New Transmog Rules/Restrictions

General Discussion
Just how I feel they should be. Please give suggestions and offer feedback :)

1H - Mace, Sword, Axe (Dagger & Fists?) ~ Remove Main Hand restriction (Fists are the exception to the removal), keep unique.

2H - Mace, Sword, Axe, Polearm, Staff ~ Keep Unique restriction.

Shields - Possibly allow shields to be made into Offhand type items though not likely for (what should be) obvious reasons.

Ranged - Already taken care of.

Weapons can be made to look like legendaries but legendaries can not be made to look like lesser weapons (Uncommons, Rares, Epics). Of course, anything you're not able to use for your class cannot be transmogged to still.

Helms - Open transmog available, regardless if stats exist and armor classification.

Tabards - Open transmog on tabards but only if the faction the tabard you're wearing represents has reached Exalted status though not high on the list because of what the represent in my opinion.

PvP Armor - Allow titles from RBG's to give you access to old PvP gear models for transmog.

Proficency Transmogrification - When a class upgrades from one armor type to another as you level, you are given the ability to transmogrify your previous armor set to your current armor. For example, allow Warriors and Paladins to use Mail armor for transmogrification. Allow Shaman and Hunters to use Leather armor for transmogrification. ~ Idea given by Kinria

Grey/White Armor - Possibly allow Grey/White items to be used for transmogrification. ~ Idea from Herina

All other armor keep the same.
♦1H - Mace, Sword, Axe (Dagger?) ~ Remove Main Hand restriction, keep unique.

Cannot due to models bugging out.

♦Shields - Possibly allow shields to be made into Offhand type items.

That doesn't even make sense.

♦Tabards - Open transmog on tabards but only if the faction the tabard you're wearing represents has reached Exalted status.

There are no MoP rep tabards, so no need to worry. If you represent a faction, you best be showing off your tabard.
As for the shields, tis why I said possibly. It's not one I'm in favor for but I was trying to please everyone.

Swords, axes and maces can be fixed, you know it's possible and, with a feature that is still under development, is likely.

And I plenty agree with what you said about tabards but again, it's something that people ask for :)
Just how I feel they should be. Please give suggestions and offer feedback :)

Shields - Possibly allow shields to be made into Offhand type items.

Just curious, but are you referring to something like transmogging a shield into a book (OH)?
♦ 1H - Mace, Sword, Axe (Dagger?) ~ Remove Main Hand restriction, keep unique.

♦ 2H - Mace, Sword, Axe, Polearm, Staff ~ Keep Unique restriction.

Would be nice if the models don't bug as the other person said. I'd like to transmog my 2H axe to look like a big 'ol 2H sword

♦ Shields - Possibly allow shields to be made into Offhand type items.

Bad idea for PvP. A prot pally could make their shield look like an offhand and you can't tell by looking that they have a decent block chance.

Just curious, but are you referring to something like transmogging a shield into a book (OH)?

I was, to appease the Paladins and Shaman who prefer a shield over an offhand or vice versa. It would fit in a way of using the light and their teachings to protect them even though it would probably look odd using a book while tanking.

I was, to appease the Paladins and Shaman who prefer a shield over an offhand or vice versa. It would fit in a way of using the light and their teachings to protect them even though it would probably look odd using a book while tanking.

Ah, I see. I see where you're coming from though.
I would like the old PvP ranking system restrictions removed from the Horde Pally gear and the Ally Shaman gear, because that gear did not exist during the old PvP system. The only people who can transmog that gear got the ranks as a horde shaman or an alliance paladin and then did a faction transfer, which I think is unfair.
08/01/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Bathin
As for the shields, tis why I said possibly. It's not one I'm in favor for but I was trying to please everyone.

You can never please everyone. No point in doing something stupid just so that everyone can feel involved.

You can never please everyone. No point in doing something stupid just so that everyone can feel involved.

Very good point sir.

08/01/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Geryth
I would like the old PvP ranking system restrictions removed from the Horde Pally gear and the Ally Shaman gear, because that gear did not exist during the old PvP system. The only people who can transmog that gear got the ranks as a horde shaman or an alliance paladin and then did a faction transfer, which I think is unfair.

It won't matter in MoP, if you have the title on one you should have it on all.
08/01/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Garsid

that's only true for a couple weapons (namely fists)

there are maaaany models in the game listed as "main hand" that have one-hand versions with the exact same graphics.

but it's a moot point as the main hand restriction is being removed for most weapons in MoP as long as you're equipping the weapon in your main hand (eg: currently, if you have a one-handed mace in your mail hand, you can't use a main-hand mace to transmog it; that's being lifted in MoP)
You maid me realize I completely forgot fist weapons, thank you :P

Would that removal mean that old Vanilla, BC, WotLK and Cata items have that restriction removed as well?
08/01/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Duskstalker
but it's a moot point as the main hand restriction is being removed for most weapons in MoP as long as you're equipping the weapon in your main hand (eg: currently, if you have a one-handed mace in your mail hand, you can't use a main-hand mace to transmog it; that's being lifted in MoP)

I've heard this as well. So basically you are telling me that I can finally mog my Souldrinker (or mop equivalent) into the Firethorn Mindslicer that's been collecting dust in my bags forever? I think it's more tanky looking than the Beth sword to go with my t12 normal mog gear.

I always thought they should let the transmogrification restriction leak the other way in this case. i.e. if you have a one-hand dagger and want to transmogrify to a main-hand dagger, then you should be able to do that, but your dagger can then only be used in the main-hand. The same with off-hand on a one-hand. Naturally, you couldn't transmogrify an off-hand with a main-hand.
08/01/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Vhivi

I always thought they should let the transmogrification restriction leak the other way in this case. i.e. if you have a one-hand dagger and want to transmogrify to a main-hand dagger, then you should be able to do that, but your dagger can then only be used in the main-hand. The same with off-hand on a one-hand. Naturally, you couldn't transmogrify an off-hand with a main-hand.

That is happening in MoP.

If they programmed all these "special rules" before launching the feature, we'd have to wait for MoP to have transmog at all.
08/01/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Melaroi

I've heard this as well. So basically you are telling me that I can finally mog my Souldrinker (or mop equivalent) into the Firethorn Mindslicer that's been collecting dust in my bags forever? I think it's more tanky looking than the Beth sword to go with my t12 normal mog gear.

that's my understanding, as long as you're using a Main-Hand weapon to transmog a weapon equipped in your main hand.

personally, I think they should just change all the main hand weapons to one-hand... except for fists (which do indeed have separate MH/OH graphics in a lot of cases), the main hand restriction was almost entirely put in place to prevent shaman from dual-wielding caster weapons (in the days when an ele or resto shaman could dip just enough points into enhance to pickup dual-wield)
The main thing I want is the helm change. My Cursed Vision of Sargeras would go amazingly with my set imo and I can't use it :(

Not to mention the gas masks, think of the gas masks!
Bumping for more feedback :o

A lot of these are symmetrical. How would it cause model bugging?

2H - Mace, Sword, Axe, Polearm, Staff ~ Keep Unique restriction.

I'd love it if I could transmog my weapon to look like a different weapon. I am not terribly fond of using maces, and even less fond of using axes. I'd love it if I could use a sword or pole-arm again. This toon's transmog looks pretty good with one of those vanilla WoW pole-arms with the broad blade on the end.