Demo PvP in MoP

Warlock
I know the concept of demonology in PvP has been more or less scoffed at since the days of sl/sl but I actually think demo will be viable in MoP based off of what I've seen but I'm curious about what some of you other locks are thinking about how MoP is shaping up for arena. Input and suggestions/opinions. Gogo.

Pros:
-Solid defensive cooldowns now (finally)
-A shorter version of disengage that puts us in demo form on a relatively short CD
-Able to put out a lot more damage on the fly now with HoG being instant cast along with imp swarm and demonic slash
-Not shut down by dispels
-Demo just seems more... fun than it has for a while imo.
-Strong CCs on different DRs

Cons:
-Could probably still get shut down relatively easily damage-wise with double melee training you (archimonde's vengeance + immo aura? hm?)
-Still pet reliant but pets don't seem to blow up immediately anymore since they get resil now

Spec I'm contemplating running with:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-specification#VZ!011100!dVghjn

Comp I'm considering:
Demo/enhance/healer -- why? Because it sounds like fun and it'll be the first time in a while that both of those specs are actually viable without running some cheese comp.
I half always thought 3 times before speccing into demo :\ Ever since BC its always been the "noob" spec for me...

ALTHO I do agree, it might just become very very viable choice for arenas, or any pvp really.

The damage seems more than decent, and the ammount of pets you summon could come in useful in more than one way. (Imagine a priest fearing near you and 5 of your pets taking the fear instead of players)

I'll personally probably won't jump on the Demo wagon, but there is potential :) G luck!
Wrong, Xpacs are all about Blizzard getting me hot and bothered with all the "cool" new changes then right before the release they defecate in my mouth. Now some people like that stuff, but personally I hate bad breath.
Well it's not that I'm on a 'demo bandwagon' but rather a 'I don't want to be forced into affliction for another xpac for pvp' bandwagon.

In wrath for a while I did Demo PvE just for lulz and periodically do demo pvp in bgs just to mess around with it. I've never minded the concept, I just didn't enjoy how terrible it was for PvP.

I definitely think glyph of demon hunting could really be a point that makes demo pvp shine in areas that it used to be weak. Example being the lock is getting trained by two melee, switch to dark ap. for reduced damage form and use hellfire + demonic slash form to build up demonic fury for other instants. Once they switch off go back to caster form or go straight to norm demon form to throw out some hardcast burst.

Bearing in mind that this is only from my experience on the 85 PTR. Sadly I haven't bee able to get on the beta servers.
I don't think demo will ever be stronger than affliction in PvP because as affliction you have 80% of your damage roughly from dots, whereas for demonology too much of your damage comes from having to hard cast spells. Demonology would be far too easy to cc in pvp, affliction you just cant cc the chain instant casts and super fast casting UA.

Affliction is also really good constant pressure, and demonology (granted there is a lot more uptime on Meta in MoP) requires you to wait around a lot for burst. It could be good in some situations, but warlocks work really well now as a constant pressure class.
No I definitely agree that afflic will always (sadly) be the go-to PvP spec for locks in arena. But the thing is, I absolutely despise afflic pvp which is why I'm looking to see what other specs are looking like for MoP simply because I'll have to finally bench my lock if I get forced into one spec for an entire xpac again.

This is where my hopes for demo comes from. The CC for demo does look pretty solid. Having 1 stun, 1 fear, and 1 horror effect (all on different DRs) along with good burst and decent ways to handle being tunneled by both melee and casters. I was able to get some more play time on the beta as demo and I actually really enjoy it. Of course it'll take a decent amount of practice to get used to the stance dancing but I think it'll add a new level of fun and complexity to demo pvp as opposed to hard casting in one spot all day.

One thing that I did not realize when I initially made this post was how absolutely amazing the new demonic leap is. I mean, it's more or less a disengage on a 15s cd. I <3 it. That + having an interrupt + knock back as demo without using a felhunter is also pretty nice. I won't be getting my hopes up too high for demo pvp, but I'm certainly not giving up on the concept any time soon.
The last post b4 you vicer was the 8/8/12 why bring up a dead thread ???
This thread is funny and sad.
All these post saying Aff will be the go to spec for PVP.... Oh to be young again
who thought there would actually be 4 specs for locks

aff/demo/dark apothhahablahblahblah/ destro

all decent in their own pvp situations
I don't think demo will ever be stronger than affliction in PvP because as affliction you have 80% of your damage roughly from dots, whereas for demonology too much of your damage comes from having to hard cast spells. Demonology would be far too easy to cc in pvp, affliction you just cant cc the chain instant casts and super fast casting UA.

Affliction is also really good constant pressure, and demonology (granted there is a lot more uptime on Meta in MoP) requires you to wait around a lot for burst. It could be good in some situations, but warlocks work really well now as a constant pressure class.

your wrong for anyone that has a dispell can shut don afflic demo doesnt have this problem