Instance Lockout Extensions and 5.0.4

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
Dear 4.3,

You've been quite generous to us ferals in PvP.

Farewell.

/cry

*looks with apprehension to the changes for ferals in 5.0
08/14/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Avánii
So how bout them heroic mou- *shot with dart* *thud*

I love you.
Can Blizzard comment on what will be happening to the drop rate of Smoldering Egg of Millagazor and Life-Binder's Handmaiden? Mimiron's Head and Invincible went to being rare drops with the Shattering patch for Cataclysm, but there has been no word as to whether these newer mounts will have their drop rate adjusted with the pre-patch or Mists itself.

I would love some clarification on this too as it will definitely affect our guilds plans in the next few weeks.
All Raid mounts whether they are boss drops of meta achieves should be removed from the game once a new tier of content is released, you know, the way they did it with the naxx drakes?

or remove the meta mounts upon new content and drop boss drops to 1% or have the dropped mounts randomly appear on this "black market" ah I keep hearing about.

I say leave the metas, since it could suck if you are like 1 achieve away and then can never finish it. But the 100% drop mounts - I prefer a modification where they have a much lower chance to drop. 1-3% seems appropriate, the <1% chances are too rare.
YAY!! we have a date
Can Blizzard comment on what will be happening to the drop rate of Smoldering Egg of Millagazor and Life-Binder's Handmaiden? Mimiron's Head and Invincible went to being rare drops with the Shattering patch for Cataclysm, but there has been no word as to whether these newer mounts will have their drop rate adjusted with the pre-patch or Mists itself.

I would love some clarification on this too as it will definitely affect our guilds plans in the next few weeks.

Can we please get a response to this question ? There are a few threads up and alot of people are interested to know.

My personal opinion is that the drop rates should not be nerfed pre-mop - it's still current content and you can't use a bunch of level 90s to faceroll the content for free mounts.
So, which class, because things will be tuned for 90, will be super OP once the patch drops, causing crying in the PvP community (ya know, as there always is) that gets the class nerfed and made useless in PvP for an entire expansion?

Anyone want to venture a guess what class that will be?

Otherwise, this is good news and I look forward to the patch on the 28th.
Dam only two weeks left of being a mage that does way more damage.
RIP HGWT!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure Blizzard wants to annihilate any sense of vanity accomplishment that doesn't come from PvP; so Firehawks for everyone!
What is going on with the servers today i keep getting disconnected from any zone i enter to do my dailies such as the mogu area for the Golden Lotus Dailies
08/15/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Marcusq
I'm pretty sure Blizzard wants to annihilate any sense of vanity accomplishment that doesn't come from PvP; so Firehawks for everyone!

they were more than happy to take Master flying away from those who spent a year on the what a long strange trip it has been achieve so I could see them removing the mounts from the game completely.

yea, I was surprised with that change. A long strange trip is a lot of work, it really deserved a suitable reward for it. But, I guess mounts haven't been tied to the faster speed for a while.
Dear 4.3,

Farewell.

/cry

/druidbro hug

I know the feeling all to well my friend. I loved Feral. I will try it in the next expansion but the news that Bear and cat are now completely separate Specs... It made me sad and upset.
08/14/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Firestyle
I don't care what mount other people use. I still use my Tyrael mount for just about everything even though I have "rarer" or harder to get mounts on my account simply because Tyrael's charger looks awesome. And like I said, no one cares if you have a mount from last expansion anyway because the ones that care about their ego are too busy working on current content.

I'm sorry, but I take pride in the rewards from the things I've accomplished. You can call me a no lifer; but I honestly appreciate having a nice home because of all the hard work I've done to earn the money to buy it. If everyone was suddenly handed a home just like mine, it would in fact make it feel like my hard work was in fact in vain.

Apply the same concept, to spending a lot of time to kill a boss and reap the rewards to having those rewards handed out. And yes, these are vanity rewards so they are not game impacting.

/begin flame wars

P.S. I won't be able to continue them with you, since I'm going out to dinner to celebrate.

One's a game. Flame war ended. Victory - people with brains.
Dear 4.3,

Farewell.

/cry

No longer being a high quality DPSer and a high quality tank in the same BG/Arena/fight sure will be rough.
One's a game. Flame war ended. Victory - people with brains.

Olympics are games, I bet those folks winning are pretty dang proud.

game/gām/Noun: A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Let's add a few more definitions while we're at it:
1. re·ward/riˈwôrd/Noun: A thing given in recognition of service, effort, or achievement.
2. hand·out/ˈhandˌout/Noun: 1.Something given free to a needy person or organization.
5.0 there you are :)
Sad to see Pet battles are currently not part of the 5.0.4 notes. Would love to have some live time with the achievement/pet farming before the actual expansion comes and I have to spend all my time levelling and farming reps/gear before raids go live.
Dear 4.3,

Farewell.

/cry

No longer being a high quality DPSer and a high quality tank in the same BG/Arena/fight sure will be rough.

True looks like it is now only reserved for Warriors, Monks, and Paladins.
exanpsion release date was annouced over a month ago wut tree have u been hiding under? panda is out on sept 25 i think this is ur attempt to troll forums