[H] Trivia Night - Aug 3 (Fri) @ 10:30pm ST

Barthilas
Cataclysm 1000 Trivia Night - with prizes! August 3 (Fri) @ 10:30pm ST

Date: Friday August 3, 2012
Time: 10:30pm-12am ST
Place: Outside Garrosh's room (Valley of Strength, Orgrimmar)

~*~

Intro

Back in early 2011, two TriviaBot addicts got tired of all the outdated questions and decided to write their own, giving rise to the Cataclysm Trivia 500. But the game moved on, and in time, these questions also began to gather dust.

So now we present to you... the Cataclysm Trivia 1000!
  • The original 500 questions + 500 new questions (including content from 4.2 onwards- FL, Molten Front, DS, LFR, HoTs, DMF etc.)
  • Expect questions on any aspect of WoW you can think of- raids, arenas, quests, achievements, class mechanics and more!
  • The updated database of 1000 questions will be uploaded to Curse after the event.

Note: Due to the nature of the TriviaBot mod, the awarding of points will be final. Remember - it's only a game, so leave the nerdrage at the door and have fun!

~*~

Trivia master: Indomie (will be running TriviaBot)
Distributor of prizes: Etuliela

~*~

Prizes

1st place: 5k
2nd place: 2.5k
3rd place: 1k
Runners-up (4th and 5th): 500g

*** The top 3 contestants will also have the chance to roll off against each other to win one Vial of the Sands ***
(/roll 100, highest roller wins)

Fastest correct answer: 1 stack of swiftness potions
Longest win streak: 1 stack of fortune cookies

Door prizes: 250g x 2, illusion pots, fortune cookies

~*~

Hope to see you there!
WUT DIS TRIVIA, HOW I PLAY?!

1. Type your answer in /say , don't whisper me or /yell, the bot can't detect that :(

2. Don't just type fast, but make sure you spell the answer right, or somebody else will ninja it!

3. Be resourceful! Open your map or open the dungeon/raid journal to check for answers, or even ask a friend!

4. There will be a lot of spamming, as always. The best way to keep track of the questions is to turn on your speech bubbles and watch my character.

5. Blink often, or you'll dry out your eyes staring at the screen and you'll go blind and die. There is a 10 seconds interval between each question for you to blink as much as you want.

6. Only top 3 scores will be shown at regular intervals. 4th and 5th places are hidden until the final score is announced. So if you don't see your name in the top 3, keep at it, you might be in 4th place going on 3rd with just a few more points!
TriviaBot

bots are illegal

so is spam
you rat!
I played this last week and came first, but I nearly had a hernia so I'm not playing again. Best of luck to everyone!

bots are illegal

so is spam

It's technically an addon with a speech function dissimilar to Wakespams or Trade Hawking addons, hardly illegal or against the ToS. Also, spam is localised to the front of Garrosh's building; you don't have to be subject to it if you don't want to.
u can use it to afk in bgs

bot

illegal
07/30/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Solar
I played this last week and came first, but I nearly had a hernia so I'm not playing again. Best of luck to everyone!

*** Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any injuries sustained during trivia events- play at your own risk!! ***

(If you notice any lumps that appear when you cough, please consult your local doctor.)

bot

illegal

-gives cheese-

bot

illegal

are you going to report them for bringing some community activities to an mmo? Its a heinous crime I know.

It's technically an addon with a speech function dissimilar to Wakespams or Trade Hawking addons, hardly illegal or against the ToS. Also, spam is localised to the front of Garrosh's building; you don't have to be subject to it if you don't want to.

to avoid anyone reporting you for spam, i suggest you hold the event in a neutral zone. perhaps Ice Crown where Chillmaw does her little fly around - for old times sake aye
To get warmed up... Cataclysm Millionaire! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX5KI_5JhFQ (Unfortunately we don't have 50 million gold to give away!)

to avoid anyone reporting you for spam, i suggest you hold the event in a neutral zone. perhaps Ice Crown where Chillmaw does her little fly around - for old times sake aye

Icecrown... too cold D:
Bump.

Will be expecting a fierce competition. We have several hardcore players attending.
*** ANNOUNCEMENT *** To clarify matters- the trivia has been moved to the trivia channel to circumvent the existence of an addon which could be used to cheat. As such, the scores before the move to trivia channel have been halved.
These will be added to the scores from trivia channel at the end of the night.

Piratebutler: 85 -> 43
Squadalaman: 49 -> 25
Josémourinho: 40 -> 20
Trîñîty: 13 -> 7
Owlpacino: 10 -> 5
*** TRIVIA WINNERS ***

#1 Josémourinho - 82
#2 Squadalaman - 81 (Winner of the Vial!)
#3 Piratebutler - 43

Runners-up
#4 Trîñîty - 15
#5 Impostar - 9

Speed record: Josémourinho (2.27s)
Win-streak record: Squadalaman (6 in a row)

Door prizes
250g: Squadalaman
1 stack of illusion pots: Owlpacino
1 stack of fortune cookies: Josemourinho
1 stack of illusion pots: Bubbles
250g: Owlpacino
1 stack of fortune cookies: Eyegar
1 stack of illusion pots: Trinity
1 stack of fortune cookies: Owlpacino

Door prizes and speed/win-streak prizes mailed out to winners.

Thanks all for participating! :)
Should hopefully have the questions up on Curse in a day or two, need to fix a few things first.

We'll be running the trivia just for fun on future Friday nights from 11pm-12am ST, stay tuned if you're not tired of it already ;)
Congrats to all the winners! And bad luck to those who tried but failed to get into top 5! There will be more next time. Thanks for playing!
That was a fun event despite that some people couldn't shut up. Glad you could circumvent the cheat by making a new channel.

I'll be back for more trivias to answer :D
All 1000 questions are now available for download on Curse:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/triviabot_catatrivia1000