What should my dps be?

Paladin
Yeah it realy is, My group kills him in about 2 hour of twilights (we have been 8/8 HM since the 10% nerf so we are geared out the !@#, ret is my OS at a 401 Ilvl) I think the lowest DPS was about 40k with our rouge and hunter being closer to60-70k im not sure of the actual date or I would link the logs to show. But with a good group a 390 ret paladin can do 40k on this boss. The only reason I remember the Ilvl and dps is because I was 5k off ranking, and 2 DPS dies at 10% draging the fight and droping my DPS, I was so sad Lol
First off no matter how many fadings you get, if you clip it by a gcd it will hardly affect your dps at all.

Second off, on ultraxion most of the top 200 ret's have the same skill cap so rankings pretty much come down to pure RNG, DP procs, tent damage, and Exorcism procs. Even crits at the start of the pull or with the creche popped.
First off no matter how many fadings you get, if you clip it by a gcd it will hardly affect your dps at all.

Second off, on ultraxion most of the top 200 ret's have the same skill cap so rankings pretty much come down to pure RNG, DP procs, tent damage, and Exorcism procs. Even crits at the start of the pull or with the creche popped.

Don't forget the possibility of feeding Tricks and Unholy Frenzy and such to beef up parses.
For sure.
08/01/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Oranthor

How do you think I feel? I think my best was 38K (not all fights posted to wol) before I got these last three or so heroic pieces this past week. I thought it was pretty good anyway. lol

I'll find out Thursday what kind of dps I can do with this new heroic gear. I'm hoping for 38k to 40k.

Come on good luck for fading light to pad dps numbers and look leet!

Well good luck man, but you should also make sure your other DPS are higher aswell. the shorter the fight is the higher our DPS is on ultrax, I may be mistaken but I belive at one point at a 395 Ilvl I did 45-50k on ultra just because the other DPS was so high I was still comeing down from my CD phase.

Ah. I was wondering. There is another thread with a Ret similarly geared who's logs showed 43K but the fight took about 2.5 mins whereas our fights take about 4.5 mins.
<3 Ultra.

Haven't done it with my new gear though. With all CDs raging I peak about 58k and start to fall back down to around 40k. Last parse was 39.5.

Our Warrior once burst 120 >.>
Rankings can come down to rng, as an aussie playing on 250ms nothing is sweeter then cracking the top 25 for ultrax and i have to say its even more satisfying when the nearest Aussie ret is a full 150 ranks away :)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Dragon_Soul/Ultraxion/25H/Retribution_Paladin/

My medium of dps for ultrax is mostly 90th percentile and up on epeen bot ( Except the 20 eprcentile one helps if u are not in pre pot set during a boss fight>><)