing up all the following holidays.