I was normal once.........................

General Discussion
1 2 3 21 Next
I was normal once upon a time. Just your average 43yro that likes MMO's. That all changed July 30th, 2012. I drove myself to the ER with a a swollen leg and abdominal pain. The ran a basic series of CT's. I have a tumor. At this point they admitted me to the hospital. July 31 I had my Biopsy, while I was under they ran a quick test on it, it's malignant(sux to be me at this point )more carving and they installed a Power port by my right collar bone. 2 days later due to the swelling in my leg I was also blessed with a Greenfield Vena Cava filter to prevent the blood clots that are forming in my leg from breaking loose and causing me some real serious problems. I have Non Hodg. Lymphoma. Why am I writing this here. Because I want to shout my thanks to the people in Warcraft have been more supportive in this mess than 85% of people that I have known 5, 10 even 15yrs(that is what really breaks me down). My guildies have made me feel more appreciated in the past 2 1/2 weeks. One of them even drove out to the hospital helped me get home got me settled in my house after I was released from the hospital. I had my first round of Chemo on the 8th my next is on the 29th then 4 more after that every 3 weeks. I want my left arm back to normal(biopsy site) I'm also a lefty to boot so its really annoying the hell out of me right now with the limited movement. Again I am just rambling here cause I wanted to.
My heels are dug in. Dr's give me excellent prognosis of beating this.

LOK'TAR
Sorry to hear your real-life friends aren't being more supportive. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Good luck to you! You will win! And in honor of your spirit, which I find bouncy and not un-gnome-like, I use my special powers to make you an honorary gnome, as long as you promise not to eat us or punt us. Huzzah!
I hope you come out okay.

You the person, of course.

Horde should burn in righteous fire!
08/16/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Gohr

/cheer
Blood and honor.

Get better.
Always sad to hear when a player has major rl trouble. We bicker and moan so much among ourselves we often forget the human beings on the other side of the connection.

Thank you for the dose of reality. I think we needed it today too.

God speed.
Wow. Fight the good fight, Gohr!

I hope it can be taken care of.
I hope you come out okay.

You the person, of course.

Horde should burn in righteous fire!

amen to this
08/16/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Gohr
Great news! Fight on, brothers!
Fight the good fight. I hope that you are well very soon and that you show cancer who is boss.

Be well.
Fight with the tenacity of your orc death knight!

Lok'tar!
08/16/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Kaioon
Your definition of normal: I question it.

Rude.

Wish you well, OP.
Godspeed, sir/madam. I hope you recover soon. :)
Deus c um vobis.
My God be with you.
Gl bro. It's sad to hear that your rl friends aren't more supportive.

Hope you get better, Lok'tar.
i have ovarian cancer so i hear ya. the power port is annoying but it's really your best friend as is the game, particularly after chemo when the alternative is laying in front of the tv being all nauseous.

yeah keep your friends close but understand that having cancer is really weird for people, they don't know what to say and just feel like they are walking on ice and feel obligated to help in some way when all you really want is people to call up and say Hi!

give it time, people will probably come around again...at least some of them will.