A MVP wants game-time ban for forum bans

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 26 Next

No, this is an assumption/conclusion other players made. People are actively harassing him by taking anything he says and twisting it to be about things he never said. Unless you can quote where that came from, you are just taking other players' harassment at face value.

Ok then my next question and do not take this as a bash. When a leader, and I use that term loosely, is found infective and people either do not take them seriously, or anything they say just scoffed at, at some point you have to consider the choices that were made in the people/person you chose to put in these positions. If this person is constantly attacked there is a reason behind it and not all of it can be the general community randomly forming linche mobs.

MVP are helpers, not leaders.

Compared to the rest of the D3 forums, Droth is the only sane man there.
If this happened I would of been perma-banned from the game like 5 years ago, making Blizzard lose over 1000$ in the stuff I have spent money on in this game (monthly fee, expansions, faction change, etc.)

Also this happens on rare occasions I guess, a friend of mine got a 3 day ban over something he did on the forums.
So you defend Dorth even though he implied he has direct contact to the developers in his other posts, and knows things under development that we as fellow players don't; which was the main cause for the OP creating this thread.

imo Since he is making it appear that other MVPs work directly with BLizzard when in actually they are the same as you are me, reporting Dorth seems the right thing to do.

How in the heck is replying that he can't comment on the topic inplying he has direct comment with the Devs?
Don't let it fool you. We are being on our best behavior because of the company. We have burned greens for less!

Maybe that's why Crepe never comes around anymore.

Trust me, even the trolliest of trolls don't compare. =(
08/13/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Kalico
How is clarifying how the program works a 'gang mentality'?

Clarifying the program in and of itself isn't 'a gang mentality'. Having a certain subset of posters whether they're defined by realm, guild, text color, race or whatever, flood a thread to shout down any dissent IS.

One or two, that's cool. I'll agree and have argued it's needed once in a great while. But when you have SEVERAL people from a particular subset participate, then in my opinion, then it becomes 'a gang mentality' which does that subset disservice.
Please keep in mind that Blizzard forum MVPs are players expressing their personal views and opinions. If an MVP sincerely believes a different application of rules and terms would be ideal, they're welcome to express that opinion, provided they're posting within the confines of the forum Code of Conduct.

MVPs don't speak on behalf of Blizzard. Be sure to check out the stated goals and objectives of the MVP program for more information.

If you have any feedback about the way an MVP represents oneself on the forums, feel free to send it to us via MVPs@Blizzard.com.
It's his opinion. Get over it. If you have a problem counter his argument by saying something remotely intelligent.

As far as the D3 forums go the garbage that is in there should be banned for the idiotic crap they sprout all day long.

08/13/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Marathel
remotely intelligent

08/13/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Marathel
D3 forums

Yeah, your heart's in the right place, but...
This is the problem with MVP systems:
They are not employees of the company but they often use their influence to push their own agendas.

This really isn't true. The types of things that most of the MVPs send e-mails about are to bring attention to other players' feedback posts, to get clarifications on policies or issues (such as the recent security compromise so the CSF greens could help with assisting people needing to change their account passwords or whether or not we should have people remove their authenticators), to ask for moderation during off-peak hours and some gold spammer has taken over a forum, or just to get advice from other MVPs (that Blizzard doesn't even always respond to).

The majority of MVPs are in places like the tech support and customer service forums, where the questions they have are about how to better help the players they are giving advice to.

Even someone like me who always gives feedback about class design and such, we try to keep feedback on the forums where you all can see it. Droth could have just sent a suggestion to the MVP e-mail list and not had all of this discussion happen on the forums. Instead, he posted it in public where other people could weigh in their ideas.

Making assumptions about what we do & don't do behind the scenes is really unhelpful.
Clarifying the program in and of itself isn't 'a gang mentality'. Having a certain subset of posters whether they're defined by realm, guild, text color, race or whatever, flood a thread to shout down any dissent IS.

Huggy, dissent isn't the issue. It's improper conduct that is.

I encourage dissent in any form as long as it's civil.

Issues don't get taken care of when the masses are silent about their dislikes, but on the other hand nothing good comes from trolling and flame wars... which seems to be what you're trying to start here with the MVP program...

I appreciate that you think I belong in the shed with my craftsman comrades, but keep in mind dissent is only warranted when it is kept civil.
One or two, that's cool. I'll agree and have argued it's needed once in a great while. But when you have SEVERAL people from a particular subset participate, then in my opinion, then it becomes 'a gang mentality' which does that subset disservice.

The Greens are different people. They have different opinions, and they would like to express them. This isn't like the derailers flooding a thread that they deem stupid in order to ruin it.

Ok then my next question and do not take this as a bash. When a leader, and I use that term loosely, is found infective and people either do not take them seriously, or anything they say just scoffed at, at some point you have to consider the choices that were made in the people/person you chose to put in these positions. If this person is constantly attacked there is a reason behind it and not all of it can be the general community randomly forming linche mobs.

MVP are helpers, not leaders.

Compared to the rest of the D3 forums, Droth is the only sane man there.

okay same can be said for helpers. Fact is the green text and status with no tools is a target put on their back. By implementing this program you accomplish putting someone in the line of fire that can not effectively fire back.

I will be the first to admit I do not are for most of the MVPS and the ones that I did like are gone now. the ones that are left are nothing more then exalted fanbois of blizz.
08/13/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Huggywuggles
But when you have SEVERAL people from a particular subset participate, then in my opinion, then it becomes 'a gang mentality' which does that subset disservice.

Everyone is free to post wherever they want on these forums provided they follow the Code of Conduct. It doesn't matter what color their text is.

I get it, you don't like MVPs and that's fine. But saying we're a gang simply because we're correcting some false things that have been said about the program is a bit too much.
08/13/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Nassandra
The Greens are different people. They have different opinions, and they would like to express them. This isn't like the derailers flooding a thread that they deem stupid in order to ruin it.

Exactly.
08/13/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Healstime
He's on the D3 forums, no one cares about that game.

I like D3, it is a great game. If it was called Iblis or Mara or Shaitan rather then Diablo 3people would be very hard pressed to find any issues with it other then the launch issues which have been resolved.

People complain about it because it isn't Diablo 2.5 just like Warcraft 3 wasn't Warcraft 2.5 or Diablo wasn't the same as Diablo 1. it is a new game, not an expansion and that means change.

A lot of the complaints are about the game type itself and from people who don't know what Diablo 3 was before they started playing it. It is a dungeon crawler, of course you are going to redo the same content on harder difficulty once you beat the game, on easy that is how the Diablo series works. Of course the only thing to do at max level is grind for the best items, that is what those games are about, what did you expect the ability to raid some dungeon like WoW?

However Forum bans should not carry over to game bans. Especially when forum bans last much longer and much quicker then game bans. Players will be banned for a week or a month on their second or third offense, and that isn't for trolling that is for a legitimate debate getting little heated between passionate people on opposite sides of the fence.

Forum bans are means more as a "Time out cool down, think about what you did" measure then a punishment. Game bans are an actual punishment when they are implemented.
Everyone is free to post wherever they want on these forums provided they follow the Code of Conduct. It doesn't matter what color their text is.

I get it, you don't like MVPs and that's fine. But saying we're a gang simply because we're correcting some false things that have been said about the program is a bit too much.

He doesn't like anything that fits his definition of a clique.
MVPs are just normal posters or mini-mods who report everything to blizzard while making posts trying to correct someone in a fashion a CM would.

Also, speaking of CMs, I see one finally posted. Zarhym and I have had several run-ins in the past, of course it's because I was misbehaving and not because I was making constructive posts.