All Races Available in Patch 5.0.4

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
08/16/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Lysaa
So does this mean we are getting our 11th character slot too?

This is a very good question.

Also this should be much clearer on the point.

on Aug 28th with the release of 5.0.4
All Races and Classes available before MoP will be available to anyone with at least BC account.

on Sept 25th with Launch of MoP
Pandaren Race will be available to anyone with at least BC
Monk will only be available to those that have a MoP account
This is only news for people who don't have every expansion :(
I've seen some confusion about when pandaren character creation will be accessible.

Just to be clear on the announcement, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

So it says all races, what about though all classes? Just because Pandaren become available for play regardless if you have MoP or not, does this include the new monk class?

No, you'll need to upgrade your World of Warcraft license to Mists of Pandaria in order to unlock the monk class. The same is true for leveling from 85-90 and gaining access to the continent of Pandaria.

That being said, if the Pandaren start in Pandaria but people do not have the expansion to access that part of the world want to start one, then where would those people start?
One more step down the path to where WoW is pure pablum for the new comers.

When you start to make everything available, and everything easier, to everyone, with no effort or cost involved, you follow in the footsteps of Everquest.

I love this game, but honestly? Blizzard is killing it with all of these unneeded, and very unwise changes.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8d3usTckJ1r46q52.png
08/16/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Hugabull
That being said, if the Pandaren start in Pandaria but people do not have the expansion to access that part of the world want to start one, then where would those people start?

The Pandaren starting area is separate from Pandaria so this would not be an issue, also from a technical standpoint on Aug 28th when 5.0.4 goes live all of the expansion, with the exception of the last couple weeks of beta pushes, will be already patched to our clients.
I've seen some confusion about when pandaren character creation will be accessible.

Just to be clear on the announcement, we're making it possible for people to create a character of any race, regardless of what expansions you've purchased. So if you only have the original game (which now has The Burning Crusade included), when patch 5.0.4 hits you'll be able to create goblin and worgen characters as well. And, once Mists of Pandaria is released, you'll be able to create pandaren characters, regardless of whether or not you own Mists of Pandaria.

That is a good change and all, but when do we finally get Gnome Hunters? Only race without them, and Goblins are the same size.
08/16/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Essayl
This is great but how will starting areas be handled?

The starting areas will be accessible as well. For example, you'll be able to adventure on the Wandering Isle as a pandaren when Mists of Pandaria is released, but you won't be able to visit Pandaria. They're separate locations.

08/16/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Rehvin
You're specifically talking about character creation. How will this affect paid race changes? Will I be able to race change to Pandaren on my existing shaman on August 28th or do I have to wait until September 25th?

Pandaren characters will be locked until Mists of Pandaria is released. You won't be able to create one. You won't be able to change an existing character into one.
Once again I see people upset over stupid things. I already have all 10 toons and at least 1 race for NE,H,D,D,G,and W. Do I care if they make the game "look" better to new players. No I don't care I am happy the more new players in the game is only a good thing. For the people that have all the expansions this does not apply. Why would anyone be upset if a new player just buying the first game to try it out and can play a goblin or worgan or a panda change anything about the game. The only thing this will do is hopefully get the new player happy to pay more money to take thier toon to higher lvls.
I am quite handsome. Thanks for pointing it out. ^_^

Mork has a great mustache. But his skin color is all wrong, shoulda been green...