Account Upgrade

Customer Support
Hello I had a starter account but I just bought the upgrade to Mists of Pandaria. It was 60 dollars but it also came with BC, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm. Does it also come with a month of game time? Also how can I check how many days of my subscription are left? Thank you.
The Battlechest comes with 30 days of free game time. You can check when it expires by going here and clicking on the account.

https://us.battle.net/account/management/
08/12/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Alexarastoo
Does it also come with a month of game time?

The base WoW Battle Chest does. None of the expansions do.

08/12/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Alexarastoo
Also how can I check how many days of my subscription are left?

Check your subscription history from your Account Management webpage:
https://us.battle.net/account/management/
"I don't think that's how 'Moon Tiara Magic' works." -- Sarah Jones
"Maybe they been doin' it wrong." -- The Commander
You should have a free month because of the Battlechest purchase- none of the expansions give free time, though.

And

Check your subscription history from your Account Management webpage: https://us.battle.net/account/management
i want to know with myths of pandaria do i pay once or once every month
08/20/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Fazazal

all expansions are one time fees for the content but once your account is upgraded from a starter edition - battlechest you have to start paying a monthly fee to access the content.

when upgrading from starter to a battlechest account you get 30 days free but once that is over you will have to use time cards or a recurring subscription via credit card.

note: no expansions give free time and must be upgraded in order (battlechest-wotlk-cataclsym-mists when released)

p.s. currently you can upgrade digitally from starter account to mists for only 59.99 not including the monthly subscription fee that can be paid via time cards or 1,3, or 6 month recurring credit card
08/20/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Fazazal
If you upgrade to Mists of Pandaria from whichever level of account you are currently on, you would pay your upgrade price, and then your standard subscription method to have playable time on your account. If you are still on a starter edition trial account, you will not have access to certain things that are part of certain expansions. You would not be able to have a DK, the monk class, or the Archaeology profession as those are dependent upon having the expansions associated with them.
if u upgrade to mop do your other charechters stay or do they disapeer
Upgrading to MoP should not affect any of your current characters - they should all be available.

In fact, more races will be available to you, an the Death Knight class, once you meet the requirements for having one. Of course, this will be available to everyone starting next Tuesday anyways.
I want to know, will MOP be released to the starter edition and if so, will Worgen and Goblin be add along with the pandarian?
08/22/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Wrigglethorn
I want to know, will MOP be released to the starter edition and if so, will Worgen and Goblin be add along with the pandarian?

No, the starter edition is the basic vannila WoW. It does not include any of the perks from the expansions. While the client will be patched to the newest one (since everyone is on the same client) the starter edition will still have the same prohibitions as it does now.
Ok, thanks, I also wanted to know if I upgrade straight to MoP that costs 59.99& at the moment, is it a one time payment or is a monthly subcription.
Ok, thanks, I also wanted to know if I upgrade straight to MoP that costs 59.99& at the moment, is it a one time payment or is a monthly subcription.

That is a one time payment, however you will still have to pay a monthly subscription if you wish to play the game every month. The 59.99 is the cost for the licences, the game itself still requires a monthly fee to play.
The $59.99 is one-time - purchasing all of the expansions. After the free 30 days of game time run out, you will need to add more game time which can be done with a subscription (meaning your designated payment method is automatically billed when time runs out) or by adding game time manually (you purchase cards from a retail store or a code from the online store).

You do not have to maintain a subscription, but if the game time you've paid for runs out, the account cannot be accessed until you add more time. Your characters don't go anywhere, but you can't log into the game.
Ok, what i want to know is that if i pay the 59.99 payment will it be one time, like forever, never have to pay again?
08/22/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Wrigglethorn
so it isn't a one time payment.

the 59.99 is yes, however the 15.00 needs to be paid every month...
thanks, cant wait to get it
08/22/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Wrigglethorn
thanks, cant wait to get it

No problem, welcome to the game. The deal they have right now is truely epic... :)
I just saw on a preview that you will be able to be all races on the 5.0.4 patch.