RaF and Monks

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 33 Next

Yes.

That's !@#$ing ridiculous, but what do you expect? Wow's sub number has dropped, and can you imagine how many people are going to buy a whole new account just to boost their monks? Completely unfair for the normal person, but since wow is all about the money now, they don't give 2 %^-*s.

The "normal" person wasn't going to get realm first anyways. If anything this actually increases their chances. Otherwise realm first was going to someone who could afford to spend 20+ hours a day leveling for 3-4 days. Now you can probably do it in 1 or 2. Much more manageable for a normal person.
Awesome, realm first included

best buy and gamestop are running a sale on WoW this week so if your thinking of trying for it they make it easy.

Battlechest - 4.99
Wrath - 4.99
Cata - 9.99

So for 10 bucks basically you can use RAF up to 80 and level normally from there, or do it now and stock levels, (which is what I've been doing)

In the grand scheme of things realm first leveling achievements don't make a big difference, it's not like first raid boss kill or realm first Meta achievement. Its basically a game of who has the most help, can stay up the longest or has the most people playing their account. Sure you can plan and scheme and theory craft down to the last point of xp but in the end when you're 90 and 5.2 drops does it matter? No it doesn't.

Enjoy the race, even if it can start now and ends up being a little shorter.
Not sure if this has been answered but will granting levels work? Doing RAF right now that doesn't end till Oct. 6th so I'm interested to know if I should use the granted levels or save them.
So this means that we can grant free levels to our monks, right?
Will the "cap" for bonus experience and granted levels remain at 80, or will it be bumped to 85?
08/09/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Unfocused
Not sure if this has been answered but will granting levels work? Doing RAF right now that doesn't end till Oct. 6th so I'm interested to know if I should use the granted levels or save them.

If they aren't making any changes than it should work.
Blizzard, you’re breaking my heart! And you’re going down a path I cannot follow!
Just make sure that if your RAFing a Monk and you want realm first to have your xp at 99% of a level before you grant the levels, so when you get granted to 80 your only 1% off level 81!!!
08/09/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Treeba

If they aren't making any changes than it should work.

Agreed but you never know, for now i'll save them though because it doesn't hurt. Also they disappear as soon as you hit 80 or 81? confused on that.
People realize realm firsts for classes and races were removed in in Cata launch, right? Boosting a character using RAF levels doesnt give anyone an unfair advantage. There will be no realm first MONK, or realm first PANADARIAN.. only realm first 85
Battlechest - 4.99
Wrath - 4.99
Cata - 9.99

Cata is $5 (ends today) at Fry's.

Total for everything is $15 plus tax.
08/09/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Onemanzoo
People realize realm firsts for classes and races were removed in in Cata launch, right? Boosting a character using RAF levels doesnt give anyone an unfair advantage. There will be no realm first MONK, or realm first PANADARIAN.. only realm first 85

Uhh, races were removed. Classes werent. There will be realm first monk, paladin, ect
08/09/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Zarhym
Will Scroll of Resurection be available to instant level a monk to 80?

No. That's answered [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6922986/Scroll_of_Resurrection_Update_for_Mists_of_Pandaria_-8_9_2012"]here[/url].

To clarify, will we be able to grant levels to Monks via Recruit-a-Friend? That is, if you have two level 80 characters on the new account both leveled via RaF, can you use those characters to grant 40 levels each to the new Monk of the recruiting account?

There are Realm First [Class] FoS still. Only Realm Fist [Race] were removed in Cata.
08/09/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Sarkasmos
This is excellent. It's great to see that all my effort and planning wasn't for naught.

You have all but 6 achievements in the game.

/bow

But that's wrong, check my FoS if you want proof.
08/09/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Korvinn

No. That's answered [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6922986/Scroll_of_Resurrection_Update_for_Mists_of_Pandaria_-8_9_2012"]here[/url].

To clarify, will we be able to grant levels to Monks via Recruit-a-Friend? That is, if you have two level 80 characters on the new account both leveled via RaF, can you use those characters to grant 40 levels each to the new Monk of the recruiting account?

39 levels each.
From the RAF FAQ
"A recruit character can gain up to 39 "grantable" levels"
I'm personally behind this.

I know I'm main-swapping to monk for my main raids in Mists, and I just don't have the time in a week to go from 1-90 normally while working (nor the ability to take time off to do it).

This is actually really helpful, server firsts aside.
Battlechest - 4.99
Wrath - 4.99
Cata - 9.99

Cata is $5 (ends today) at Fry's.

Total for everything is $15 plus tax.

East coast = no fry's *sadface* but since RAF only works till 80 cata isn't really needed
If you use RaF on yourself, can you link your new recruited account to your original account, or does it need to be a new battle.net account?