Can you move heirlooms across realms?

General Discussion
Like the title says: Can you move heirlooms across realms, and/or faction? They're "Bound to Account" but I can't find a way to give them to my other characters on different server or faction.
Nope, unless you transfer a toon. You can mail them cross faction on the same server though.
08/04/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Landorn
Like the title says: Can you move heirlooms across realms, and/or faction? They're "Bound to Account" but I can't find a way to give them to my other characters on different server or faction.

You can only move heirlooms cross-realm using the Character Transfer service.
However, you're able to mail heirlooms cross-faction as long as the toon is on the same realm.
08/04/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Mastin
Put em in your bags and server transfer. It's the only way until Blizz figures out how to send cross-realm mail.

Blizzard knows how to do that. They are just making too much money making people pay to transfer toons to give up the profits to a free mail system.
Yeah there were a few blue posts in EU forum and stated that they are actually looking into these stuff but the last time they said that was close to a year ago and never really said anything after that so given that one of the major project is finished (MoP) i think its about time they give us an official comment or at least their thought on this topic again.... Its only fair to the players who has been waiting for this system well over a year and especially when blizzard said they will look into this themselves.....

But then what are the chances of that happening...? close to none =(
Wrong. They do not know how to do that. I spoke with a GM and they said the coding was a really difficult work around and would require more work than the reward.
Ofc there are no rewards for them its for players and make them more happier as wow is losing more subscribers i think its crucial for them to make even a few players happy.....
Dunno if ir trolling there or being srs lol they should work around players not what they get in return....lol
Blizz is makin to much cash, but that would be a great way to keep players happy.
Im sure they will do it eventually.
They really shouldn't call them account bound items... more like server bound <sigh>
They really shouldn't call them account bound items... more like server bound <sigh>

Bound isn't the same as "Easily available to"

They are bound to your account - meaning they cannot leave it.

They are not bound to your realm, they can leave it when you do a character transfer to another realm.

We've only just started getting "Account-Wide" items. I expect eventually heirlooms will make it onto the list of things that are, but these things happen at a slow pace.

I really doubt there are that many people doing paid transfers to another realm just to ferry heirlooms across, so I can't see it being a huge dealbreaker for Blizzard to allow it once they've found time to code a method to transfer them into the game.

If they're server-bound, so is absolutely every other item in the game.

So, what makes BoA's different? The fact that you can't ever trade them to another account, because they're bound to yours. That's the only difference between heirlooms and an unbound item.

There's really not a better name for the restriction on them. People just keep wanting it to mean something it doesn't mean.

Not that I'm saying it wouldn't be cool to be able to transfer them to another server, just the the whole "they shouldn't call them account-bound" statement that comes up every time someone mentions this is just ... well, misinformed, to put it nicely.
Like every other individual item in the game, they cannot be mailed cross server.

And like every other individual item in the game, they can be moved cross server by being on a character that does a server transfer.

And no, mounts and pets are not "individual items", they are learned spells.
You learn to "summon" the mount or pet. These spells are known account wide (subject to faction limitations).
I like cheese. o.o
Bind on Account is an accurate term. Bind on Server would be inaccurate - because they are not server bound, you can server transfer with them. Bind on Account means you can trade them between toons of the same WoW account (or even between toons on different WoW accounts but the same Battle.net account)

There is nothing wrong or incorrect about calling it Bind on Account.

I understand that people want a way to transfer them between servers. However that doesn't change the terminology or mean it is wrong.

The fundamental problem is that realms are servers. It is easy to have things happen on the same server but more difficult to have things happen *between* servers. It is like moving things around on your own computer vs moving things around on a computer network.
I see lots of hairs being split in here.

The fundamental problem is that realms are servers. It is easy to have things happen on the same server but more difficult to have things happen *between* servers. It is like moving things around on your own computer vs moving things around on a computer network.

And yet we have CRZ which moves me and many others between servers just fine. I don't know exactly how CRZ works but in the end data is being transferred from my server to someone else on another server.

And yet we have CRZ which moves me and many others between servers just fine. I don't know exactly how CRZ works but in the end data is being transferred from my server to someone else on another server.

I am not particularly knowledgeable about how CRZ is implemented - but I do not think it is people "moving" to other servers. Rather it is more like an instanced-zone.

i.e. You aren't on "someone else's server". You are all strangers in a strange land.
08/04/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Mastin
Put em in your bags and server transfer. It's the only way until Blizz figures out how to send cross-realm mail.

I did that yesterday. Works great, except that it costs $25

In addition, I also transfered all of my guild tabards for guild rep gaining. I purchased a stack on my old guild that I had guild rep with, and sent them across server to all of my new toons on the new server. I don't have the rep with the new guild to buy them, but they are account bound so I was able to equip my toons...